Masters Running

Good day, gone really bad... (Read 553 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

I hate this, I really hate posting this as I am a positive guy...feel like I suck now as a person. I freaking got fired from my job today which I cherished, and treated as if it were my own place. I don't even know what time it is, and I have tears streaming down my face right now...tears of dread and gloom. Sorry ok my friends. I did not miss a day of work in the 3.5 years I worked there - never took a vacation day - never a sick day - never complained or whined about anything (I worked sick - and when I had stuff I really had to do...I worked - came into work after I hit a car head on while cycling) Then there was this consultant guy, that the owner hired to make the dealership more profitable in todays hard times...I get that. But my body shop I managed was making money and I really really didn't get it. The consultant guy said it was time for a new direction...from what I thought. My shop is / was the top producing shop in Indiana and the surrounding areas....hands down as that is what I am good at. You may say Tim, brighter and better days are before you...no, not where I live where un-employment is at like 20% right now. 10 to 15 years ago I would have laughed and said...I already have a new job. It is not that way now what so ever and I feel like I got sucker punched by a big bully. Dedication and hard work seems to matter very little right now. I am a very good and smart guy who got screwed, and the real owner doesn't really know what just hit him...but he will. Seattle does not seem too feasable right now given my plight. But I will continue on with my training and will run a Marathon on my own in June...I will ya know. Wish this did not happen, as I was looking forward to meeting sooo many RA people at Seattle. But my X took me for all it was worth. I paid more in child support than any man I know...(tears) I adore and love my Katie, Timmy, and Joey though. My X didn't care about anyone but herself...and I paid big time. I left with the shoes on my feet, and that was about it. My 401K was gone - my retirement was gone...as everything was gone. As she left me for someone else, who she had already bleed dry and divorced. I am just mad at myself for being a good guy...good guys finish last ya know. I am sure this will be my last post at RA for awhile. But I will still be running and checking in with you all. I am still Marathon training and will run the distance. Monday morning...what am I going to do. All I really want to do is go to work and help who I am working for make money. I feel so sad for my techs, my dear friends who I take care of. Your running buddie Tim....wish I had something funny to say, I really don't Wave run in the morning, prolly faster than I should. Hope my boss sleeps good tonight. Tears Tim My, how did I get here??? Erika, take my money and help someone else ok. Make sure someone else can run Seattle and NOT worry about the cost of the house....please, thanks sweetie. Sorry if this is a mess...cause I am I didn't get let go, laid off....I got fired I am so bummed

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TomD

Tim, Sorry about what happened to you. Very sorry for you. Something similar happened to me in 1987. I worked at a shipyard in Southern California. It was the best job I ever had. I was there for over 9 years. I was let go with many others as my company was declaring bankruptcy. What I did was moved back to my roots and family in southeast Nebraska. I got job for a faction of the wages I made at the shipyards. Luckily for me I did not carry much debt, since I did not take my vacation like you I had quite a bit of money coming, so I was able to survive at much different lifestyle though. I never had children or a wife that left me for someone else, but I did lose a job that I cherished and an income that I have never realized again. So my experience may not be quite the same. For me my family, brothers and sisters really helped. Good Luck to you an your future. It may not seem like it now, but God may have a plan for you that will work out for the best. If I had stayed in California, I work never experienced the Love of my life, Donna. For me Donna enriched my life that money will never come close to touching. My three years with her was priceless. So my lost in 1987 paid great dividends nearly 20 years later. Keep the positive thinking and something great my come your way too like my Donna did. TomD

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh Tim! How awful!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tim, this is terrible. My thoughts are with you as you deal with this latest hurdle. Good luck, my friend. TomS
          SteveP

Every part of tha sucks Tim. I know the company says it's nothing personal, however, when you blind side a guy like that and hit him in the pocket book, it is personal. I've been exactly there Tim. I rode a bicycle to work all year round and kept free weights stashed in my office. I had just changed into a suit and was cut loose. I didn't much care about the suits. Since then I've only worn them twice. At my wedding and DD#1's. How does some one carry dumb bells and a bar bell on a bicycle???? If I would not have changed carriers, I never would have me my wife.

SteveP

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

So sorry to read this Tim. My heart is heavy for you. {{{{hugs}}}

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Best of luck, Tim -- you'll get past this.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

I was so very sorry to read this Tim. However, I truly believe that all things happen for a reason although we sometimes can't figure out why. I also believe that you will get through this and will be better because of it. You really are a good guy, and I for one believe that in the end good guys finish ahead of the pack! I'll be thinking of you and keep on running, it's certainly good for the head too. Wink

King of PhotoShop

I'm sorry Tim, and as much as I know this hurts right now, you must regroup over the weekend and try to think of the positives. We will start prospecting right away, pounding the pavement for work, new resume, everything. Sooner or later, something will break, but it won't come to you. You will have to find it. Let's start thinking about the good possibilities for tomorrow and not grieve over this unfortunate action. You are a good guy and there is always a place for good people somewhere. Spareribs
                    huskydon

Tim, I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you at your work. Like you say, you worked so hard, and it just doesn't seem right. But you are a good man, and that is the most important thing, and that is what counts in the grand scheme of things. I know you are bummed, but I do hope you will write again so we know how you are. Take care.
                        "feel like I suck now as a person." Oh no! This does not reflect you as a person at all. You are one of the most supportive people on this board! Dont leave us. Best of luck. God has chosen a newer direction for you. I hope you find it and run (literally and figuratively) with it! Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Tramps

I’m sorry to hear this, Tim. Capitalism’s never been about fairness. There’s nothing new about that but lots of people are learning it the hard way these days. Sounds like you are powerless to change the situation but you do have the power to control your response to it. You’ve got skills, experience, and guts and you’ll regroup and find a way to move on. Best of luck to you.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Thanks all... I didn't sleep last night at all, and I feel horrible this morning. I feel numb and really down about myself. I understand people saying I will be fine - a new opportunity will come my way and such. Sadly, where I live and how really bad it is I will not find work what so ever right now...not even a low paying job doing something totally different. They showed a picture of our unemployment office in the paper last week, and the lines of people wrapped around the building many times....6 to 8 hour wait just to get in the building. And the Governor of the state said the unemployment money is almost gone and many will lose - or not get the benefits at all. I wanted to add that Indiana is a fire at will state. Which means an employer does NOT have to have a reason what so ever to fire someone...I feel this is terribly wrong that I have NO recourse what so ever, NONE. I was in a room of four people when this happened yesterday. I was crying as I heard the news and I asked....what did I do wrong, I asked them to name something I was doing wrong. The room was silent and no one would say a word. This was just strange because this just wasn't how the owner did things. He always seemed like a great guy and he told me I was doing a remarkable job ALL THE TIME. Heck, just last week he put his arm around me and patted me on the back and said...I want to thank you for your good efforts and work ethic. He then said he didn't really believe a body shop really could be proffitable and that I proved him wrong. But something happened with this consultant guy that changed everything. When I got fired the consultant guy told the owner some bold face lies about me the hurt me very deeply because - while not perfect - I did well at what I did and was very good with people and my resonsibilites. There are going to be a lot of my co workers on Monday that will say....Tim, our Tim of all people got fired. Oh well, I really don't know what to do really. I am just going to hate waking up Monday morning with no job to go to. At my age, and what my X did to me finacially, no jobs at all around here....I really worry about myself. Sorry, just venting as I really don't have any family at all to talk to, and not that many friends that I talk to that much....many of my good friends were my co workers. And the rest are married guys and gals, and I know they have their own lives and problems to deal with. Don't know if date night is still on tonight, as she has not answered me the past couple of days. Ok, off on a run and don't have a clue what it well be...I won't quit running though. Just think, yesterday I posted very positive thoughts about me and my job and dealership...then this happens RA people are the greatest...thanks Tom, I still think of you, and your Dear Donna all the time. I would give anything to experience what you two had together again in my own life. Another BIG disapointment is the Seattle Marathon. That I worked very hard for and my training was going so well (sigh). I just can't justify spending the money going that far away right now. Sad Tim...hate saying that

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Sad to hear about your set back Sad When life gives you lemons try to make lemonade. Keep thinking positive and hopefully you'll find something that's even better than the old job. Maybe you can even take a vacation. Smile I've never been without a job or laid off so it's a little hard to imagine. My DS 25 was laid off for 6 months, company said his job was done away with. He went back last week, to the same job, as a new employee for $3.50 per hour less pay. He started working there part-time in HS and then was full-time for 6 years. Confused Best wishes Tim

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Tim, I am thinking of you and what you are going thru. You will overcome, never quit Over the last two years, my life has been well (not the greatest) but this too shall past. Take the time to let all this sink in and let your emotions loose and then "plan". It's just like training, set some goals and go for them, without setting goals they are near impossible to achieve. You know you can contact me anytime bud, feel free to do so. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently