Masters Running

Wednesday Sleepy Runs (Read 484 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Well, I stayed up all night, working on a project.  I worked five hours during the day yesterday, and then sat down again at my computer last night at 7 pm.  I worked straight through until 6:50 am.  One bathroom break!  DH and I finished the engineering drawings enough to pass the laugh test, at least.

So I missed my 6:30 am speed work, but my running partner is going to arrive in a few minutes for our regular run.  Should be interesting!

Hope everyone is more awake for their runs! 

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Hi everyone - I'm baaack...

I thought all nighters ended after college.

I just get up at an insanely early hour these days - 2:45 this morning.

Today - fizzy lifting, steperfication, and a sweaty spin cycle.

Yup, a rest day.  Well, I did go 19 miles on Sunday, 7 on Monday, and 11 yesterday.  So I got my week's worth of running done in three days.

Let the training begin.

I'm in the NYC marathon lottery, but I don't want to win.  I realized (after forking over the $ for the privilege to enter the lottery) that the race is on November 1st.  That would mean missing Halloween with the PBJsters - not gonna happen.

5.5 okay miles trying to keep the spirits up.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

dg.

((((Byll's spirits)))) 

PBJ I was just wondering about you this morning. 

Erika, I loved that picture of Cheyenne and Midnight.  saved it.

Flipped my schedule to let things ease up a little, 50 min. on the elliptical, then 2 sets of back lifts, dead lifts, leg presses, abductor/adductor weight machines, quad somethings, reverse crunches, side planks, front planks, russian twists, and lunges.

Slo

PBJ....Long Time, welcome Back

Teresa.......Hang in there.....when this project is done then you can look forward to the next !

The reward for a job well done............is another job !

Bill, nice run and no better way to keep the spirits up.

Me....I slept in this morning. I trained hard last week so I'm making this somewhat of a down week.

Good running everybody !

DG./Deb, I have some great pictures you might want copies of.  Send me your email address via PM and I'll get them to you.

Your new pal, Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

Teresa – that’s some dedication!

Erika – I’ve heard of people walking their dogs, but walking a cat? 

{{{Byll}}}

6.10 slow and easy miles for me this morning in 66°.  Legs feel tired.

I feel crabby today.  I don’t know why, just do.  I think I need an ice cream cone and a new episode of House.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Morning, gang!

Teresqdfp - some people will do anything to start the daily ;-). Hope you get some sleep today!

dg - thanks for the kind thoughts yesterday. It's been a rough couple of days - this trip reopened wounds that i thought were healing, but I think I'll be fine once the dust settles. 

I did 12 miles in the hot and humid Kansas City area Sunday morning.  i am definitely not acclimated yet - fortunately I remembered to bring some money on my run - had to stop twice to purchase water.  No good place to run yesterday, and I wasn't up to it anyway.

I stayed in Springfield, MO last night (and enjoyed some fried chicken and "throwed rolls" at Lambert's restaurant).  Just returned from 7 miles on a concrete/asphalt trail that coursed along a nice creek.  The sun was out when I set out but then clouded over - looks like we're in for some rain.

I'm headed for Columbia, MO today to stay with some quilting friends.  I'll try to do a run on the MKT Trail tomorrow morning - barring torrential rain and/or lightning. 

On to Ziggie's for breakfast!  Take care, all!  Good runs!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Teresa, you're making me look bad. I once again did not get up in time this morning. Got to the Y late and rushed through my weight workout and had no time for a run or cardio. And I gotta get some chalk for the deadlifts. I had 250lbs on the bar and I missed 2 reps b/c the bar was slipping out of my hand. Just not a very good morning. Now it's pouring so I'm not likely to get out at lunch either. Yesterday's lunchtime run got canceled because of a late notice noon meeting I had to go to. I'll run in the rain tomorrow morning for about 4 miles. It's tough when I miss days. I'm avoiding back-to-back days right now so when I miss a day it kinda screws up the schedule. But better than no running at all. I just need to get that consistency back  - that's key to keeping the shin feeling good. Too much or not enough time between runs can trigger some inflammation.

And anyone else get totally screwed up from Monday holidays? I don't know why but they always mess up my week. I'm tired and out of sorts on Tuesday following a Monday holiday. In the case of this past Monday, my wife worked so I didn't get any kind of workout in and I'm all screwed up now. but regardless, they always mess me up.

MTA: Yes, Evryday, a northbound train! I like that lyric. Summers as a kid meant heading north to Maine nearly every weekend and vacation weeks.

Mariposai

3 miles plus mind relaxing yoga for KeeMan (see link below)

go keeMan goooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum/a382f4e2e39a4f1bafee30adb4283569

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Slo

I did 12 miles in the hot and humid Kansas City area Sunday morning. i am definitely not acclimated yet - fortunately I remembered to bring some money on my run - had to stop twice to purchase water. No good place to run yesterday, and I wasn't up to it anyway. I stayed in Springfield, MO last night (and enjoyed some fried chicken and "throwed rolls" at Lambert's restaurant). Just returned from 7 miles on a concrete/asphalt trail that coursed along a nice creek. The sun was out when I set out but then clouded over - looks like we're in for some rain.
                        Sue, I spent a week in Kansas City last year.....I loved running there. Impossible to run and not encounter rolling hills. Lamberts.....Home of the Throwed Rolls.....a must experience if your in Springfield.

I feel crabby today.  I don’t know why, just do.  I think I need an ice cream cone and a new episode of House.

LOL - I watched an episode of House on my iPod on the way home from the school trip last Friday.  After having been with them since 6 that morning, it was way more fun than listening to the kids!    Ice cream would have made it even better.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Hugs to Byll ..... I don't know what happened though..... I feel so lost.

Rest day for me.   Pouring down rain and a cool breeze made it mighty difficult to get out of bed.   I'm just so tired lately ....

Happy Hump Day to all.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Renee the dog

I'm crabby too- but with reason.  My son screamed me awake from downstairs!   And both he and his older sister have been completely out-of-sorts crying and miserable all morning. Therefore, I'm miserable.  Postponed my run on the sand until I get them down to nap, as I knew I'd need a release later (plus the tides weren't in my favor by the time Bayside got back from his run with Renee). 

My daughter is still alive after she told me to "Shut up" while we were all coloring.  (Can you believe -- she speaks to me, I answer her and she tells me to "Shut up, I'm concentrating.")     She's been crying on-and-off all morning, so I gave her the look of death and she welled up.  I left it at that.  Yes, I'm going to need that release at lunch time!

We so rarely have bad days around here --but when we have them, I really question why I stay at home. 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Bill, you'll be back in business before you know it.

Monday's run was cool, clear, sunny, dry, and breezy. Today was its polar opposite: warm, overcast, still, and 100% humid. At least I made it to the last mile before getting rained on for the finish. 6.1 at a 9:36 average, with the last half a good bit quicker than the first due to running out and back on a slight grade.

One more run tomorrow before the weekend's HM. In fact, the weather today was exactly like it was the last time I ran that event two years ago. Maybe it agrees with me?

Good running, all!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"