Masters Running

April Boomer Miles (Read 572 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Hi all, It's time again to post your total monthly miles. As Tramps used to say, "A mile is a terrible thing to waste" - where is Tramps, anyway? So post your miles for April, no matter how many or how few. And if it was on the "few" side, no whining or offering excuses! (Explanations are OK - just not excuses!) Also post any PRs for the month, and for those of you well-rounded enough to do cross-training, go ahead and let us know! I don't know why I chose this picture - just seemed appropriate...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Top 'O the World!

Guess I'm offline for a coupla days, so I just as well go: April: 103.5 (forgot to log the walking Roll eyes ) PS: I think the picture is perfect! Clowning around
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

jfa

112.4 which I'm thrilled about since I strained my knee in March Tongue

Thanks for doing this, Carolyn! This month a little low due to taper and reverse taper. I gotta watch my back -- the pace bunny (or 'PB' as he's affectionately known) is catching up! April: 128.1 YTD: 715 MTA: almost forgot my 10miler PR of 72:31 (DC Cherry Blossom)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Thanks wildchild! 188.3 miles in April masters PR at Boston 3:26:37 YTD miles: 1,038 CNYrunner
              How did you get my picture Wildchild? Confused 202.0 miles in April 774.4 miles year-to-date. Bill Edited to add: Wow! 4 months in and CNYRunner already has over 1000 miles. Bigtime!

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #3309

Thanks Carolyn Smile April - 204.6 miles 740.4 YTD....I just realized I'm on pace for over 2000 miles this year Cool Never paid attention before, until I started using the log here at RA....Great feature Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

thanks to you, wildchild! April mileage....107.4 no mileage pr but I did get a Marathon PR...4:19:12
                  Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                    Thanks for doing this, Wildchild. 147.8 miles for me for the month of April. Jeanne

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Wildchild! April: 180.6 miles, avg pace 8:42 2008 YTD: 938.5 miles, avg pace 8:46

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Thanks WildChild - I love the picture. 146 miles for me this month - a PR of 19 miles - woo hoo!! 468.75 miles years to date. Way ahead of that rascally wabbit. ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Thanks, Carolyn!! 166 miles in April for me. I think I'm at 610 miles for the year so far. Jesse and I walked another 45 miles this month.

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Marathon Maniac #957

Thanks, Wildchild! 163.2 miles for April 851.1 miles for 2008

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hill Runner

Thanks WC! Smile April - 131.3 miles YTD - 617.9 miles

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                              Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                              Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Mariposai

I like your policy wildchild...no whining, no offering excuses... Running is such a precious gift to waste with whining and excuses, right? April Run =137 miles XT= 7 hours YTD= 644 Ran one marathon in 4:37 (only 3 minutes slower than my best marathon time) PR in posting in this forum Cool

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard