Masters Running

April 20--- Marathon Monday runs, spectating, and work out fun (Read 625 times)

Good Morning and Happy Patriot’s Day! If you like Boston teams, this past weekend was a keeper and now we come to Monday and the 113th running of the Boston Marathon…let’s get it rolling! DG----you can start the daily every day! Your post at the end of yesterday’s daily thread made me chuckle and your excitement is contagious (SRL you made me laugh too----indeed Amy looks about 30 especially in person) Okay! I ran two miles at 5:00 am since I couldn’t sleep. We’ll drive out to mile 13.5 in an hour with our spreadsheet of times when all the different groups pass and various gels and Gus for my running buddies. We want to see all the groups go by starting with Ernst Van Dyk from South Africa going for his 8th Boston win----his powerful arms get him to the finish line in 90 minutes. I put on a fresh pot of coffee and set out some mugs for the rest of you……have a great day whatever your plans might contain! Go Boston Marathoners !!!! GO!!!!!!
    dg.

Thanks Karin! Have fun today. 90 minutes??? I like they way you said it. Go Boston Marathoners !!!! GO!!!!!! Oh good. More coffee Smile

Renee the dog

I already have my 'puter up and running and have told the kids we're not doing much other than watching the marathon this morning! Just have to hook it into the big screen. Rest day for me -- just yoga, foam roller, the thighmaster and stretching. Easy to sprinkle in over the day and the kids "help" me with all of them. Big grin CNY, you make a darn good cup of coffee!!!! Thanks. GO MASTERS RUNNERS!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Woo hoo!! It's time!!! Told my boss that work would be periodically interrupted today by checking in to see how all our RA friends were doing. I'm going to check the weather forecast now. 4 miles for me this morning (why is it so very hard to run on a dreadmill?) with some core work. Good runs and good luck to all our Bostoners!! Oh yeah, Karin- thanks for the coffee!
          Tramps

Francesca-- Shocked At last, you get a perfect day of weather; you deserve it! Awesome. There will be details, right? SR & Tet—woo hoo! “Rambling Rose”---hey, I like that! And, no, there is no such thing as overposting. Good thing Boston runners don't have our weather today. It's pouring out there; has been for hours and is forecast to do so most of the day. Got up and got a little work done instead of running so I can take some time to watch the big race. From yesterday's thread, in case you missed it: busiman - Craig Macfarlane: 2655 bhearn - Bob Hearn: 3523 ksrunr - John McAllister: 4061 barefoot Rick - Rick Roeber: 14454 evanflein - Erika Van Flein: 15758 rtravers - Robin Travers: 17463 Peter - Peter Balletta: 17925 tagrunner: 18106 Mustang Sally - Katherine Brown: 18135 GGPRunner - Kerry Koller: 19965 Dove - Marilou Russell: 20519 henrun - Henry Wolstat: 24025 marj - Marjorie Radin: 24026 Aamos –9971 predawnrunner -20969 WillRunForBeer - 13942 Patriotsr1 SueT48 Barefoot Rick mainerunnah ETA: Manly ((((Perch))))

Be safe. Be kind.

Could someone repost the site for tracking our Boston friends? I wrote it down but left it at home. Thanks!
              Slo

Good Morning runners Thanks for the list Tramps. I hit the pool for a truely crappy workout today. No drive, no motivation........Yesterday I was so looking forward to going to the pool since I hadn't swam in a week......This morning I just didn't have it. This week may be a mixed bag.......ugly schedules.......May have to step out of my routine to hit my training goals. K.....Best be gettin to work !
                  I will be traveling during the race so alas I will have to catch up tomorrow. Looking at the weather forecast it appears it will be a phenomenal day for the race! Cool with a little sun at the start. It is going to be a fast, fast day for all! Good luck RA Masters!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

dg.

Could someone repost the site for tracking our Boston friends? I wrote it down but left it at home. Thanks!
                    http://www.bostonmarathon.org/2009/cf/Public/TrackingIndividual.cfm?mode=multiple Smile Twocat... two bad. Caroline.. hope your weather gets better soon. Tramps... thanks. and, good idea. ((((Perch)))) & ((((Twocat))))
                      Looking forward to all the great race reports... Ran 7 miles yesterday in pleasant weather. I wasn't sure how my ankle would take it, but today it feels pretty good. Never 100%, but pretty good. I'm pleased at completing this long of a run w/o dropping off of my pace...slow but steady. I'm not sure when I'll stop being intimidated by the distance some of you run when 7 miles seems like looong ways to me. My DS (12 yrs) has taken to asking me how far I run each day. His reply is usually the same..."you're crazy". He makes me laugh. Later, Janet
                      Mariposai

I am so excited for our Boston runners. I can't stand it. francesca, you are my heroine. Shocked. 50 miles in 9 hours. Purely Awesome. 2 miles of relaxing timeless walk thinking about our Boston friends. Go Boston Masters goooooooooo.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Karin, Thanks for coffee! Decaf for me. We have Tramps weather right now. I wanted to run but, the appraisor called and will be here soon. (re-finance) HAPPY BOSTON RUNNING DAY! For those of you who read about DS1's text yesterday... at 0919 this morning I received another text: I ran 2 miles again I am thrilled.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

I'm excited to hear bout our Boston runners but will be in the car until it's over. I'll check back later today to get the results. deez, I hope your mom is recovering well from her knee surgery. stumpy, nice run. Walt, I loved the pictures of your lovely daughter and am glad she's home. buehrle, it's neat your son got a run in. It looks like you've had some influence. Franc, I'm looking forward to hearing more (much more) about your 50 miler. mariposai, I enjoyed the report of your marathon. Nice long runs for SLO, Tall, Ilene, Holly, dive, breger (and speeding up the last 5 of 20), bike, Tramps, CNY, Walt, dg, hallar, eliz, and HandyMom. This morning, it was about 40°, windy, and rainy. Much as I dislike it, I opted for the TM. 8 miles at 6.2 mph (9:40 pace) and 1%. A good day and good runs for all. TomS

Marathon Maniac #3309

Does anyone have Bob's and Sue's numbers, for us to track? Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Go Boston Runners! No viewing of the marathon for me here at work, so hopefully someone will post updates here at RA. Francesca – 50 miles - you are amazing! WRFB posted some nice photos yesterday. Buehrl – very kewl. DH goes back to work today after being off 10 weeks for knee surgery. Truthfully, we’re just grateful he has a job to come back to. The husband of a couple we know lost his job in January and hasn’t been able to find another. He was the sole support of his family, with 4 small children at home, and his severance runs out in a couple weeks. Sad 3.25 miles for me on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."