Masters Running

Saturdaydemayo, 5.5.18 (Read 36 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Friday’s workouts:
    Tramps (warm 5 miles with some hum)
    Pfriese (EZ 9 morning miles)
    Holly (500 yards/20 pool laps + light upper body & core work)
    Dave59 (10.25 morning miles)
    Quickadder (warm & sticky 6.5 morning miles in new NB shoes)
    Mike (6 post-work miles)
    Mariposai (5 quick miles in 84° sunny weather - 10:40 pace)

Have a greta meet-up, Fatozzig, Tammy, & Wildchild - post photos!! You too, Maraposai & Tet!

I hope your FIL made out OK, Dave, and that you didn’t pass out.

Good answer, Mike.

Twocat, I saw someone cruising down the road yesterday on an elliptical bike.  Looked pretty cool.

I have to head out soon for this morning's 5K. I have a stint at our Seacoast Series table before the race, and so have to get there early. It's a hilly course and a windy day, and I had a martini and a glass of wine while we were out to dinner with a gaggle of neighbors last night, so who knows what I'll be able to do at the race this morning except have fun and maybe pass a couple of those dang runners before I finish. 

I hope your Cinco de Mayo's get off to a greta start!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Anzlo

Mike - Very interesting race report.  Despite two watch failures and a complicated course you accomplished a fantastic sub-3 run and found someone to run with for support when needed.  These type of stories are what make memories during an event more worthwhile after a long training cycle that sometimes has you asking why am I doing this?  ... Again, fantastic race.

DW and I are picking up our packets this afternoon for tomorrow's marathon.  It has both a HM and marathon with a limit of 1000 but they did not reach that and only have about 7-800 I think.  The marathon has only a little over 100 which means DW is going to be finishing nearly last most likely.  I was hoping there would be at least 200-250.  She doesn't want me running with her just the same.  My lower back has been nagging me the last three days despite my efforts to be nice to it and do easy stretching and limited lifting.  It remains to be seen if I might need to DNF part way through it.  I am glad this was not a target event/race for me.

Best of luck to all event runners and racers this weekend !

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD

...just found out this is World Naked Gardening Day.....

don't ask

=================

40-min PoolRun with letters

...........have to show up for Jury Duty Summons Monday, any suggestions??

since Pharmacists used to be exempt, I've never done this

also

since I can't be objective on-

1- drug abuse

2-break-ins

3-bad checks

I think

that only leaves Hookers and Murder

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

Trying to get back to the 40 over 40 group again.  Today I completed my 3rd 24 mile week.  Today’s 6 wasn’t bad but I keep thinking pace instead of miles.  Got a 12:01 pace and will feel like I can relax when I’m under 12 consistently, but keep racking up miles.  Smile

Bill Wagnon / stl

Quickadder

Good luck to the weekend racers.

Saturday morning group run for me. Warm & humid but managed to run 11, finishing just before the rain started.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

C-R

Hey all. Busy times. About to change jobs. Kiddo finishing first year at Purdue. ACT. SAT Track travel. Ah well first world problems.

I ran the Indy Mini (HM) today for the first time in 5 years. Great weather and forgot how much I like the course. Ran pretty well and got a finish line photo with Meb. It's on a friends phone and I might post it when I get it.

Off to get kiddo from Purdue. Today is move out day.

Have a super Cinco de Mayo

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I ran yesterday, too!  You missed me, Jay!  Smile

Norm- good luck with all of that. Can't wait to see the Meb picture.  I have one from 2010 and I love it!

Pouring rain outside and I didn't get home from the trip until about 11 pm and had trouble falling asleep.   4 treadmill miles and my leg felt almost normal.  I'm out of shape from the 1 leg running and slowness, but I got it done.

Good luck, racers.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

pfriese

I ran a 5K race over at the county seat this morning. Finished 1AG & 9OA with a 23:56.

Paul

Mariposai

I ran a 5k this morning.

Now off to Spokane to meet our sons and Tetsujin. Happy day!!!

Happy Birthday Tetsujin!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

catwhoorg

Labrat

7 miles and a bunch of yard ork done.

Time for a bit of relaxing

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Happy Birthday Tets!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

I ran a 5K race over at the county seat this morning. Finished 1AG & 9OA with a 23:56.

Paul

Sweet!

I ran 2.2 miles this morning just to loosen my legs up.  Boy do I feel fat and out of shape.  I suspect tomorrow's marathon will be quite the  slogfest.  The good news is that the weather should be very nice - forecast is 56 degrees at the start rising to 72 by noon (good grief I hope I am done by noon), and also I have a great audiobook to listen to while I am out there to keep my mind busy.

DH and I went to the expo today to pick up my packet, and it was a madhouse.  I think I used to like those giant expos, but these days the crowds make me feel claustrophobic and I just want to get my stuff and get out. I don't know how many are running the full marathon, but the total participants in the weekend Pig races is advertised to be more than 40,000.

Happy Birthday Tet!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

Happy Birthday Tet!!

C-R - Indy was my half PR - and a really fun race.

Congrats Paul & other Saturday racers and fleet feet to the Sunday crew!

marj

C-R

Best part of the race for me.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

evanflein

Wow, Paul, 9th overall! Nicely done!

Holly, I'm sure you'll do fine. That one starts really early, right? I thought it had a 7 a.m. start or something like that. I'm sure you'll do fine. Good luck!

Happy birthday, Tetsujin! Enjoy the weekend with Mariposai. That's the Bloomsday 12k, right? Yes, I could look but I'm kinda lazy.

C-R, new job? You kinda slipped that one in there...

Ran my first race of the season today and did better than expected. I've done NO speed work at all since some intervals in December. Lately, as you know, I've just been building distance (slowly) and running consecutive days. Today was a 5k that the community really turns out for so over 700 runners (pretty good size for our town). I was hoping for under 26 minutes (which is about 4 minutes off my PR, but oh well) and ended up with 25:39 and that included a couple of short walk breaks. I still feel like I have no endurance, or is it stamina? Not sure the difference, but I can't hold a fast pace more than about a mile and a half, then need to take a short break. I'll get there, just frustrating how long it takes to regain fitness. Good thing I was working out cross training the whole time I was down from running!! I did win my age group which was surprising, but a couple of the "usual suspects" in my age group weren't there today. So it goes!

The wind has really picked up here but it's still a nice day. I begged off going to commencement with my DH (he's prez of the alumni association so kind of has to go), so will spend some much needed time at home cleaning up and puttering around in the yard. I love to putter.