Masters Running

Thursday OMG it's Almost Swimsuit Season! Weightloss Thread Week 6 (Read 381 times)

Renee the dog

Hey, let's go straight through 'till hardcore start of summer: July 4.  What do you think?

130.2 this morning.  Almost fell off the scale and out of the pantry closet!  My husband had us drive an hour last night to a Texas Roadhouse (closest one to us) and I had a margarita and too much dinner.  I wasn't even going to weigh in, but decided it's part of the ritual.  Soooo glad I did!

Now to buckle down and approach goal 2:  127!!!!!!! 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Very nice, Nono!  I’m still the same as last week, which isn’t so bad, although that’s still about 5-6 lbs over my ideal weight for this height and frame. But still, 3 lbs lower than I was this winter, so there’s been some improvement. 

Runningsmarter said she wrote her weight on a white board where she could see it everyday, and she has been very successful at losing her pregnancy weight.  Maybe I need to try that...

Looking forward to carb-loading tomorrow.  Saturday’s 50K is the perfect excuse for a DQ Blizzard...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

holly--not sure about the carb contents of a Blizzard, but then again I'm not the one lining up to do a 50K  so go for it!

It's very easy to eat too much dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  My DD doesn't even eat beef or chicken and it's one of her favorite spots just for the rolls and loaded sweet potato. (there's some carb loading for you Holly)

Anyway, now that I've finished drooling--after meeting all the pre-weighin qualifiers, same as last week.  190.  The fact that I haven't done much in the way of changing eating habits wouldn't have anything to do with that, would it?   and with all the graduation week events, the walks with Max have slipped, too.  better next week (I hope)

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

hmmm, putting sweet potato on shopping list......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

I'm down about 4-5 lbs from what I was 5 weeks ago. Not sure how it happened really, but not complaining. I'm only about 3 lbs from goal weight and 5 from ideal.

I have cut out some carbs - not alot, but trying to be more mindful of the bread type carbs I usually consume. I could easily go an entire day eating nothing but carbs.

and since I'm going back for a chol check in a few wks - after 3 mos of trying to lower my chol because it was too high - i've cut back on butter that I like to add to things, fats, etc. So, maybe these small changes were enough to make a difference. That and the higher mileage I've been running.

Tammy

wow - nice job Nono and Tammy

i'm down 1lb from last week..........5 from goal now

denise

SteveP

down to 218. Still up from the first week's weigh in. I guess I'll just have to slide my 36" waise into a 28" speedo. I'm hope DW doesn't get too jealous of all the looks.

SteveP

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Just popped in to lurk, then I read Steve's post ...... exiting quickly..... very quickly......

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Hey Steve....wanna borrow my 28" Speedo? Can't promise you would look as good as me though. Just to make Tammy hate me more....I am "up to" 153 pounds as of this morning. Nono....almost falling out of the pantry??? Ok, I am leaving that one alone Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

Hey Steve....wanna borrow my 28" Speedo? Can't promise you would look as good as me though. Just to make Tammy hate me more....I am "up to" 153 pounds as of this morning. Nono....almost falling out of the pantry??? Ok, I am leaving that one alone Tim

glad to see you 'bulking' up Tim . . .

Tammy

down to 218. Still up from the first week's weigh in. I guess I'll just have to slide my 36" waise into a 28" speedo. I'm hope DW doesn't get too jealous of all the looks.

My eyes!  My eyes!  I think I've been blinded.

Holding steady at 139.7.  Very happy with that.

BTW if ya'll are looking for a great, healty carb, try quinoa.  It is the healthiest grain you can eat and packs more carbs per "whatever" than pasta.  Check out the prep requirements, though.  I believe it has to be wash thoroughly before cooking.

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

when I'm steaming up some rice, I throw in some quinoa with it. 

Today for lunch I had a bowl of brown rice with quinoa and a side of cut up kiwi, pineapple and mango.

I like white rice - basmati or jasmine - to me, that kind of white rice has a nice flavor. Brown rice on the other hand, tastes so incredibly bland to me, but I force myself to eat it sometimes because I know it's better for me. Other than adding some salt, I don't put anything on it. Any of you have some other ideas of ways to make brown rice more palatable?

Tammy

Renee the dog

I like white rice - basmati or jasmine - to me, that kind of white rice has a nice flavor. Brown rice on the other hand, tastes so incredibly bland to me, but I force myself to eat it sometimes because I know it's better for me.

You are easier than my husband, Tammy!  Bayside is Chinese descent, and the only time he was given brown rice was when he was sick.  Everytime (and I mean everytime) I choose to make brown rice, he says, "Who's sick?" ha ha ha ha....yeah.

But it could be genetic.  My daughter's now 5 (also Chinese), and she says, "What kind of rice is this Mommy?"  I don't like it.  No matter how I disguise brown, she's never liked it, and she's not picky. 

Tim, you come late to the party, therefore you don't get all the jokes.  You need to read back a long ways to understand why the pantry is a place of humor for me and my scale!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Nono. a margarita and too much dinner and still a weight loss . I had many glasses (ok, the whole damn bottle) of wine last night and forgot to weigh today  but i can predict that I didn't lose.

But I'm off to Barbados Sat. morning w/ or w/out extra pounds.  Who cares at this point is what I say!  I will try to run while I'm there, but I iwll try harder to eat and drink a lot.

I hope I don't see Steve in his speedo.

Holly, you can carb load on whatever you want for a 50 K.  How long is  a 50K???

Tammy - I love the rice mixtures packaged by Lunderberg.  They're small packs that hold a little over 2 cups of rice.  The only place I can find them down here is at Ray's Food Place.  I don't know if you have one of those in GP.  Anyway, they make 3 of 4 different wild rice mixtures.  I usually throw in a bullion cube when it's boiling, and that helps kick up the flavor.  I know bullion has salt, but I'm not eating a ton of it in one sitting, and I don't use a lot of salt in the rest of my diet.

I like to saute up garlic, sweet onion, carrots, celery, broccoli, red bell peppers, and can of diced chilis and set aside.  Cook up about a pound of burger, turkey burger, whatever you like.  Add the veggies, season with some black pepper, a bit of hot sauce, worchestershire sauce.  When the rice is done, dump it all together, add a little bit of grated cheese and some low fat sour cream.  Season to taste.  It has everything - carbs, veggies, protein.  I make it as often as I figure I can The Hub to eat it.

Lundberg Family Farms: http://www.lundberg.com/

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance