Masters Running

Sunmart pre-race report: Mojo, vibes, prayers, and hugs needed (Read 330 times)

xor

(Like my race reports, this is cross posted with the general forum's Racing area. I do that because most of you don't seem to venture out. I hope that's ok because in this case, I need help.) I've completed 3 50 milers in the past two years. I didn't like any of them, really, and they beat me up. The first one I went out way too fast (MP is a bad way to start a 50 miler) and I learned that nutrition and digestion work differently over a long day. The second one took place on a 90-95 degree day. The third one, well, the third one was White River and it was just crazy. Anyway. I showed up this morning at packet pickup for the Sunmart 50k. Except that for some dumb reason (or by mistake), I'm actually registered for the 50 miler. I could use some positive energy. Please send me some. Image and video hosting by TinyPic (That's me on the right at #2, officially a 12 hour race. I'm glowing because I'm in that light you see when you are on death's door. The other dude is barefoot jon... tetsujin... he ran it in those flipflops. He also graciously sent me this picture after he dragged me away from the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse)

#artbydmcbride

Smile Good vibes heading your way>>>~~*~~*~~*~~* srlopez *~~*~~*~~<good vibes heading your way! vibes="" heading="" your=""></good vibes heading your way!>

Runners run

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Oh, my gosh. "50 miles" doesn't even register in my little pea brain. I will be praying for you! Shocked

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Maybe one of the goddesses can come down too and pace you through the long lonely evening darkness. Are there any hidden mountains like innocuous-sounding white river too? either way, do your best to ultra-pace it, maybe even walking ever ten minutes from the very beginning to moderate your usual supersonic starts.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Good luck, Robert. I'm sure you'll pull it off just fine. Don't go out too fast on this one, ok?
            xor

Maybe one of the goddesses can come down too and pace you through the long lonely evening darkness. Are there any hidden mountains like innocuous-sounding white river too? either way, do your best to ultra-pace it, maybe even walking ever ten minutes from the very beginning to moderate your usual supersonic starts.
              Nah, Sunmart is roly poly, but no "climbing" in White River terms. I think so, at least. See, the 50k course (which I did last year) splits off from the 50 miler, and I guess I don't officially know what's what. I do know that the place that the race is held... Huntsville State Park... has signs at the entrance warning park goers about alligators. Now, Huntsville is also the home of the Texas State Prison system... and includes, I kid you not, "The Texas State Prison Museum"... Perhaps the alligator signs are just posted to keep escaped convicts away from the park. Like shrunken heads or other talismans (talismen?). Or not. Alligators are awesome! I hope to be done about the time it gets dark. And I better be, because I forgot my flashlight.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

okay. however, sounds scary but should be fun seeing what happens along the way. let us know asap, . . . if you can. ps - keep the halo.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

when the white light comes....eat another Gu. the faster you run, the longer the race will be. you can do this. {{{you}}}

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Go for it Robert!! You made it for that 12h race....hot day...I was there too....., and White River.....where I hope to see you next July....so go for it.....just pace yourself well... I wish I were able to skip work and come run it too!!! Francesca

King of PhotoShop

You're a hero on this site. I'm happy to offer you my support. Run well and healthy. Spareribs
                      xor

and White River.....where I hope to see you next July
                        No way, Jose. Once was enough for me and White River. I bet you love it, though. It is an experience! I might do WP12 again next year though. You? SR - I am not a hero. I'm a mild mannered reporter. I also go by "SR". I declare that I shall be "sr" and you are "SR".

King of PhotoShop

SR - I am not a hero. I'm a mild mannered reporter. I also go by "SR". I declare that I shall be "sr" and you are "SR".
                          But only if you agree that I get the caps because I am loud and egotistical, and you get the lower case because your courage is always understated. Spareribs
                          Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

WP12h?..........I'll be there for sure....it is close to home... what about Mt SI? Francesca
                              Good strong positive energy flowing through you Lopez.
                              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                              xor

WP12h?..........I'll be there for sure....it is close to home... what about Mt SI? Francesca
                                Nope, I'll be away that week. Which is sad because I think Wenatchee is that saturday. Nice double opportunity.