Masters Running

Wednesday, 3.2.16 (Read 40 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Wow - a lot going on here yesterday, even some running! I wish I had time to comment on it all but, sadly, I don't.

I signed up for the Watertown race on 4/17 yesterday so I can race with Aamos for the first 30 seconds or so till she leaves me in her dust. I also hope to see many of the usual and local (and maybe some out-of-town) suspects there.

We have a half marathon race committee meeting today, the first with this year's beneficiary (you remember - a local food pantry). This is always a good, energizing meeting.

I helped a little bit, but DW did most of the heavy lifting in updating our website with unbiased information about all of our town's warrant articles ahead of next week's Town Meeting:  http://intheknowhampton.org/

No workout today. I understand it is against the law to workout in the rain...

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Slo

Out for 10.9 in a brisk 12 degrees this morning. Forecast is for 3 - 6" of snow tonight

March has made it's entrance as a Lion here in our parts...and others as well. There's a new tornado season...winter.

DW and I are heading to Columbia MO for the weekend to visit DS. I hate to admit it but I'm more anxious to meet his new Beagle puppy than anything else. I grew up having beagles. They really love people...but I just can't see one in a condo so we'll see how that goes for him.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

The Argyle Sweater

This is obviously not our over 50's. 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Awk Kevin! I was just going to have breakfast!

Cold and snowy here too. 5.5 miles on the dreadmill and 30 minutes of weights and core.

Spring is coming, or so they tell me! Hang in there everyone.

Kevin - that is hilarious!

Okay - a rainy walk with LW followed by a rainy run followed by a delicious hot cuppa joe.

Contemplating Watertown - it is the day after John's celebration an I have some folks coming from out of town, so maybe they should run a 5K instead of expecting me to make them breakfast?

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

...stumpy//...........love it........

RANT ON-

2-hours on the phone (3-seperate times) with people whose accents I could NOT understand

followed by

a ''Trouble Getting"" (yep, I asked her 3-times and she said ''Trouble Getting'')  house call tomorrow

conveniently scheduled for between 8-5

or to quote a Famous Runner (Lilly Tomlin)

''We Don't have to care, We're the Phone Company''

RANT OFF-

=================

so,RestDay

ps.........aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhh

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

At least you got your HR and BP up for a while.  Doesn't that count as a work out?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

At least you got your HR and BP up for a while.  Doesn't that count as a work out?

2Kitty - Thanks for the giggle with your post yesterday.

Enke - If you're serious about finding out how to get heroin, come on down to Eureka.  Not a problem at all!

Starr - How'd the caucusing go last night?

I did as I promised myself I would, and as soon as I met with a client and finished up a deed, I left work yesterday around 10:30, went home, and vegged on the couch the rest of the day.  It felt really good.  I haven't spent a day doing nothing in a long time.  This morning I was still feeling pooped, so after I fed the Zoo Crew, I went back to bed for another hour instead of doing my stat biking and woke up feeling a little more refreshed.

Enjoy Wednesday, friends ~~

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Almost like cheating to get five, dry cyclemute miles
                    in the sunshine after the last couple of rainy

and windy days.  yippee. .

so I can race with Aamos for the first 30 seconds or so till she leaves me in her dust.

ps jay - based on a number of races with the graceful goddess back in the days when I could actually run, maybe better make that a second or two, or less, . . . and hope there are a couple of the hug-worthy out-and-backs we’re blessed with in the Seattle Marathon.

pps stumps - i liked it too but thought it was about lioness's

BF neil Weygandt or someone closing in on 50 consecutive BM's.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

''At least you got your HR and BP up for a while.  Doesn't that count as a work out? ''

.......if that was the case I could compete in the Cross-Fit Games........

===========

after talking

to TWO more phone persons (bringing total up to 6)

turns out

they don't need me to stay home tomorrow,

they also

didn't know what ''Trouble  Getting'' meant

so

60-min HH Striding (my New Term)  to Celebrate

and a PoolRun tomorrow

Life is Good

.....................................good running guys...............Wishing You Negative Trouble Getting......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Hi folks! I could make it to Watertown, SD on 4/17 but don't think anything is going on there. Have a greta get-together. tomwhite, it sounds like you already got trouble. Enjoy the workout. stumpy - too funny. I don't like to stretch in public. Good for you, LaTortuga, but twocat's gonna hear about the rain.

Super Tuesday and the caucus is over. It would have been a tie had we not brought DD along to vote. We waited nearly a half hour to get inside the town hall that used to be a two-room schoolhouse. It was packed with almost 200 people - we actually doubled the size of Leota for a little while.   I understand that it was the largest turnout ever. We did not stick around to actually vote for the delegates who go to convention. I was kind of antsy to get out of there....Some of those people skipped their shower yesterday and maybe the day before that!

My “T-time” to go from work to running was 15:00, not bad.  I love to run on the bike path which is cleared of snow better than most streets. It’s only a half mile from my house, too.  3 chilly (17°, feels like 0°Wink, sunny miles in 36:53. Splits were 11:54-12:33-12:26 - super happy with that 12:18 pace since Saturday’s was 13:17. I sure do have a long ways to go; started Week 1 of my 12 week training plan for Green Bay.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

No run but BBB to work.  Passed a guy on a mountain bike today so maybe I am getting stronger.

Will bike with MBE after work to his place for date night.  MBE wiped out yesterday on his bike commute - the weather was really nasty around quitting time - strong wind gusts and hail and rain and a few rainbows to make it interesting.  A gust almost tossed me and Gigi into a curb.  Running is safer.  I need to run.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

A gust almost tossed me and Gigi into a curb.  Running is safer.  I need to run.

I've always known that I and anybody who happens to be in my path is safer if I'm running or have my bike on its trainer.  Agility is not my forte. 

This election season is actually interesting, although I am weary of the practically 24/7 new casts on the subject. Without getting into any political commentary, needless to say, Trump has surprised the carp out of the establishment who thought he would be a flash in the pan.

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

StarrRuns is right. La Tortuga walking a dog in the rain gets a free dog gotta go out pass. But as to running, that is a clear rule violation, "No running in the rain!"©

I would report something interesting, but I got nothin'. Left for work at 7:30, returned home at 6:50. Now to collapse. Well, one little thing, recruiting season for the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club is starting up! This will be the 10th anniversary team! Mark your calendars for September 16 and 17! We leave for the starting line on Thursday 9/15. Run, well mostly ride in a van, for 200 miles. Get to the beach, celebrate and go home. In between we have a great time! If you want several days of nonstop laughter and camaraderie this is THE team! Plus, we have the BEST custom team shirts. I should know, I design them!  Plus, new this year, well it is a surprise but it is I think going to be a really cool addition to the team's swag bag!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Howdie my friends. Post marathon recovery is going very well here. Yoga at home after work is right what I needed to loosen up the tight muscles.

An update on Deez4boys' son . Here is what she posted on Facebook:

appreciated and gives us strength!! Today is a stable day - meaning a few slight improvements in blood work and vital signs but no major changes. Infectious Disease feels this is all viral related from the flu so antibiotics are stopped for now. The plan is to keep him heavily sedated throughout today and tonight then tomorrow start a breathing trial. My church family is having a prayer service tomorrow night 7:30p at St Williams for anyone interested.
                                Thank you all

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard