Masters Running

December 2016 Masters Miles and 2016 Year-End Summary (Read 42 times)

an amazing likeness

As we creep up on the famous ball drop and other festivities, time to post your December miles and 2016 total miles.

In my town the New Year ceremony is to drop a clam figure from a local church steeple, it doesn't have the same cachet as the event in NYC...but the it's easier to get through the security line and there's warm clam chowder afterward...

Wishing all a greta new year in 2017 !

mta:  The clam's name is "Steamer"

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

rmcj001

Wow, just missed a double prime...December miles were 223.7 (so, 224 and just missing the 223) with 2502.6 for the year (2503 prime )

5k finish with 1AG and 3AG for 1/2 marathon. Just happy to kick that little pace bunny's behind 

Happy New Year!!

Ray

coastwalker

Thanks for handling this, Milktruck! So, we're starting the New Year happy as a clam?

December was, by far, my worst month in 2016 with only 25.6 miles, thanks to this dang hamstring. I finished the year with 1,394.8, even with fewer than 100 miles over the last 2 months. 2016 was my annual mileage PR.

Happy New Year, and here's to lots of great miles to come in 2017!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

This seems as good a place as any to pop in.  Hiya.

2016 was my worst running year ever.  First, work and commuting crowded out time to run and my routine was destroyed--leading to my disappearance off these forums.  Second, when I got work stuff wrapped up this Fall and started running regularly again, I guess I did it too quickly and injured my knee on a trail run, which brought things to a halt again.  Finally, December's been a gradual build-up process with two rest days a week (instead of my usual one) and no speed work at all, resulting in my best mileage month since March.  The knee's still tender but it's a start!

My current motivational goal is to just finish a local half in mid-February, shoot for 2017 miles in 2017....and pop in here more regularly again. Just call me a resolutionista.

Be safe. Be kind.

evanflein

Tramps!! Hiya indeed! You have been missed, fren! Welcome back and I hope the knee continues to improve and you show up here more often!

Funny clam story, Milktruck. Everyone has to do what makes sense to them, right? Mmmmm, clam chowder!

December was my best month since June, but still fell a bit short of 200 miles. I'm blaming all the travel I did, but wouldn't take it back for anything.

185.4 miles for December, 2227.9 miles for 2016. Really? If I'd known that, I would've done another 2.1 or something. That seems like a dumb number to end the year on. Whatever. Glad I lowered my goal in August to 2,200 since there's no way I'd make the original 2,400 goal.

4 marathons, and interestingly, 4 2nd in AG awards. Heh. Three of those were BQ's but that doesn't really matter since Boston isn't in the plans.

TammyinGP

yay Tramps! so nice to see you again.

I had a terrible December and 2016 for running, even though I did have an epic relay in the summer and got to meet some RA's for the first time ever. Definitely my running highlight of the year.

Dec: 24 miles

2016: 372.7.

on to a better year!

Tammy

SubDood

Thanks, Milktruck.

146.1 miles for December, 2,456.0 miles for 2016. 44 miles short of my annual goal, but happy and healthy.

4 marathons in 2016, including a new PR and a 3rd AG medal from Twin Cities (received on Christmas Eve, so I hung it on the tree).

For 2017, I hope to run three 25K trail runs, and maybe one marathon.

Happy New Year!

Can I post in this thread if Carolyn didn't start it?

For December I had 46.6 running and 1.4 swimming. For 2016 it was 602 running and 1396 biking.

Hoping just to maintain the same level for 2017 (and beyond)!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Love the clam picture! And thanks again Milktruck for keeping this tradition going.

129.5 miles for December

1509.7 YTD - beat the 1500 mile bunny with a few to spare - yay!

I've been on this running site a long time, and I love my rolling totals since I started here. 11,865.3 miles since I began logging them on RA. And believe me, I'm grateful for every single one of them!

Hi Tramps! Welcome back!

moebo

Happy New Year, Masters!

I haven't posted in ages, but when I realized that I had ended the year with a prime number--691 miles--I figured it was a sign I should come here and check in. Sorry to say it's far short of my goal of 1000 miles for the year, but I'm okay with that.

Glad to see so many of you are still going strong! And sorry for those who are not in top form. I had my share of time off for various injuries in 2016, so I definitely feel your pain. I actually considered giving up completely at one point, but have now figured out a routine that works: just short runs of 3 to 6 miles, 4 times per week. And no races! At least for now...

More than anything, I am hoping to keep running in 2017. My goal this year is to finish at least 700 miles. And also to post here more often!

MM #7877

Dec : 200.1 miles.

2016 - 2531 miles. And that I believe is a PRIME NUMBER! WOOHOOO

Philippians 4:13.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

December 46.3

2016---1338.6

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Dec - 112.8 and I survived the Don't get a fat ass over the holidays challenge!!

2016 - 669.6 -- way too many weeks of no running when that darn sciatica reared its ugly head!!😖😖

Here's to a healthy 2017 for the RA Masters!!!!

denise

Alexander R

December: 290.6 miles

2016: 3,303 miles

Happy New Year, everyone!

pfriese

Thanks milktruck!

I had a very low December also. Training for spring marathon has started so mileage should be increasing again in 2017.

December: 67.1 miles running & 2.1 miles swimming

Total for 2016: 2026.1 miles running (goal 2016 miles) with 4 marathons, 3 half marathons, 3 15Ks, 2 10Ks, 1 8K, 5 5Ks, and a relay race.

Also in 2016:  33.2 miles swimming & 58.1 miles biking.

Paul