Masters Running

Super Bowl Saturday (Read 35 times)

Mariposai

Good morning gang. No running here since it is 12F and very windy. I may have to run on the TM today, but the sunshine is callling my  wings to go outside for a run. We will see. Meanwhile, I am enjoying my pijamas morning at home.

Enjoy the gift.

Go Seattle Seahawks, go!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

gracias posie.

with seemingly a decent chance of having a chance for a good showing in this year's superbowl, the city of Seattle is so electric with anticipation that it was hard to find anyone, even in the courthouse, without a "12" jersery, cap or something on "Seahawks Blue" Friday..

As for me, still being sore after last Saturday's three laps around the 9.6 mile perimeter of Lake Youngs, I'm getting out of town, . . taking the overnight Greyhound to my son's place in Idaho to do something I've never done in my life: sit down in front of a tv and watch an entire football game wire-to-wire, . . . I think.  Last time I took the same bus, it was for the three IMCdA's we did together in 2003/2004/2005, . . . and it's the same bus for the Bloomsday's and Let's-Climb-a-Mountain 34-miler with you too.

Go hawks!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

...if you're gonna watch a WholeGame tet, ALWAYS watch Peyton Manning>>>>>>>>>>Tennessee's FavoriteSon..

==========

..40mprnb

avec la steppes'

.....................good running guys

ps,

GoodRunning tet-meister

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

...if you're gonna watch a WholeGame tet, ALWAYS watch Peyton Manning>>>>>>>>>>Tennessee's FavoriteSon..

thanks tom.

yeah, my sister in Deadwood, a lifelong Bronco's fan from her college days in Colorado, has been mentioning something, actually a lot,  about him too. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

thanks tom.

yeah, my sister in Deadwood, a lifelong Bronco's fan from her college days in Colorado, has been mentioning something, actually a lot,  about him too. Smile

.....a little FudgeWager perhaps??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

C-R

I read the thread title and thought I missed the game. Whew!

Patrick and I ran track workouts today with my master's running team. His comment, "You guys can still go fast". Loved it and he was right there with us hammering out the reps.

Well off to soccer and a birthday dinner later for the boys. Have a great day everyone.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

6.6 miles around the neighborhood w/DW 32F, no wind and clear roads, almost like Spring!!!

C-R I'm thinking of coming out to the Sam Costa half in March, any thoughts about that?

Have a Great Weekend!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

King of PhotoShop

I appreciated Tet's and Henry's recollections of those old Boston Marathon tales and the people involved in them.  On Monday I'm posting the answers to the quiz and some of the content is quite interesting, especially the Switzer and Shorter answers.  Feetures! socks were so happy about the quiz that they told me they would mail out the socks to the winning entrants, so that I don't have to do it, or use my personal stash.  They also said they would allow me to send more than six pairs. I had only one perfect score, but plenty of 8's and a few 9's, so a lot of people are going to get socks.

In other news, New Balance is giving me a pair of their new Foam Something or Other, to test wear, so that I can write about it of course. I wrote back to them and warned them if I like them I'll say so; if not I'll say that too. They wrote back immediately, "We'll take our chances." I liked that. They come today by FedEx so I'm eager to test them out.

8.5 easy this morning at the park.  Going out to dinner tonight so no cooking.   Spareribs

Greetings all---long week of work travel and got back home last night. I was worried that I'd be too creaky and tired for a longish run this morning, but Iron J and I covered 16.4 miles at 8:10 pace and it felt great---it helped that it was 40 degrees, sunny and the bike paths are clear again. We chattered away and are both building the miles----our first 70 mile week almost complete. roar.

I'll be on a flight to St. Louis during game kick-off time. Ah well, and actually no big deal. I have seen most of the pre-released commercials on YouTube already and care little about the actual game. Although i did listen to the mayor of Omaha discuss how Manning's "Omaha" play calling has boosted that city's morale and economy.

janie b good

"Why, what's the matter,
                      That you have such a February face,
                      So full of frost, of storm and cloudiness?"
                      -  William Shakespeare,  Much Ado About Nothing

6.2 TM miles ... and I, for one, am GLAD to finally see February!

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Mike E

MM #5615

I'm glad to see February, too!  (Although, I wish the r after the b wasn't thrown in there...it makes it harder to say...)  Anyway--yeah--I'm happy for February--I'm doing a marathon this month!  And then I'm going to lie on a beach for a week!  Drinking frilly drinks...like Pina Coladas...and Strawberry Daiquiris...and...and...I don't know anymore frilly drinks...but I'll be drinking them, dang-it!

Sorry--can't stay long--I have to write another dang drama for church.  "Extravagant Generosity" is the theme...hmmm...

NHLA

12 miles 1 hr 51 min   two goat rd. You run for 10 min and you're in the same place.

NHLA - cute road!

Yes, SeaHawks madness around here.  Apparently there was a pep rally one day last week.....so it took me 90 minutes to get into work, and would have been longer but I was smart enough to get off the bus that was stuck in traffic and walk some.  But I forgive those crazy fans.  Last night I noticed some people still had their Christmas lights on, which I thought odd, then I realized they were green and blue lights only!

10K muddy run with a now dirty dog, on the mountain.  It felt a bit sluggish, but better towards the end.  Sometimes the run just has to come to you, ya know?

Ribs, I saw an ad for those shoes, and my first thought was, I have never owned NB shoes, but those right there are likely to make my try them.

Door#10 is up for scrutiny tonight.  Or maybe that is the other way around.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

Always on the hunt for a new shoe, and if Enke likes how they look then I probably will too. Give them a good test, Ribs and let us know what you think!

Lots of switchbacks on that road, NHLA? Was it all uphill??

I hope there's something good behind Door #10. One of these days, when you find the right guy, you're gonna have to tell him what Door # he was... Smile And it'll always be your lucky number after that!

Chilly here today, but not too cold (if that makes any sense). I like February because it seems like January is soooo long, dark and cold... but this year it was warmer than any January I can remember, which was nice. But it still felt long. Now on to the longest 4 weeks of the calendar! But... our daylight is increasing and every day gets that much closer to spring, right? *sigh*

NHLA

Even  only three bad hills the rest of this route is flat sand/dirt roads. lake summit flat part