Masters Running

Tuesday 12/4/18 (Read 43 times)

SteveP

Joe618 starts the day with angelic granddaughters. I can see them on the phone but not at home. I can see about 27.49 % of the rest of the pictures.

RunnerKSA logs 2.1 morning miles on the treadmill. 3.5 lunch time trotting.

Tramps runs 3 in the AM!

Holly recovers from migraine weekend. She had 4 for Monday. Yes, it was grandkid cross training.

BTY is one day closer to retirement. It's difficult to imagine getting your work outs finished in an hour.

Milktruck to the rescue!

Jlynne supercharges through 6 TM miles plus 10 rower, 20 bike and 30 personal trainer minutes. Good grief. I did use a candy thermometer.

TammyinGP is packing her bags after 10.7 mountain miles.

Tom White dons the pool shoes for a 45 min. work out.

Coastwalker checks in after a soggy ride home.

Erika preps for a road trip to DE with a Cool Running legend.

Bioguy gets in 4.5 after he busts a stubborn nut.

Runr_nut recovers from rock and roll but leaves the hardware behind. Bummer dude. Once a year or so I like a cluster race just to feel the energy flowing through the air. Typically I'm a back woods hick and it's nice to sneak out of the natural habitat.

Falconfixer had a nice 6 miler. 5 with a co worker.

Tetsujin209 cycles through life and discusses technology issues.Who remembers using a car's odometer like a savage?

Deez4boyz races towards reading for 2.3 and then and additional 1.1 to work.

I worked the TM for 4 AM miles. Then took Taggy out for 1.21. I wanted to go down a different, 2 mile path, but the stubborn dog insisted on the shorter out and back.Our acting GM told me to toss some dead inventory. It's the same stuff I've been recycling or tossing for 20 years. I asked another supplier for a buy back program and the said "yes". That's 5 this year.

SteveP

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Good job of listening to Tag and getting another buy-back, Steve.

I got to bed at 10-ish last night, woke at 3, got up at 3:45, and was out the door by 4. Sleep is overrated, isn't it? 7.85 RW miles in 32° temps with a breeze, under clearish skies with a reclining slice 'o moon and Venus hanging overhead. Nice.

Have a greta Tuesday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

jay - try the 7:30 pm to 3:30 am I got last night

\after an arduous day but instead of going out

the door at 4:00 am, I returned to the former

again until 6:00 am.

steve - thanks.
        However, with light black numerals against a grey background,
        we can't even read our car's odometer, kind of like trying
        to read the yellow print Runner's World's likes to use.  
        ps - you're way ahead of me but I bet you
        can't post as fast as BTY swims.

Off to cycle across the floating bridge at 32o and'll
        come back and continue on around the island

when it gets sunny and into the forties.

Enjoy any good weather anywhere else while you can,

especially tammy for the next 12 days.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

tet-  You just made my day.  I thought I was the only one who couldn't read a bunch of the Runners' World print.  I really feel old when I read it!

Thanks, Steve.  You sound like a really good employee.     And- dogs have their own minds!

3.6 on the treadmill this morning and I did some "hills".  My treadmill seems a lot harder than most at 1 % for some reason.  I think it has a slight incline at level.  Did some up to 3 % which was pretty tough.  HR was NOT low this morning.  May try to slip on down to the work gym later this afternoon for weights and maybe another mile or so.  I want to try out the new work treadmills.    I have a women lawyer thing tonight after work that is an annual event hosted by a lawyer friend of mine where we go to a nail salon and eat and drink and have free pedicures and manicures.

This morning I get to see government in action since my husband and I have to drive 40 minutes to the Social Security Administration to set up something where I start getting benefits on his SS even though I'm still working.  It's a loophole that many people don't know about.  My benefits continue to accrue.  I think you had to be born before 1954 to do this particular thing.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59

I sort of ran today.  3.1 miles at the park.  The first mile was a mix of walking and jogging, but I ran the rest of it without stopping.

My calf seems to have held up.  I checked my log and the pain first started on 10/4 so it has been exactly 2 months since some continuous running.

My heart rate shows that it has been a while since I ran. The average was 146 with a max of 171.  Those are practically my 5k race numbers.

My older daughter, living in Florida, turns 32 today.  It won't be long before she can join the Masters' Forum. (I think I'll tell her that.)

After over 4 years, I finally upgraded my phone.  Got a Samsung S9.  (I had an S5).  I feel like I've gone from an abacus to a super computer. 16GB to 64GB.  Speed is off the charts.

Sabres lost 3 in a row after a 10 game winning streak and have another tough game tonight.  Hard to play these back to back games against the top teams in the league.

tet-  You just made my day.  I thought I was the only one who couldn't read a bunch of the Runners' World print.  I really feel old when I read it!

+1  That really drives me crazy. I have a hard enough time reading the clues to do the crossword in our daily paper. I must have at least 4 or 5 pair of cheaters scattered around the house. Getting old ain't for sissies!

Thanks for the great start Steve. It's cool you let AD choose his running route

Jay - by the end of the week, are you exhausted after only getting 4 or 5 hours of sleep every night? I don't know how you do that. Nice RW this morning.

Does that floating bridge ice over Tet? Be careful! 32° is that borderline temp.

An hour on the elliptical this morning and 20 minutes of weights and core. I need to "woman up" and get back outside tomorrow for a run. When it's 20° and dark, and you can hear the wind blowing outside, it's hard to get motivated.

I see there's no mail delivery tomorrow in honor of #41. Just wondering if anyone will get the day off. Erika??

Marathon Maniac #957

Sleep is overrated, isn't it?

No.

Jlynne - a day off?  Tomorrow?  Wait while I pause to laugh loud and long....

KSA - manicures and pedicures, how fun!

So, 5 miles for me on the TM this morning.  Yup, foot hurt the while time.  Doesn't hurt at all now, though.  Hmmmm.  I have a call in to the PT guy to ask the questions I forgot to ask Friday.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

10:52

Room temperature

Nothing. Nothing x 2 weeks.

Firstly. Upper respiratory infection. Before the steroid,  felt like I was drowning when supine. Continuous cough before the Zpack. NFP started plan with nebulizer treatment last Wednesday when I walked into her office. Next tried albuterol inhaler and Vicks vaporub.

I think I am getting better. Fitness has suffered! So has my intellect. We've been binge watching Glee for the past 2 weeks.

Secondly. I have managed to rake the yard. Twice. And the score is currently Yard 2, RCG 0.

And finally. I think that treadmill run a few weeks ago caused my fragile left foot/ankle to fail. Have been trying PF stretches to little avail. Did someone else here have this? Achilles?

Help. Only good part? I have lost 2 pounds.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

p.s. Wilma Wonka aka Jlynne

Yes. The r.s. has tomorrow off as an official day of mourning.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Tramps

I thought I was the only one who couldn't read a bunch of the Runners' World print.  I really feel old when I read it!

I think the fact that you read a print publication automatically qualifies you as old. 

Dave--I've always wondered how schedules are made. They can be so important. The Caps had a bizarre schedule the first few weeks of the season with back-to-back games followed by four or five days off multiple times. Impossible to develop a rhythm with that. (Re-match with Vegas tonight but too late of a start for me. Too bad since it should be a good one after the Caps blew a 5-1 lead to lose to the Ducks 6-5 Sunday. Stunning meltdown.)

I agree with Holly; sleep is definitely NOT overrated.

RCG--hope the recovery continues swiftly.

17+ riding today. It was 40F but with a good stiff wind so I erred on the side of overdressing...and I did. I still don't have the dressing-for-cold-weather-riding thing down. I always knew exactly what to wear running; I'm always guessing a bit riding.

ETA: Tet, congrats on Seattle officially getting an NHL franchise. 

Be safe. Be kind.

TammyinGP

sleep is good. really really good.

Dave, I also did a recent upgrade, from an S4 to an S8.  all that extra storage is fantastic when I was used to so little. I loaded very little on my phone because it used up what little storage I had. 

Will run during my lunch hour today. It's pretty cold but at least it's dry. and since it's so cold, that means I won't sweat much, which is a good thing since I'll be changing back into work clothes. 

Tammy

Sleep good.

Sleet not good.

==========

..30s and sleet...

....40-min ARC Trainer..

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Jlynne - a day off?  Tomorrow?  Wait while I pause to laugh

Huh? You mean the private sector in Ohio doesn't get all state and federal holidays off?   In Japan, the U.S. employer gave both U.S. and Japan holidays off  = 25 automatic paid holidays s yesr

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Huh? You mean the private sector in Ohio doesn't get all state and federal holidays off?   In Japan, the U.S. employer gave both U.S. and Japan holidays off  = 25 automatic paid holidays s yesr

That’s it!  I’m moving back to Japan!

Tramps

That’s it!  I’m moving back to Japan!

You have better choices.

Be safe. Be kind.