Masters Running

Bizz Johnson Trail Marathon (Read 203 times)

If you don't already have enough excitement in your life, you can cruise on over to my blog and read my race report at Fatozzig's Place.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Nice job Leslie. I've had those hip pains before and your description is right on target. More of an off-road race than trail race, right? I like those surfaces though, sounds like a good course.

Renee the dog

Ooohhh man! I am so thrilled for you for gutting it out! What a PITA (literally) to have an old injury recur. I think you did a fantastic job. Congratulations!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Top 'O the World!

Way to gut it out Leslie! One of these days..... Wink Yah, I'm sitting here drinking coffee again....gotta go get dressed & round up my running peeps in 10 mins....see ya on the dark side! Big grin
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
            Congrats on finishing that marathon under tough tough conditions. Your performance was gutsy.
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            SteveP

You're pretty hardcore Leslie. Your injury made me wince Surprised. Bless our donuts!! Thanks for the RR

SteveP

Thanks, everyone. And Cindy - we expect a report from you soon! (Her first marathon today Big grin)

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

yikes!! what a tough way to go the distance -- you are AMAZING for pushing through with that pain!! i've had that stop you in your tracks type of butt pain too -- it is so not nice!! congratulations on your finish and enjoy every bite of those donuts -- i heard the calories don't count if you enjoy each bite and don't regret it later!!

denise

I gotta say it...those are amazing photos on your blog!! And congrats for making it the distance. And for helping out that poor fellow. I hope you didn't do any long lasting damage to your butt/hip. (fingers crossed for ya)

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

jfa

Way to tough it out Leslie!!! Great Report!!!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

no wonder you seem to like the ultra's so much. (have you ever run anything other than trails so many of us love too?)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

wildchild

Carolyn

Great report, Leslie! I hope you didn't do any lasting damage to your hip by continuing to run after it was hurting so much. Sounds like a beautiful course - somewhere in between a road and a trail. I like running on dirt roads. About how many people run this race?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

There doesn't seem to be any permanent damage. But what a pain in the a$$ it was! Big grin Wildchild - I don't know how many started, but 442 finished and I was 419. Tet - Last November I ran the Big Sur HM, and prior to that I'd run a couple of short road races (8 miles). Other than that, everything (except my weekday training runs) is on trails. Very much preferred! Enke - The pictures - one of the reasons I love trail running so much. I get to see some absolutely beautiful country.

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance