Masters Running

Tuesday daily, 10.23.2012 (Read 325 times)

Nobody else? Guess I have to start it.

Well, another warm spell here, but instead of running I did a spinning class this morning. Tomorrow should be even better, so it will be another "last chance" for a long bike ride, and then a run on Thursday. Things are going well...

In a few minutes I'm off to sign up for a compete AT&T U-verse package to replace our current providers for phone, Internet, and TV. It's always a bit traumatic to do this since it means changes to our house network, WiFi, email, new DVR to learn, etc. But hopefully worth it and it will save money (at least for the next two years).

How is your Tuesday coming along?

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

...mornin' roch........

========

....28min poolrun

.........PT tomorrow,

hopefully I can get the OK for hiking after this.

........................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

40 degrees here and wet...ugh...but ran 4 miles anyways...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Mariposai

I enjoy saving money and I don't mind at all changing providers to save a bundle. Enjoy your money saving day, Roch!

Erika, I am with you about not running much the rest of the year. Less miles is giving me more time to do things around the house.

Troy, I just love your pictures! From yesterday, I really like the one with the moon.

It RAIN here last night, yiipieeee! The sweet smell of sage greeted me this morning as I went out for a zombiesleks 4 miles. Ave. pace 8:35. Running from Zombies is scarier in the dark Big grin

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Dave59

We switched to U-verse a couple years ago and love it.  Some other systems have caught up, but at the time it was our only option to have a DVR that could record 4 things at once and allow us to watch recordings on any TV.

4.18 miles during a foggy mid-morning run.

Tramps

Troy--awesome photos

On the road this week.  Through the Garden District along St. Charles' St trolley tracks for 8 miles.

Be safe. Be kind.

Fall/winter has suddenly arrived here.  Cold 43F, easy 5 miles this morning.  Been raining a lot.  And scarily dark in the mornings.  I almost tripped a few times, once running over those cords they lay across a road to count cars passing.  I thought it was just a shadow of an overhead wire.

Unfortunately, I missed my visit to see mariposai in Omak.  My Mum passed away the night before I was to drive to Omak and I changed my plans and spent a week in Toronto.  Her health had been declining steadily for the past several years and she spent the last 4 months bedridden, in the hospital, awaiting a bed in a nursing home.  It was not unexpected.  Plus, the dementia or Alzheimers or whatever you want to call it had advanced pretty far, so it really was her time (84 years old).  Us four kids plus my Dad actually had some good times and laughs last week all visiting together.  The four kids plus my two newphews were pall bearers and that was meaningful to me and my sister (it is apparenly acceptable for women to do this now).

On a lighter note, I managed to run three times last week on the hotel treadmill.  4 miles, 3 miles and 3 miles.  Better than nothing.  Plus I got to see the movie Argo.  It was pretty good.  I still don't understand however.....wait, I can't spoil the plot....

And, good news, my DH found a job he likes and starts on Halloween.  So he has one week to clean up the house!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

{{{Enke}}} Hugs and prayers to you and your family. And congrats to the DH on finding a job.

Hope the PT lets you hike, TW.

4 feel good miles this a.m. in another crisp predawn run.  Thousands and thousands of stars in the sky.  It really was beautiful.

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Dave59. The thing that dad uses to take pictures, he gets to talk to it when we go run run run. Lots of the pictures he don't use because they are fuzzy. Just me being fuzzy is enough. He calls his a "Stoopid Phone".

Hi PBJ!!!

Did you roll in the deer?

Fatozzig, Dad says "That's odd". So is the dog on your new picture

Erika, Can you tell your DS he's bad and make him stay in the yard ? We hope he stays safe.

That looks like a lot of ice cream Rhoon.

Going run run run and getting wet is better than having a bath Gordon

I'm very sorry about your mom Enke. 

Noah came over today and we made some more monster pancakes. He ate all of his and wanted some more too! He even made some for me and Mom. 

My and Dad went down a very sandy dirty road to go run run run!!!!!

It was very wet and the truck got dirty.  We found some nice trails!

I got to save Dad from lots of birds and he didn't even holler.

He took a shirt off but I had to wear one.

After a long time, we got back to the truck. When me and Dad were going back, the truck got very loud. Dad said it's the exhausted and needs to be fixed too.!!!!!

Sniffing Butts, Tag

fatozzig, congrats to shorty on his 18 months of sobriety.  roch (and perch), good job on manning the aid station in Detroit.  PBJ, happy birthday.  rhoon, your great pictures never fail to amaze me.  steve, I enjoyed the pictures of Tag and your adventures.

Nice long run for PBJ.

We're in Ludington having a nice visit with my sister, brother in law, and mother.  This morning, it  was nice, mid 50s and almost calm.  I got in 9 miles (longest since March I think) at an 11;53  pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS 

Bushrat Runner

4 miles at lunch. It is cold out there, 15F with wind blowing 15 mph...brrr. I tried to talk myself out of running, but I won't be running the next two days, have a meeting in Dillingham, so I decided I better get my chilly buns out the door today like it or not. It was fine. I was perfectly attired. That doesn't happen often in winter, seems I'm always 5 degrees off...but not today.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

enki - my mind's still all mixed up about it but it's kind of sorry that that's the only time for relatives to get together these days where everyone lives all over hte place.  Sorry you missed mariposai's autumn leaf 5K but my ninja costume needs someone to chase in the Run Scared 5K over at Seward Park this weekend.  I guarantee there's no danger of me catching up to you any more.

in case anyone who is in Ludington has a camera,

I wonder if those beautiful white sand dunes are still there?

Thanks for yours rhoon.

It's like seeing old riends again who are just as beautiful after 50 years.

Maybe fly over the caldera sometime, if possible.

ps - at least when it's 15-degrees, it's not raining!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

What an great tribute for your mom for the four kids and nephews to be pall bearers. Enkephalin, I am so glad to hear that your DH got a job that he likes. I am sorry to admit that I was not aware that he was without work, my bad. OH, btw, we are counting on you guys to bring the kids for some snow play time come winter!

The more I see the autumn leaves from back East the more I am reminded that I need to schedule a fall marathon run back there. Great pictures,  batman!

tselbs, congrats on your longs run since March!

twocat, did your friend got back to the USA? What a bummer for them to get stuck in Amsterdam.

starrunner, I so like your avatar with your picture! How is the quilting coming along?

Today I left work a little bit early to hit the gym before I met up with my DH for a run. I have been consistent with weight lifting for 6 weeks now and I sure can tell the difference! Oh, and I finally graduated from 120 crunches to 150 today! After 5 the Easy Pacer met me for an easy, relaxing and chatty 4 miler for him, 5 for me. So 9 miles for the day and I am looking forward to some recovery miles tomorrow.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Enke, I'm sorry for your loss.

Good run tonight but tough.  I'm redoing workouts from this point in my last training cycle, projected out to Dec. 9.  In other words, I'm doing the workouts I did in August.  This one was 2 mi. warm up + (2 min. easy + 2 min. medium + 2 min. quick) 3 sets + 2 mi. cool down.  It was warm and muggy out, not that I'm complaining.

I can't complain about work any more because the boss either quit or got fired while I was out West.  If I had been around I might be the boss.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

evanflein

Sorry, Enke. Even when expected, the loss of your mom is still hard. There will be other Autumn Leaf runs.

The pictures Troy posts are just amazing. How do you do that while flying that small plane? Have you ever sold any to magazines? I bet you could... 

Holly, I got your package today. They look like hazelnuts! Think I can get one to sprout? Wink Heck, I'll try to grow anything...

Elliptical and ab stuff at lunchtime today. We've had our first below zero temperatures this week and I'm finding it hard to come up with the motivation to bundle up and get out there...