Masters Running

Monday morning Nov 9 (Read 471 times)

#artbydmcbride

I ran a fun little half marathon yesterday.    I set a new PR by 2 minutes so I'm pretty happy.     I hope you all are having a great day today!   Smile

Runners run

Oh here we are!

Good morning, Ilene.  Congratulations on your PR!

I had a nice 43° recovery run this morning: 3.1 miles, 28:19, 9:00/mi, AHR 136 (69% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

#artbydmcbride

43?  It was 45 at the start line yesterday so I waited in the car!!   brrrrrrrrrrr!

Runners run

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Rest day for me.   Got in 10 yesterday, but the wheels fell off around mile 8.   In all reality, I had very little sleep the night before and really shouldn't have attempted it.   But mentally I needed the time out on the road.

Nice job yesterday Ilene!!   I hope that was not your report!!

Happy Monday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

28 degrees, sunny, and no wind this morning.  Very nice! My friend and I ran/walked 5.1 miles.  I'm kind of discouraged, because I'm having difficulty running more than two miles without having to walk!  And even after that, I have to walk every half mile or so.  What the heck??  It's been like that since my HM on October 4.  My mileage has gone down a lot, mainly because I get discouraged when every run is difficult.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me??

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Ilene.. nice RR and congratulations on th PR!

Teresa.... for me, the first 2 miles are always hard, but then they naturally get easier adn faster after that.

so.. maybe run slow fo 2 miles, rest for one minute and then start running at a faster pace and see it it feels better.

5.2 miles... first 2 with the dogs at 10:35 pace which felt hard (creaky hard)... then 3.2 miles at 8:30 pace which felt much better.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #957

Ileneforward – Congratulations on your new PR! 

Timbo – super last long run this weekend!  And you’re not the only one who trips on specks of dust – I’ve been known to do that myself.

Fatozzig/Leslie – you really got me thinking about nutrition last night.  I hope I didn’t come off like I was telling you what to do, though. 

My stomach is STILL feeling crampy and weird, albeit mildly,...I asked my DH this morning, “You’re not poisoning me, are you?”

No run for me today – 45 min of weights and abs instead.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

After yesterday's 16-miler I came back to earth and did a short, slow recovery run today, just 3.3 on the dirt in 34 minutes.  Then my flex and core work afterwards.  Feel great now.

Ilene, nice going.  You are running well.

I have a friend in his 30's looking for a running site to learn from.  He is just getting into running.  What site here on RA would be helpful for him?  Thanks.  Spareribs

My stomach is STILL feeling crampy and weird

You're not pregnant, are you?

MTA - All kidding aside, I wouldn't let that drag on too long Holly. With all the stress you've been under lately, it could be the start of something more serious, like an ulcer.

evanflein

No run for me today, but that's becoming a non-event lately. I might try to go pool running after work, but DS2 has an orthodontist appt. mid-afternoon and I need to find a dr appointment or something for DS1... strange sore on his tongue looks like it's infected. Ick.

Teresa, sometimes that happens. Seems the ol' bod gets into a lull and the mojo is hard to find. Usually not too long-lived though so I hope you feel sproinky again soon.

Holly, sometimes those bugs just take a while to really leave. Be good to yourself while you're recoving.

Renee the dog

Well I got 8 miles in this morning.  65 ºF and 100% H.  With the sun coming closer to us, it felt like mid-day during the summer.

I blew off my 14 miler yesterday.  Just didn't have it in me, and crossed it out. I guess taper is ON!

Ilene, congrats on the new PR!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

TammyinGP

Congrats on the new PR, Ilene. I just wish we knew what that new PR was . . .you are so mysterious!

Haven't had a chance to read through the daily this weekend. Some of it on Saturday, but not the whole thing. We had a busy weekend with some pretty decent fall weather, so used that time to get leaves racked, and some of the outdoor stuff put away or covered . . . and then DS had his flag football championship game last night, at the high school stadium - so a real big deal to these 3rd/4th graders. They won in a very hard fought game, with my son scoring the winning touchdown with 2 min left on the clock. It was such a nailbiter! and it was so very cool to see him celebrate with his team on the field. A real proud and tear-filled moment for me. Tonight is the team party.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

You're not pregnant, are you?

Tammy - awesome!  I hope you got some video footage.

Erika - infected tongue - bummer!  And painful sounding...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

hmmm . . . that's not exactly a denial now is that??

unfortunately, no video and I just curse myself for that! My digital camera EATS through batteries when taking video and by the time we got to the end of the game, the batteries were shot.

Tammy

Mariposai

Holly is pregnant??? Is it too early to start making quilts for the babe?

Catching up with emails around here. I thought I would spend my day today cleaning house after leaving my 17 y/o boy home alone for 12 days, but no..when we arrived yesterday .the house was clean, the kitchen mopped, and a Ecuadorian dinner was waiting for us.

I just posted my NYC race report. Warning...it is a bit tooooooooo long.

Ileneforward.........you are getting smoking fast my friend. congrats on your PR.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard