Masters Running

Christmas Day Runs and Eats (Read 332 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

No run for me today, just cooking and eating. Just wanted to say a quick MERRY CHRISTMAS to all you wonderful folks. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Merry Christmas, Holly - and everyone else too! Just got back from 4.2 miles. We'll shower, open gifts, then head over to the nursing home to eat Christmas dinner with dear-old-dad. Then we'll come home and cook another Christmas dinner. Too-much-food! We ran with some people from work yesterday at lunchtime. 2.6 mile to the restaurant - beer and lunch (chili for me), then ran back to work and just hopped in the car and came home. Apparently I forgot to stop my Garmin before we got in the car. Overall stats: 17.1 miles, average pace 61.5 mph. And I thought it was the beer making me so tired.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Merry Christmas to everyone! Remember the Reason for the Season. 2002. 3 miles for the Year. 3rd one in a row. 3.5 recovery-paced miles at 9:39 min/mile. The legs needed a recovery day too. Tired and cratchety. Feeling better afterward. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

anachrotech

Merry Christmas everyone.
            Merry Christmas evryone! No run for me today... Nice going Bill for the 2000+ for 3 years in a row! Here's to many more. PDR.....wow! Nice run! Very fast! Shocked Big grin
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              7.7 m's @ 8:36 m/m; 136/152. More cleaning and cooking before the girls and family come over; Happy Holidays! or as I like to say, "Feliz Chankwanzamas."
                Merry Christmas !!!
                Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                  I hope every one of my RA friends has a great Christmas. We celebrated yesterday so my son and his wife could be with her family today. It was fantastic having the whole family together. evan, that was a neat childhood picture. maine, sorry to hear about your son. I am glad that he got to the hospital quickly for treatment. My thoughts are with him and the whole family. jlynne, in reference to your comment you'll never run a marathon, don't write it off. For a number of years, I figured I never would, even though I secretly dreamed about it. Then, several years ago, I made the decision and did it. It wasn't fast and may never happen again, but it happened. If it's a dream of yours, don't give up on it and it can happen. Someone who has logged 1500 miles in a year sure has a good base for a starting point. breger, congrats on your 3rd year of 2000+ miles. Nice long runs for breger, peter, and jdmom. Good job on the speedwork for maine (hill repeats) and perch. This morning, I did 4 miles on the TM at 1% and 6.2 mph (9:40/mi). I rationalized not doing more as yesterday was a busy day and I'm going to take my mother back to her place and return home today (about 8 hours of driving). The real reason I didn't run further was that I just didn't feel like it and wimped out. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
                    Merry Christmas everyone! My kids got us up at 5:00 this morning. We had presents opened before 6:00. I hit the road and did 6.1 miles in a new set of tights I got from my wife. Very peaceful Christmas morning run, one of the best of the year.
                    Do bears bear? Do bees be?
                      Merry Christmas !
                        A quick not so fast 3.5 for me down the Fayetteville highway this morning complete w/ my antlers from the Rudolph Run. Just finished the corn scallop that will travel with us up to Dickson, TN . Got to finish crocheting a hat before I go! Merry Christmas to all!

Prince of Fatness

Merry Christmas!

Not at it at all. 

King of PhotoShop

Merry Christmas everyone! Bill, another great year for you. Well done. 3.3 very slow, but just to get something done before I start eating my way through the day. Spareribs

Hill Runner

Merry Christmas everyone! No running so far for me but I will go out for a short run later this morning/afternoon... Santa was generous to me this year with plane tickets & hotel reservations to Boston in April... Smile I can't wait to actually meet all of you in Boston ! We will spend the rest of the afternoon cooking and hanging around the house and will visit with friends later tonight! Peace to all!

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                              Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                              Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Tramps

Merry Solstice / Hanukkah / Christmas / Kwanzaa (and, of course, Festivus for the rest of us.) We’re enjoying Spring-like day with blue skies and temps in the 50s already. Ran a warm 10.3 miles @ 8:16. As for eating, I’m pretty good about not over-indulging at the holidays…but then DW sprang this on me: Even Superman has his kryptonite.

Be safe. Be kind.