Masters Running

Wednesday, June 23rd Daily (Read 554 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!

I hope BregerByll had a nice birthday yesterday.    Holly, did you run the one-miler last night?   Wannabee, that is good news about your son, I hope he does okay on the driver's test too.   TomS - welcome home!    It sounds like a wonderful weekend and you deserve every minute of it!  Erika, that is a great picture. 

Brinkley and I were out for a very warm and humid run this morning.   My route is mainly due west for 2 miles and I was able to watch the lightening show as some major storms are heading our way and it is quite dark out right now.   Then on the way home the sun was rising in the east.   Kind of a cool morning to be out there.   Somehow I managed negative splits, even though I was just taking it easy in the humidity:  10:36 / 10:23 / 10:07 / 10:05 = 10:18 avg. pace - 156 avg. HR

The walleye was absolutely melt in your mouth delicious last night.   It is a boney fish, but we received them already fileted and de-boned.  DH and I each found one bone in our serving - so they did a good job.   DH says he sees me running a fish shack in my future.

One more day of heaven at work, as all the boys are gone.   I honestly don't know what I am going to do all day though, there is no work.  Sad

Happy Hump Day!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Eight miles around the Plymouth Bay Colony this morning.  A nice run.

Plymouth Rock has to be one of the most underwhelming landmarks in the US.  It's been cemented back together, is only about 4 feet wide by 8 feet long, and seems to be imprisoned in it's "shrine."  It ain't no Rock of Gibraltar. 

It's been a great time for the PBJ family (rock not withstanding).  Enjoy the day, and recapture the magic of why we run.

Dave59

Hey Hopeful.  I have my weather radar up on my screen so I can watch the storms make their way east to my neck of the woods.

I got up on time, ran 4.5 miles, did some push-ups, and will now try some 6 minute plank routine that was passed to me.  I am searching for something I can do for my abs.  That freeloading muscle group.  It has to be something that an extremely lazy person can stick too.  Something I can make into a habit.  And I hate crunch style ab workouts.  They are a killer on the low back no matter how I do them. 

Dave59

Plymouth Rock has to be one of the most underwhelming landmarks in the US. 

Some landmarks are probably meant to just go their natural way.  When I visited the Badlands recently, I read that they will be gone/eroded in half a million years or so.  That's just how it goes.

.............When I visited the Badlands recently, I read that they will be gone/eroded in half a million years or so. .....

...whew////////..........I thought it was 200,000 years..........

........there's a load off my mind.

==========

..........bumping 100 up on the plateau...................pistol shooting this morning, running trail when I get back...

It Doesn't Get

Much Better Than This.............

..............................................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Well, that was a hair-raising drive into work!    The storm was hitting just as I was driving in.   I had my wipers going full blast and still could only see a few feet in front of me and lightening all around.     I kept thinking if a tree or power line goes down, I won't know it until I'm on top of it!    I made it safely though and the sky is starting to lighten up a bit.    Watch out east siders!!

Dave59 - if you find that magic exercise, be sure to let us all know!

Sorry about Plymouth rock PBJ.   Nice family get away though.

~Mary

~unknown

I look my best blurry!

I heard that we are to get storms later tonight.  I hope they hold off until after the hometown Fireman's Fair parade!  I wan to squeeze in a few rides and some fresh cut french fries with vinegar and ketchup!  I've earned them, 15.29 mi at 8:06 pace.  Happy running everyone!

Walleye shack?  OK, I'll come!

Kristen

Dave59

Watch out east siders!!

I'm looking forward to it!  Round 2 comes in the afternoon.  I wouldn't mind losing power so I could avoid work for a while, but then I couldn't watch the World Cup.  So, what do I wish for?

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Yea, I was hoping for no power too, just at work, so I could go home.    So bored ......

Yes, wannabee, you have earned your fries!  DH likes them with vinegar too.  

~Mary

~unknown

Wow it sounds like you are getting both our major thunder boomers and our higher humidity. Today the humidity was down a bit - Temp of 81° and humidity at 63% at 6:00 AM.

I tried out my new Newton's this morning by running a short, easy 2 mile run. Strange sensation. They're sort of like running on shoes that have several lengths of tape wrapped across the soles where balls of your feet are. I got more used to them toward the end.

Newton cautions runners to run a few miles with them only 2 or 3 times a week for 2 to 3 weeks till the legs and ankles adjust to the midfoot strike that sole encourages.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

4.3 recovery-paced miles for me today (ave 10:38) in 76° and 95%.  Legs are tired from yesterday’s hill workout, but my knees are feeling better.

Mary – how do you cook your Walleye? 

BTW, the 1-mile race is tonight at 7pm, if thunderstorms don't get in the way.  I decided to go ahead and do it, but I’ll listen to my knees and try not to beat myself up for being slow.  DD is excited to be able to run it, but I haven’t broken the news to DS that I expect him to run it as well....

Roch – very nice racing pic of you yesterday!

Erika – you too!  Both feet off the ground even!

Breger - we missed your birthday yesterday?  A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Dave59 – have you watched the Swiss Ball videos?

Kristen – 15 @ 8:06 - you are fast!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Enjoy the day, and recapture the magic of why we run.

and that is my quest this summer. 

Brergarcito, how was your birthday party? Erilka, very, very cool picture. What a cool looking tri-guys that Roch is .

I hope Tall has come up with the right decision regarding moving. 

4 easy miles today. After a carefree running approach in the month of June I think I am getting ready to frame a weekly running plan now for the summer. I think I will try to run like 1:30 twice a week, include some fartlek once a week and go longish on a weekend while still trying to aim at a 40 mile week. We will see. 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

No run for me yet, maybe after work. Still trying to recover from that pesky calf injury. I have stayed away from running since last Wednesday. So far just a bike commute today.
                            Henrun

Eight miles around the Plymouth Bay Colony this morning.  A nice run.

Plymouth Rock has to be one of the most underwhelming landmarks in the US.  It's been cemented back together, is only about 4 feet wide by 8 feet long, and seems to be imprisoned in it's "shrine."  It ain't no Rock of Gibraltar. 

It's been a great time for the PBJ family (rock not withstanding).  Enjoy the day, and recapture the magic of why we run.

Ran a rapid 2 this morning. 5 miler tomorrow evening (if the expected thunder storms hold off).            

A friend of ours is visiting this summer. She had wanted to see Plymouth Rock. We suggested she pick some other historical site in Ma. rather than waste her time in Plymouth.

dg.

Mary, oh boy another hat for you to wear.

:-)

glad the PBJers are having a great time!

Holly.... ok I have to admit, I'm sort of hoping for storms.   I'm nervous about your knee.    

The storm is just starting here, which I don't mind but I hope Sadie isn't stuck in the bathtub when I get home!

Erika, Doug... really great pictures, both of you!!  

Nancy it'll be interesting seeing how this shift works out for you.     I thought about you this morning, when I noticed my raspberries which are almost ready to pick!

Berger I think it's cool you have Newtons.   Which ones?   And most important, what color?  ;-).   It took me a little while to get used to mine, even though it wasn't much of a stride shift for me... but now I wear them for almost every run.

Kristen, it sounds like all the DKs are in good hands.  Smile.

Just a little core work for me this morning, I keep trying again to add it back & not mess everything up.   Still can't do much, so I'm also trying again to remember to at least keep proper alignment & all that goes with it, more or less all day long.  But I keep forgetting. 

(((Craneium's calf)))

Where's Sue?

Hi Carolyn!