Masters Running

Taco Toosday 7/9! (Read 38 times)

TammyinGP

Well this is a first!  

Up and to work very early this morning as I dropped my parents off at the airport at 6:45 a.m.  They are headed to MN for a week to visit my grandma. 

That's all I got for ya!  Hopefully the rest of you have more exciting things to share.

Tammy

Tramps

Thanks, Tammy.

Erika--sorry to hear of the air quality issues.

Sorry, nothing exciting to share here. We did get 22 miles in on the bikes, though. A tad less hot and humid today.

Recent storms dropped a tree onto our old decrepit barn, so I've got some clean up work to do today. Not a huge tree but enough to keep me busy out there.

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave59

Another easy 3 for me this morning and then about an hour of work. I'm still on vacation but I thought I'd check in. Not much going on.

My shirt from the July 4th race shrunk about 3 sizes in the wash. They obviously use cheap material in Florida events. 

anneb

Good morning all!

6.2 miles for me, complete with momma and baby deer sighting. I stopped to take a pic, got distracted, and realized 5 minutes later that I hadn't restarted my watch, oops🤦🏻‍♀️  Getting warm-ish again, but still a pretty nice morning right around 70. Happy Tuesday.

Anne

spacityrunner

Up and out early this morning for a 2 mile walk around the neighborhood. Saw one new neighbor , many deer bounding and no dogs. Another heat advisory day here so early morning makes walking bearable.

Trails Rock!

Henrun

Steamy day here but got out for 2.3 power walk. My “good” knee is acting up. When I had my R knee replacement the X-ray indicated that the L knee was in worse shape but asymptomatic. Hope not to go through surgery again Using heat, stretches, weights and knee wrap. Better today. Will not run until symptoms disappear.

spacityrunner

Steamy day here but got out for 2.3 power walk. My “good” knee is acting up. When I had my R knee replacement the X-ray indicated that the L knee was in worse shape but asymptomatic. Hope not to go through surgery again Using heat, stretches, weights and knee wrap. Better today. Will not run until symptoms disappear.

So sorry to hear this Henry!!!!  Have you run the cortisone course on that knee?  I sure hope you can avoid another surgery!!!!

Trails Rock!

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks for the start, Tammy. I'm sure your parents appreciated the early airport transport.

Nice ride, Tramps, with reduced H&H. Sorry about the necessary tree work. I hope the damage to the barn isn't extensive.

That's a big shrink up, Dave! I'm sure you have a young-un somewhere on whom that shirt will now fit perfectly.

Nice run/walk with deer-sightings, anneb and spacityrunner.

I hope that "good" knee continues to improve, Henrun. Meanwhile, nice steamy powerwalk.

I saw a quick video clip of me approaching the finish line at Sunday's race, and didn't like what I saw at all. While I've been envisioning that my racewalking form has been relatively fluid, it looked pretty clunky to me. Additionally, I noticed that I wasn't bending my right knee enough on my forward leg swing, which means that I was not getting as much power as I should. I'm going to have to rethink what I am doing, and figure out a way to adjust to make that fluidity I've been imagining into a reality. Oy.

I didn't sleep well last night, so after I fed the cat at 4, I went back to bed instead of out the door, and I slept better for another hour. So it goes.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning all!!  I discovered yesterday afternoon that we'd moved up quartet rehearsal to last night, due to one of our singers going on vacation.  So I had to skip dinner and head to quartet rehearsal after work, then eat when I got home, making for a very late night for Hope'sMom.  I'm a little groggy today.  However, since I'd been off for a week, and yesterday jumped back in with yoga, biking, and walking, I slept REALLY well!!  DH even got up and shut the windows and turned on the AC, and I had no idea.

Yoga and biking done this morning, walk later.  I suspect I will sleep well again tonight!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Mmm, tacos!!  Now I'm hungry ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

I saw a quick video clip of me approaching the finish line at Sunday's race, and didn't like what I saw at all.

I have no doubt if I saw a video of me walking or running, it'd force me to quit right then and there. 

Surly - Nice anonymous pic!!  How can we be certain it's you?

{{Henry's Knee}}

I got in an hour of core/ST this a.m.  I'm working my butt off at this strength training thing and not seeing much of a difference.  I can feel a difference, but I should would like to see one, too.  Especially in the "winged" arm area. 

Image result for funny flabby triceps

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Thanks, Tammy.  I was going to start us out after my run but I was behind schedule, so I counted on someone else to do it!    3.2 miles this morning- felt really tough.  I'm really slowing down, but it's still H & H.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

...mornin'......

......94-degrees,

but mild breeze.....

so

not exactly'' DogDays''

(which,

in The South,

means you see a dog chasing a cat..........and they're both walking)

......70-min RC at soccerfields......

Good Running to Ya...................hydrate.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Henrun

So sorry to hear this Henry!!!!  Have you run the cortisone course on that knee?  I sure hope you can avoid another surgery!!!!

First problem in over 2.5 years. Haven’t consulted an ortho yet. Hoping conservative treatment will take care of it.

mrrun

15 miles biking with GD2 - her longest ever.  We had matching Ben & jerry’s shirts which created lots of smiles on the path. Burrito for lunch - no tacos

lots of good activity so far

marj