Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 6.14.17 (Read 32 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Tuesday’s workouts:
    RunnerKSA (2.6 miles on less sore & tired legs)
    Dave (at the gym)
    Stumpy (3.1 soggy shorts, shirtless miles in 73-75°Wink
    Fatozzig (3 EZ morning miles, post Hub invoicing)
    Mariposai (7.25 clear & cool miles)
    Pfriese (6.9 morning miles down to the lake & back in Seattle area)
    Holly (4.8 morning miles with H&H)
    Catwhoorg (5 sweaty swampy miles)
    Twocat (6 morning miles with TP)

StarrRuns (3 soggy shorts miles in 89° with windage and geese a swimming)

BerthaSlayer (8 hot miles with 3 Berthas)

Catwhoorg (6.5 slow, hot post-work miles in 90+°Wink

Tet (5 morning miles in some weather)

Evanflein (7.5 post-work miles in 63° weather)

Nice Trillium & Pink Lady Slipper & other wild flower shots all around!

Gee, Fatozzig - invoices and cat constipation; what an interesting early morning you had.

Recovery is a process, RunnerKSA. You’ll get there.

Dave, I’ve lost posts like that before - frustrating. I sure was hoping to see a picture of your breakfast…

Congrats on the early Friday, Tammy. Have fun prepping for the weekend fun to come. You too, Pfriese.

Twocat, as your TP’s DH will learn, starting a business is always exciting. And terrifying.

Starr, Twocat organizes a phenomenal relay team for the Reach The Beach Relays in mid-September. You'd have a great time! Meanwhile, I'm glad you had your leg checked out and that it's nothing serious.

The 3-hr. meeting I went to yesterday was productive, but didn't need to be 3 hours. I played ketchup the rest of the day, and am still not there.

We're going to dinner and to see Diana Krall in concert tonight with some neighbors - should be good.

7.95 RW miles in 60° temps this morning. It was still muggy out, but not too bad, and should be drying out throughout the day. There was no sproing in my step this morning, so I just did what I could at a moderate pace, and still had a decent workout.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

3.2 miles.  Have to deal with a regulatory official from California (never a good thing) today who is paying a call to us at our corporate offices......

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Good morning Jay, RunnerKSA and all to follow. Thanks - again - for the great recaps you provide Jay! Have fun at the Diana Krall concert.

Good luck with your "regulatory guest" today RunnerKSA. Hope all goes well and he/she is in and out in a hurry.

Heavy rain and lightning here this morning at 4:45 so I went to the Y and did an hour on the elliptical, 10 minutes on the rower and 30 minutes of weights and core. I played golf with my ladies league yesterday and missed a hole-in-one on a par 3 by about 10 inches. There was a contest for closest to the pin so at least I won $10.

Today is DS#1 and DIL's 9th wedding anniversary so DH and I are watching the 3 boys so they can go out for a nice, relaxing dinner. And if you could, please keep DS#2 in your thoughts. He lost his job on Monday. This is the child who has depression issues to begin with and he's not in a good place right now.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Greetings, all.  Happy Hump Day!

3.1 lake loop miles--10° cooler and less humid was nice, but didn't help in the time category.  I'll probably rest tomorrow as DW and I are going into Relay For Life prep mode for this Friday.  I've taken the day off to help set up for many years, but this year I'm an actual participant.  One of the incentives this year is called the Half Pairathon.  You pledge to walk 13.1 miles with a partner and raise $1310 dollars.  Fortunately DW is a much better fundraiser than I, so we'll make that.  I'll probably contribute a few more of the miles

what was an ace good for, Jlynne?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Jay, thanks for starting us out and for the recaps you do.  I will have to look up Diana Krall since I have no idea who she is.  How do you get up so early and then stay up late for a concert? I was dozing even before MrStarr had supper ready last night!

Starr, glad the doc isn't concerned about your leg. How does it feel?

Some areas around here (the low-lying spots) had frost last night, with more predicted tonight. Holy carp! It was 37° at our house this morning. I just don't get this weather we're having. Keep reminding myself that yes, we did hit 90° last Friday! Today was beautifully sunny, but not real warm. It was about 63° when I went out for my run after work.

Wow, Erika, frost already? I thought our seasons changed fast here in MN. At least you had decent temps for your run after work.

My leg still hurts some when I push on it, but the bruising and swelling are mostly gone now. It doesn't hurt to run/jog at all.

Jlynne, a hole-in-one would have cost you a round of drinks, right? Nice birdie though. So sorry about DS#2, I know how much of a worry that can be for you. I will add him to my prayer list.

Stumpy, that is an ambitions fundraising goal for the Half Pairathon. The other day a customer had a tee shirt on that said “I thought it was 1.31 miles” and had a laugh.

Since I was up at Jay – thirty this morning, I started the book, The extra mile : one woman's personal journey to ultra-running greatness by Pam Reed. She grew up in the UP of Michigan and said that they had 11 months of winter and 1 month of bad sledding J. She won Badwater in 2003 & 2004.  I am sure Carolyn has heard of her. Along with being a wife, mother, athlete, and entrepreneur, she also battled anorexia for years. She has definitely pushed her body to extremes.

I put the book down at 5AM and headed out the door, ahead of the 5 at 5 group. They did catch me at 2 miles where I turned around. It was 65° and not too breezy. We had rain last night so it cooled off and thankfully, no huge storm. Even with the low temp I sure worked up a good sweat despite walking the last mile. It was a nice start to the day.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Thanks for all the kind words.  You guys make me feel so good.  And Tet - to answer your question - I'm very fortunate.  It only took 4 chemo sessions and 2 weeks of daily radiation to get rid of the lymphomas.

The only lingering issue is since Hodgkins lymphoma is considered a blood cancer, I can never give blood again.    So I'm stuck on 20 gallons.  I guess that frees up a little time.

Yesterday - fizzy lifting, spinnerooni, and 7 on the TM while watching Arrival in the cardio cinema (too sloppy hot to run outside).

Today - 5 miles planned, with 4 x 1 mile at 8:00 pace.  The "speedwork" begins...

dg.

hi....

Where have you all been???

;  )

there's just no way to slip in & not try to do some catch up,    it's like a serial novel.    will see what I can do.

so just a quick hi to try & get started again...

Jeanne there you are, I was posting again & you were gone.   I'm so sorry about your DS....

I'm still really focused on fixing my back & etc., which includes changling just about everything... a little tedious, but I think it may make a difference.   eod running, 4-5 miles.  with hills & weather.   4.62 this morning, nice day.

back to work.

wildchild

Carolyn

Howdy, masters!  I've been MIA for a while, but still running.  Have I ever mentioned how much I hate to taper?    I ran 5.5 miles today, and wished I could have run twice that far.  But alas, I have a 50k on Saturday (actually, 32 miles) so I figured I'd at least try to take it easy.

Sorry about your DS, Jeanne.  I hope he finds another job soon.

Starr, yes, I've heard of Pam, although I've never met her.

PBJ, glad to hear your cancer treatment was short and successful!

Hiya, Deegee!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 running at lunchtime

12 on the bike after work, a short ride so I could get to preschool in time to make a "craft" with DD for Father's day.

Turnout out to be a small birdhouse.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

6 hot ones (miles) again today. Not too horrible though. Heck it was enjoyable even.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Marathon Maniac #957

Have I mentioned lately how much I love you all?  Sometimes I think this forum and the wonderful people who post here keep me sane.....

Lots to say about what has been said, but no time, since DH is waiting for me to sit down and watch a Netflix show with him.

8 miles for me this morning in a light rain before the thunder boomers arrived.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Holly--you should just tell your DH he'll have to wait because you're talking to your RA friends.  Yeah...that should go over real good...

Hey there, dg.

Jlynne...I hope everything turns out for your DS.  He...and you...are in my prayers.

I ran 6 miles tonight and I even threw in a couple of sub-7's in there...but they were way harder than they should have been.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Mariposai

Have I mentioned lately how much I love you all?  Sometimes I think this forum and the wonderful people who post here keep me sane.....

Well said. I feel the same.

I had a crazy day at work today. Crazy be

Because it was filled with meetings and I got nothing done, which means, the next two days will be full of must do items.

Here is wishing fun time to the relay team this weekend. I am sure team captain Tamster will take care of you very well.

Speaking of relay team, the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club is still recruiting for team members.

I did fit in a 5 miler up Kermel grade after work today. Lovely running weather here. Not too hot, not too cold. Just the way I like it.

PBJ, great to see you here and yipieee about the successful cancer treatment.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Henrun

This forum is turning into a real love fest. Regardless, I feel much the same❤️.

Last night we were at our monthly book club composed of friends about our age. One woman asked (before the book discussion) several of us if we had any friends who were much younger than us. I talked about the forum in glowing terms.

Had a root canal this morning, so little exercise other than a couple of long walks.

Extremely quick fly-by - - -

Erika - I'll try the hairball stuff.  We have some.

Love Diana Krall

An hour of core/ST this morning . . . .  then HOLY FREAKING CRAP WHATTA DAY!!  I'm SO glad I'm outta here for the next 4 days. Wild Rogue Relay, here I come!!

See you all on the flip side ~~

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance