Masters Running

Tuesday Wakey Wakey (Read 34 times)

Good morning friends!!

7.6 miles this morning - thank goodness I made a running commitment with a friend or I would have stayed in bed under the covers!! Boy was it a chilly morning - I am so not ready for winter temps!! We each ran about 2 miles from our houses before we met then I picked up my pace for 3 (while she slowed down to my pace) then separated and ran back home. So glad I have these crazy running friends!!

Feaster Five on Thanksgiving morning is my running groups big race of the year so I'll be volunteering at the expo the next couple of days and in the VIP room race morning before running myself. Love the excitement around this race!!

Have a Terrific Tuesday my friends!!

denise

Marathon Maniac #957

Eggs and Bakey!

Deez - I know what you mean about the adjustment to cold temps.  Each year I have to try to remember what I like to wear for various temps, but I know that early in the season I wear a little more than later in the season.

I ran out of time this morning, making advance preparations for tonight's dinner, so I only had time for 3 miles on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I guess winter is getting close.  Missed out on my quest to make it through November without breaking out the long pants.  26° at the start (and 24° when i got back  Wink made me give that up.  Bad pre-run preperation made me shorten my run just a bit--2 miles back to home and not enough time to go back out.   I think I also missed a layer while dressing--apparently same memory as Holly.

Have fun Feastering, Deez.  I need to work up my ambition and try that one of these years.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

Good Morning,

And Happy Belated Birthday, Tammy.  Sorry I didn't post--travel day, although much smoother than Econo's, sorry--glad you got home finally.

Ha!  I broke out the long pants this am as it was in the fifties.  Well, and I was just doing 3 s l o w miles due to the fact that all that elevation changing (7200 feet??) is living on in my thighs.

Yesterday, had to scrape frost off the windshield; haven't done that in quite a while!  That was Tennessee, of course.....home now.

But in keeping with the ice theme, my Turkey 5K is at the Germain Arena, home of the Florida Everblades.

Thanks for all the shout outs, y'all.    My big accomplishment was going to not one, but two rib joints with DH so he could have his own taste test.  It was his birthday trip after all.   And while Trent would probably deny it, he is one superb RD.  Underneath all the fun and games, and monkeys, the race is very organized, e.g., volunteers at every possible place you could make a wrong turn, lots of aid stations, funny signs along the course, and a lot of heart.  The pot luck at the end is fabulous.

Now comes the hard part; must brave the grocers after work to get provisions for the upcoming festivities.   No Speedsters tonight for me.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

It started just dumping around 3:30 this morning and has continued to do so off and on (it's now 8:45), but I think we've seen the worst of it until sometime this coming weekend.  Thankfully it was an indoor workout day or it would've been a fantastic excuse to stay under the covers.    So with umbrella overhead, I braved the 20 or so feet to my workout shed and did 45 min of stat biking with 5 x 1 min hard in the middle, and about 20 min of core/ST, concentrating on strengthening the glutes, hips, and abs.  My 4 months of doing almost nothing in that regard is turning out to be a bit of a problem.

Oh - Also did 45 min of core/ST last night.  The Hub tried to talk me out of it and to just get into my PJ's and relax, but I stayed strong, told him he was a bad influence, and went out to the shed and did my thang.  Kudos to me! 

*sniff sniff* I watched my last episode of Downton Abbey this morning.   I guess there's one season left - this season?  I'll have to wait until my buddy buys it on CD and sends it to me.  Now what am I gonna watch the mornings when my butt is chained to the bike???  *sniff*

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Rainy, chilly (37-degrees) 5-mile cycle commute

with tights (actually black lj's), gloves and ear bz.

I guess it'll be lousy enough weather to warrant

signing up for the Seattle Marathon after all, . . .
              albeit walker division for the first time.

That'll be hard to swallow but it's true. .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

...ironically, now that aamos left, Tennessee is Warming Up again........

I'm just sayin's'all

==============

50's today

.......20-min elliptical

40-min poolrun, no belt, closed fists, ran shallows

off to see Claire and DD2 tomorrow, check in Sunday

...............good running guys...........Drive Safely

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Sayhey! MM#130

I might have to come back and getcha for that remark, tw.......

......................................once my legs stop feeling as if monkeys bit them.....but in a good way.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

This morning, it was about 30° and there was a light wind.  I got in 6 miles at a 10:58 pace.

Tomorrow we're off to our son's to have thankgiving dinner with our family.  The kids will have thanksgiving again on Thursday with their respective in laws.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mariposai

This morning it was snowing when I woke up, so I did one of my favorite thing to do when it is snowing...go running.

The snow was heavy, but the run was fun-tastic. Seven smile miles for my wings.

Deez4boys, it is so great to see pictures of your adventures recently.

IS Holly already having Thanksgiving dinner tonight?

Aamos, atagirl...two Ribs joint in one trip! Way to go.

I was tempted to sign up for Seattle's marathon. I am glad I did not.

How is your turkey preparation coming along?

Cheers,

Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Just 4 miles, tonight.

I do have one very important question before I go...is there a way for a monkey bite to feel good?

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

evanflein

No turkey preparation here. We made reservations for Thanksgiving!

6.1 brisk miles this morning and it was cooler than it's been so far, at 68°. The nicest thing is the humidity seemed much better which was a big relief. Then we went to three different beaches on the east side looking for nice weather, and found clouds, wind and sprinkles! Oh, poor us, right? Retrieved MIL from the airport and came back to the condo. Now the kids are all napping and we'll make dinner in a couple hours. Might stroll Poipu Beach again though.

We're almost all here! DS2's GF comes in tomorrow afternoon. She had classes all week so will be the last to arrive. We're gonna need a bigger vehicle....

SteveP

At work, the computers were down half of yesterday and today. Bleah. There was simply an insane amount of freaking out. Buckle up and get through it. Dot your "I"s (by hand) and cross your "T"s (also by hand).

When the system finally came back up:

Really? Really?

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

I guess it'll be lousy enough weather to warrant

signing up for the Seattle Marathon after all, . . .
                              albeit walker division for the first time.

That'll be hard to swallow but it's true. .

It's still a marathon, no matter what the pace.  Good luck!

Steve - we always knew that about you...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."