Masters Running

Mondaily 6-18-18 (Read 33 times)

No time to recap, but yesterday's posts showed an appreciation of Jay and all his work for so long on getting the dailies started and doing such good recaps.  Hard act to follow, for sure.

I got out this morning for 1.2 miles, but basically need to make a decision about this lingering butt/leg thing.  It lets me run but it's not getting completely better.  I'm not letting it really heal.  I see the doc today, but I'm thinking I either need to only do a mile a day or stop completely until it truly is better.  It's just hard to know.   I sat on a pretty hard picnic bench for almost 3 hours (got up periodically) at the winery yesterday evening which didn't bother it while I was drinking wine, but might not have been the best thing....

Have a greta start to the week!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59

4.01 miles this morning. Heat advisory posted for this afternoon.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I was going to get up early and try to do a summary.
        I guess I’m no jay so I didn’t
        I was going to get up early and do run down to the lake
        Oh well, at least I have time to try a Father’s Day Recap.
        ed note nearly an hour later - that's what he thinks.

Whew.

ps - whoever does tomorrow's, put me down for an XT recap Monday

. . . Hall of Fame - 56 Happy Father’s day miles
        Super Hot Holly - 16.5 miles and Celtic Festival, . . . . I mean
        . . . Holly - 16.5 super hot miles and Celtic Festival
        Tammy - 8.8 dog miles
        Quickladder - 8.6 humid Father’s Day Miles with DD.  Lucky.
        Jay - 7.6 RW miles tryin’ to manage his overloaded plate
        Tramps - humid 5 fizzled dehydrated miles
        KSA - 3.5 miles before winery picnic with DD and a “guy.”
        Stumpy - 3.5 getting ready for camping and hiking.  Where?
        Henry - 2.5 Cape Cod miles one pre-father’s day lobster and sea bass.

. . . X-Training
        TomW - 55 hand-held pounds.  I hope not in the pool.
        Steve - 14 hours of CNS reports + 3 hours waiting tables.
        . . . did you eat too?

. . . Hall of Shame
        Stumpy - 0
        leslie - 0
        tet - 0

KSA - don’t worry. By the time they introduce us to them,
        . . . it’s already too late. Was it?
        TomW - why are you goin’ to Veterinarian Camp with Claire?
        Quickladder - Father’s Day must not get much better than 8.6 miles
        , , with DD. That’s a lot.  I guess she takes after dear old dad.  Good job!
        Stumpy - thanks for sharing dd’s happy graduation
        . . .over here not only for us non-facebookers but I bet
        . . . those who saw the great pics there don’t mind a bit
        . . . seein’ them again.
        Tammy - I heard on George Nori’s all-nighter that everyone has either early-bird DNA or the night owl variety or something in-between but I couldn’t figure out the latter, until your waking up at 5:30 am and then sleeping until 10:00 am.
        Leslie - Blackberries are an official “noxious weed” in Seattle to, along with some serious plogging all the bums’ litter, I use the grabber to push overhanging branches back over fences, etc. so the city won’t feel like they have to cut them down and I can’t do an amy on her florida fruit and pick black berries along the way.

Steve - I’d tried blowing up big ZipLocks but it didn’t help so I’ve been thinking about cutting off a little piece of one of those noodles, . . . until I got the flotation kayaker at the REI sale.  Love ‘em.
        ps - why do you have a noddle at the pool?

Henry - Lobters/Bass and Cape Cod running.
        Doesn’t get much better than that.
        - Lobters/Bass and Cape Cod running.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Henrun

Tet-great summary. Jay couldn’t have done it better.

After a fun weekend I developed a pre-summer cold. Not fun. Despite that I went out early this morning for a 2.5 mile power walk. Now staying indoors in AC as the scorcher approaches.

Great job, tet!     LOL, though.  The guy pretty much broke up with my daughter yesterday, so he didn't join us.  The religion thing was an issue, I guess.  She's a priest and he's an atheist.  Not like he didn't know what he was getting into.  I have to wonder what SHE was thinking!  She's very OK about it since the guy she likes best just got back from 6 weeks in New Zealand for a work project.  He has won some Emmys as a puppet designer and manager (if that's what you call it when you work the puppets).   She has a good attitude about the whole dating thing.

pfriese

I had a good 9.3 mile run thru the neighborhoods this morning.

Paul

KSA - Sometimes the hardest thing is to just stop and let it heal.  I keep tossing around in my brain "but it feels better today"  "but if I only do this 'this' and not 'this' . . ."  Then I think back to how bad it was before and I absolutely don't want to go there.  I can handle a couple - or even a few - weeks without running.  If I had to go months again like last year . . . .  Also, if sitting on hard surfaces is an issue, try one of these. I have one at work and in my car.  I don't go anywhere without it.

Tet - Doesn't yard work count as cross training?!??

45 min of core/ST this a.m., focusing on the hammies.  Not if only I could get this nerve thing to calm down . . . .

LOTS and LOTS to do.  Have a great week, friends  ~~

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Ksa__a fair number of folks seem to manage two religions in a relationship. One and none seems a bit trickier.

1 measly mile in LA just so everything vaguely remembers this running stuff. Weather is a BIT confused—high of 73 here and 93 back in Boston 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

....thanks tet//...........this could get Weird quick..........I Love It.........

===============

93-degrees

....60-min with 6 lb wgts on hills

New boots are Vasquez.............VERY comfortable

..........good running to ya..........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

C-R

Well done tet and big big big thanks to Jay for all those wonderful summaries.

I'm with you Karen. I've decided to shut things down for a few days as this calf is now not very good.

Biz trip this afternoon.

Be well all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stumpy-  Yeah, she was certainly willing to date him and liked him a lot.  I think being a priest is, well, a lot, even though Episcopalians are pretty chill and not particularly evangelical.

My doc really wants me to keep doing some running.  He thinks it will help- but I really think I should just do a mile or so.  He did the dry needling (which I hate) but it seems to have helped.    Leslie-  I do have that cushion.  I also have this sort of donut shaped one that I keep in the car.  It helps, too.  Trying to stand more is the best thing.

wildchild

Carolyn

Good luck to those of you trying to heal up!

Tet, I'm not sure I understood all of your post, but thanks for filling in for Jay!

My quads are kind of mad at me after Saturday's 32 mile race, so I'm taking a few easy days to recover. There are a couple long sections of very steep downhill where you have to brake while running, so it's a quad buster for sure, but I ran it pretty hard anyway, knowing I'd pay for it later.  I wish there were some trails that steep around here for training, but I don't know of any.  I posted a RR over in the RR thread.  I'm still smiling from what a fun weekend it was with my friends!

It's funny how, during an ultra, you hit times where you think how dumb running is and how stupid you are for signing up, but when you finish, you feel so happy you'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

It's funny how, during an ultra, you hit times where you think how dumb running is and how stupid you are for signing up, but when you finish, you feel so happy you'd do it again in a heartbeat.

True dat!!  Congrats on a fantastic race, Carolyn.

KSA - I have a Jarvis standing desk and love it.  Mine is about 72" x 29".  Easy to assemble, moves on hydraulics.  It's what kept me able to continue working last year.  Without it, I think I would have had to consider disability because it hurts so bad to sit.  I still spend a significant part of my day standing.

Okay - It's been a very long day.  I'm going home.

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I like my standing desk, but I can't stand all day.  Meetings do me in, too.  This bout of the tendinopathy isn't nearly as bad as some I've had, but it's still not great.

Mariposai

I was going to get up early and try to do a summary.
                                I was going to get up early and do run down to the lake
                                Oh well, at least I have time to try a Father’s Day Recap.
                                ed note nearly an hour later - that's what he thinks.

Whew.

ps - whoever does tomorrow's, put me down for an XT recap Monday

. . . Hall of Fame - 56 Happy Father’s day miles
                                Super Hot Holly - 16.5 miles and Celtic Festival, . . . . I mean
                                . . . Holly - 16.5 super hot miles and Celtic Festival
                                Tammy - 8.8 dog miles
                                Quickladder - 8.6 humid Father’s Day Miles with DD.  Lucky.
                                Jay - 7.6 RW miles tryin’ to manage his overloaded plate
                                Tramps - humid 5 fizzled dehydrated miles
                                KSA - 3.5 miles before winery picnic with DD and a “guy.”
                                Stumpy - 3.5 getting ready for camping and hiking.  Where?
                                Henry - 2.5 Cape Cod miles one pre-father’s day lobster and sea bass.

. . . X-Training
                                TomW - 55 hand-held pounds.  I hope not in the pool.
                                Steve - 14 hours of CNS reports + 3 hours waiting tables.
                                . . . did you eat too?

. . . Hall of Shame
                                Stumpy - 0
                                leslie - 0
                                tet - 0

KSA - don’t worry. By the time they introduce us to them,
                                . . . it’s already too late. Was it?
                                TomW - why are you goin’ to Veterinarian Camp with Claire?
                                Quickladder - Father’s Day must not get much better than 8.6 miles
                                , , with DD. That’s a lot.  I guess she takes after dear old dad.  Good job!
                                Stumpy - thanks for sharing dd’s happy graduation
                                . . .over here not only for us non-facebookers but I bet
                                . . . those who saw the great pics there don’t mind a bit
                                . . . seein’ them again.
                                Tammy - I heard on George Nori’s all-nighter that everyone has either early-bird DNA or the night owl variety or something in-between but I couldn’t figure out the latter, until your waking up at 5:30 am and then sleeping until 10:00 am.
                                Leslie - Blackberries are an official “noxious weed” in Seattle to, along with some serious plogging all the bums’ litter, I use the grabber to push overhanging branches back over fences, etc. so the city won’t feel like they have to cut them down and I can’t do an amy on her florida fruit and pick black berries along the way.

Steve - I’d tried blowing up big ZipLocks but it didn’t help so I’ve been thinking about cutting off a little piece of one of those noodles, . . . until I got the flotation kayaker at the REI sale.  Love ‘em.
                                ps - why do you have a noddle at the pool?

Henry - Lobters/Bass and Cape Cod running.
                                - Lobters/Bass and Cape Cod running.

My beloved Tetsujin, you did an amazing job with your recap. Thank you. While we all know that neither one of us could ever measure up to  JAY, we MUST try our best to do a recap as we move forward. Thanks tapeboy for your first attempt.

As for me, it was 11 biking miles for my wings. I am trying to be VERY patient with my post injury come back...it is so hard...

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard