Masters Running

Weaver Basin 50k RR (Read 28 times)

If you're interested, here's the report.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Tramps

Wow, very nice report.  You were tough to stick this out to the end.

"When even the aid station workers are gone, you know you’re alone."

That ought to be on a T-shirt.

Be safe. Be kind.

WOW - you are a toughie!!  Great job!!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Wow!  I was on the edge of my seat the whole time...I thought for sure you were going to die...I'll bet you did, too.  Very nicely written.  And, yes, you are one tough lady.  You ran for 8 hours and 45 minutes!  Wow!

WOW, tough, you are soooo tough!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Great report fatozzig.  What a testimony to your toughness and determination.  Congratulations.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

No time yet, but will read soon....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

I waited for the perfect slow night to read this and I am so glad I did so. You are so strong!

Congrats for finishing this race! I would have given up!

You have my deepest admiration!

Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

You are one tough cookie, Leslie. Bet you name your next adopted pet "Alex" Big grin

TammyinGP

I am glad I waited until I had the time to savor every word of your report!

You are mentally so incredibly tough! Way to go on toughing it out, digging deep, and persevering!

Tammy

Thanks for all your wonderful comments, folks.  They're very much appreciated.

I've been talking to my coach about my nutrition issues - on and off the trails - and that's something we're going to work hard on over the next few months.

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay - I finally had the time to sit down to read this.  I wanted to wait for a time when I was not hurried, when I could savor it, because you really know how to tell a tale and take us with you on the journey.  And it was worth waiting for.  What a tough race!  And I know just the demons you are talking about.  My last 50K several weeks ago was my very toughest, and I felt many of the things you did here.  I don't know if it was the toughest course, or just that I wasn't trained enough, or hydrated enough, or the fact that I didn't eat correctly the day before, but I totally know what you mean about feeling like the last overcooked potato...But you persevered, stayed the course, didn't let your demons win, and you FINISHED!  Well done!  Very cool award, too.  Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thanks, Holly.  And I got my award in the mail today.  Turns out I could get any pair of shoes on this one part of the KEEN web site, so I ordered a $170 pair of "dress" boots.  Sweet!

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance