Masters Running

turkey Thursday 11-28 (Read 37 times)

Mariposai

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for all of you today and every day!

I came here to say just that!

Way too busy cooking and getting ready for people to come over. One reason why I fuzz over our menu is because I want to produce the best for those who gather at my table today (but I also do the same all year around when I have the chance to cook for people). Cooking is my passion!

Happiness to all!

Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Our local 5 mile turkey trot sounds like Holly S.'!   Me plus thousands of people over 5 miles equals lots of walking and a bit of racing.

Dinner was a big hit.  Glad to be done cooking though. Also for all of you that said the food is less important than the company, bah!  After seeing Spareribs' menu I want him to adopt me! Really nobody has to talk to me. The food will be fine. Smile

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Just popping in to wish all of my RA friends a happy Thanksgiving. I hope everyone's day was filled with family, friends and good food. The chaos that is grandchildren just left and it took me an hour just to clean my kitchen (what's the secret for getting cherry jello out of my chair seat cushions???) They are a joy though, even if baby Nicholas threw up all over grandma right before he left Joking

I ran a 5 mile turkey trot this morning and finished 1st in my AG (though once again, there were only 5 of us and the AG had a weird setup). When I went to check results for the women 60 and older, I noticed that a 68 year-old woman ran the 5 mile race in 28:06. What? Really? Holy s%##! Guess I'd better start training...

Glad you enjoyed the popcorn Tom. Careful out there Dave. Hope things work out with Mr. Impossible MS. I would LOVE to be invited to Mariposai's for dinner some time. You too, Twocat.

So much to be thankful for today. I am blessed. And thanks for your gift of kindness and friendship. So glad you're all here.

King of PhotoShop

01:02:11 01:02:09 7215 Homer Cruz <center>Search for  </center> Dallas TX 8 Mile Timed M 65-69 1
          01:05:25 01:05:14 351 Steven Conly <center>Search for  </center> Allen TX 8 Mile Timed M 65-69 2
          01:05:28 01:05:19 9115 Thomas Conway <center>Search for  </center> Duncanville TX 8 Mile Timed M 65-69 3
          01:09:15 01:09:04 9412 John Nance <center>Search for  </center> Rowlett TX 8 Mile Timed M 65-69 4
          01:09:16 01:09:07 8396 Spareribs Lamothe <center>Search for  </center> Coppell TX 8 Mile Timed M 65-69 5

Remember this song by the Castaways? Gained popularity again in the movie "Good Morning Vietnam."  It was "Liar Liar, Pants on Fire..."

He beat me by 3 seconds, not the previously reported one second, in age group of 30.  Sorry for the needless drama.  Spareribs

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

me too holly.  Thanksgiving,and all of you, are much appreciated for putting life's vagaries into perspective.all year long.

A sports host"s pride about his "competitive" 5K this morning had me assuming he was another spareribs or tramps or someone fast b ut turned out making me feel good when he said his time was 30 minutes, especially since I still think I can run that fast too. ..

Had one "almost fall" where I thought I might have pulled something trying to stay upright.

With mother and father who arrived in town at 1:30 am.dozing off after this afternoon's turkey, I took 4.5yo GS do watch the proceedings at a skateboard park, climb on everything at the adjacent playground, and wxplore a trail along a sorry excuse for a greenbelt creek now mostly through culverts.  Not that I was getting tired or anything like that but, as two hours approached, I was hoping someone would call and tell us to get back.   When we finally returned 2.5 hours later, GS proudly announced to mother and father, " I saw eight dead salmon.  I fell down four times and only cried once!")   I hope they still let me be with him this weekend.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Jlynne - congrats on the AG win!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."