Masters Running

FEBRUARY Plank Challenge, Spidey style (2/1 - 2/7) (Read 37 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

keep doing the challenge, even if you forget a day!

Whew!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Oh, I just realized I was supposed to start a new weekly thread today, oops...

Personally, I'm staying way from the Spidey variations, and it seems everyone else is just doing their own thing, right? I'm happy to just have a place to post what I do everyday, but if others want a specific twist to things to keep it interesting, let me know. Guess I'm failing at my assigned task by just winging it....

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh, I just realized I was supposed to start a new weekly thread today, oops...

I thought we were going Monday to Sunday?

60-sec spidey

30-sec on each side.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

1:00 prone

:30 right

:30 left

1:00 spidey

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I thought we were going Monday to Sunday?

I figured 4 weeks in the month, and the month started Friday (which is when I technically took over from Tammy), so it would go Friday to Thursday.

But here we are, it's Saturday already....

3x 1:00 prone 
            4x :30 side 
            1x 1:00 prone 
            1x 1:00 supine double leg raise (12x)

7 minutes total

Mike E

MM #5615

Marathon Maniac #957

+1

Can we drop the spidey for something different this week?

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Can we drop the spidey for something different this week?

Sure. Though personally I'm going to be downplaying the planking for the next couple days, because my sciatica is acting up again. So how about doing some up-down planks? Either that, or work in some sets of push-ups into the planks. Some upper body work might be a good variation, while still working the core.

Marathon Maniac #957

Either that, or work in some sets of push-ups into the planks. Some upper body work might be a good variation, while still working the core.

I was hoping to save the push-ups for the April Challenge, after the March Squats Challenge.  I think if we really want to keep this Challenge thing interesting, we should do something entirely different every month.  (Not that people can't keep up their own personal workouts at whatever level they like.)

Suggested monthly challenges:

March - squats, either weighted or not, as people prefer

April - push-ups

May - wall-sits

June - back to planks?  Or should we do crunches one month instead?

July - lunges

August - ???

Mike E

MM #5615

TammyinGP

catching up from the last few days.

I forgot to do Friday - got so busy getting stuff ready to leave town for a couple days, that I didn't realize I hadn't done them til i collapsed in bed on Friday night. and I wasn't about to get out of bed to do them.

Did 1:00 prone, :30 each side, and 1:00 spidey on Saturday though.

haven't done them yet today, but will do them this evening.

I like the ideas you have for each month Holly. I do agree that doing something totally different each month will keep it interesting and varied. Personally, my core gets neglected, so i liked the progress I was making in January and plan to continue incorporating some planks each day (or at least 5 days a week). I am also intersted in having crunches be a monthly challenge as there are quite a few variations of crunches you can do to make it more challenging also.  JeffDonahue expressed interest before in leading up a March challenge and I'm not sure what he had in mind for that, or if he even had a specific challenge in mind.  I remember one time someone mentioning burpies (maybe it was Jeff?) and i thought that would be a good challenge also.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Only 2 minutes of planks for me on Sunday - my tummy was a little upset by the time I did them, and I never got around to doing more later.

Marathon Maniac #957

2 minutes again Monday, but 100 stability ball crunches too, 25 striaght, 25 cross, 25 on each side.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

2 minutes again Monday, but 100 stability ball crunches too, 25 striaght, 25 cross, 25 on each side.

I thought you said you didn't have a stability ball, Holly?

i apologize for being absent from this thread. My back has been a but of a mess lately, so no planks for a while for me.

Mike E

MM #5615