Masters Running

Tuesdaily, 5.15.18 (Read 35 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Monday’s workouts:
    Tramps (5 swamp-like miles with scary glassy-rock cut)
    RunnerKSA (1.1 painful miles)
    Dave59 (4 morning dew-pointy miles)
    Fatozzig (45 morning min of core/ST)
    Quickadder (6.1 swampy miles)
    Holly (30 min of weights & core)
    Tomwhite (65 min HH 3-2’s)
    PBJ (double spinneroonie & fizzie lifting)
    C-R (6.5 humid lunchtime miles)
    Bioguy (5 warm post-work miles)
    Spacityrunner (4.3 Hot Springs Mountain miles with the trail gang in H&H)
    Twocat (1 hr in the gym)
    Mike (9 miles, including 2X3 at fast ‘strength’ pace)
    Falconfixer (relatively pain-free 5 morning miles at 8:45 pace)
    Tet (5 running miles)

Pretty scary cut, Tramps. I’m glad it wasn’t worse.

KSA - celebrate what you’ve accomplished, heal up, start afresh. And/or what Tet said.

Sorry I missed “Dance Like A Chicken Day.” Not really.

So sorry, Fattozzig - such a senseless loss.

Quickadder, i suspect the cedar oil is more intense than the trees, but I also suppose that swatting makes for more of a full-body workout, so keep up the good work.

Hi PBJ!

Who all is planning on being in Rehoboth Beach in December? I could maybe do the half…

Running after dental work is impressive, C-R.

I hope the flood waters recede without damage, Mariposai.

Quite the family beagle adventure, Steve.

I went 7.1 RW fartlek miles in 55° temps this morning, but without any real speed, despite some effort. I rarely do well after a day off, so at least I'm consistent in that regard. I smelled my first skunk of the season, and had to take a wild turkey detour, so it was an interesting workout in a few regards.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

Gym day this morning. 2 treadmill warm-up miles and then weights.

Now I am stuck at work dealing with idiots. (Who are probably thinking the same of me.)

On Facebook this morning, one of my cousins, who is just 3-4 years older than me, posted a picture of her new great granddaughter.  I've really been feeling old lately and that news did not help.

Thanks, Jay.

Tet- it isn’t the 13 minute pace that bothered me at all.  It’s the fact that it is too painful to make sense to do it.  If I could run a 13 or 14 minute mile and have it feel bearable, I would do it.  When it hurts that much it just simply isn’t good for it.

So- 1045 days it is!   My husband and I walked down the hill and back for a 1.25 mile walk.  I’ll do some water running and snorkeling later.

This place is gorgeous, but the running - especially at this end of the island- is close to impossible.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Quickadder

5.5 early morning swampy miles with DD. That took my current streak to 4 days, which is almost a PB. Puts KSA's 1045 days in perspective.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

TammyinGP

Hi All!

Last night was an Awards night for JCF (Josephine County Foundation - the student led non profit that David has been a part of for 4 yrs). Lots of great speaking by the students who lead various community service projects - like the free Vision Clinic, LifeJacket stations on some of the parks along the river - where you can use the free life jackets to prevent drowning), the Anti-Bullying campaign, Guatemala project, etc. just to name a few.  It's also a presentation of scholarships for some of the seniors and we were thrilled that David was the recipient of the largest award (10K).  He also received Student of the Year for his 4 yrs of distinguished service. It was a very good night. Tomorrow night is another scholarship night at the High School. His hard work is definitely paying off. 

Will run after work this afternoon. Tstorms and lightening moving in later today, so hoping it holds off at least until I get in my run.

eta: a pic from last night. On the left is the Exec Board Director of JCF, David, and then his FBLA advisor/board member of JCF/teacher/first coach when david was 6 playing kinder soccer/my relay buddy who normally wears clown or caveman costumes, etc. 

Image may contain: 3 people, including David Moore, people smiling, people standing

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Tammy - great looking kid!

Just 3 miles for me this morning - ran out of time.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

I’ll do some water running and snorkeling later.

So the streak continues...

...KSA//......actually PoolRunning is great re-hab........

============

...for me it's just ''hab''.......

.........88-degrees.......

...2-hours gloff walking

and

30-min PoolRunning

done seperately

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tammy - Congrats to David! $10k - Woot woot!! That'll help ease some of the pain.

Jay - A number of years ago I was cruising down the road predawn when I saw something up ahead.  At first I thought it was like a doll's chair, then I realized it was a skunk with its tail up wandering my direction.  I think I left marks on the road from making a hard U-turn.

KSA - Incredible streak, but good you know when to say when to avoid unrepairable damage.

Posie - Praying the flood waters recede soon and fast.

The Wilsonater and The Hub coaxed me into staying in bed this a.m.  (Wilson likes to curl up under the covers.)  I'll get my mileage in after work.

Took Mr Mr to the vet this a.m. and, as I suspected, he needs a tooth pulled.  *sigh*  Cost, with cleaning, will be approximately $480.  . . . . and he was free, right??  Poor Mr. On a fun note, he rarely ever meows, so the fact he was fairly vocal on the drive to the vet was - well, not fun, but it was nice to hear his voice. 

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Love the picture, Tammy.  What a cutie!  Smart, too!

I know pool running is good, but it’s so horrifyingly boring.  I’m done it over the years.  I really only have access to an outdoor pool right now at home.  We’ll see.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

evanflein

Tammy, congrats on David's success with the scholarships and overall achievements in high school. He's a great kid, and obviously has supportive parents.

Poor Mr. Mr. kitty. He's the orange one, right? Or is that Chico? I know Wilson is black... Hard to keep up with Fatozzig's cat-babies. Hope he's ok. Abby ended up having so many teeth pulled and then got an infection and never seemed to fully bounce back from that.

Jay, as for Rehoboth Beach, I think so far it's Quickadder, Holly and me. It's in early December so I hope others decide to join us!

RunnerKSA, I have always said that the most important thing about a streak is that you own it and don't let it own you. I've seen some people do some pretty downright stupid things just to keep a streak going. Glad to hear it sounds like you're not in that group. And yeah, I did a LOT of pool running while I was in recovery mode, and sometimes I wonder if it really did me much good. I feel like I'm starting at square one with getting my running fitness back.

5.2 sunny miles this afternoon. Got out before the big dark clouds rolled in and turned on the gloom.

Quickadder

Jay, as for Rehoboth Beach, I think so far it's Quickadder, Holly and me. It's in early December so I hope others decide to join us!

Sorry, but there must be some mistaken identity. I even had to look up where Rehoboth Beach is located. I would love to attend a meet, but likely would need to be in the Houston, Dallas, New Orleans triangle. Anyone looking at the Louisiana Marathon in Baton Rouge in January?

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

5.1 @ 8:02

I was limping a bit when I started, probably more out of muscle memory from walking in a way where I pick up my leg just at the cusp of achilles pain. Hip also hurt. After 400-500 meters things seemed to warm up and not more limping or hip pain, but achilles did ache most of the way. More sometimes than others; I thought that maybe I should turn around but then I looked at my watch and I was going a bit too fast...like 7:10 when I wanted to be going slower than 8:30. slowed down and the ache reduced. All this not-running is an effective taper!

Congrats Tammy! You launched off a good one!

leslie; it's funny how cat/dog dental cleaning costs so much more than human cleaning, right? I've forgone a cleaning just because I had to pay for my dog's instead.

also, a guy in my Masters Milers facebook group is at 2557 consecutive days of a mile or more. But, he's a 45 y/o guy who run 4:20-something miles.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, slept in this morning so ran at lunch.  I think we skipped spring, or it was very short.  Mid-80s and foretaste of the humidity to come.  Also, for the first time in a while, I did intervals.  Decided to do 6 to 8 x 400m intervals with 200m recoveries.  Went a bit better than I thought.  I figured 1:45s--and would have been happy; wound up with 8 and averaged 1:39.  6.4 miles total.

RunnerKSA, sorry about the streak but glad you have the discipline to listen to your body.  I'm in the "done some crazy (ok, stupid) stuff to keep a streak going but those generally involved either time of day or location.  I hope you heal quickly.

Tammy, congratulations to your son!  And like that he's rockin' the bow tie!

Have a great night everyone!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'm in the "done some crazy (ok, stupid) stuff to keep a streak going but those generally involved either time of day or location.

Neat.

However, for those of us who've never done anything stupid,

what are some of your good ones and how far have you gotten?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)