Masters Running

Tuesday again (didn't we have one just last week?) 1.15.13 (Read 340 times)

SteveP

..mornin' jay//.............there'll always be a place for Good Help.......

Yikes Jlynne! Ouchy

Fingers crossed TomS.

Here's to a happy 5 Two Cat.

Erika, get well soon.

10 hours of lifting. Of the 7 people who's job description includes helping me with the heavy stuff, only one of them does not have lifting restrictions. I'm getting nervous here.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

In Saturday's race my friend Suann ran the pace she thought I should be running, as I told her early in the race that I was trying to hold 8:30's.  Of course in the last mile I was dying. Didn't bother her. She just kept up that pace and kept yelling encouragement to me.  I worked very hard to stay with her, much more than I would have done if she had simply run alongside me.  Then I would have slowed.  First time I ever puked after a race.

Ribs – thanks for the explanation.  The 15K I ran in the fall was like that, the guy next to me kept pulling ahead, and I had to work to keep up with him, and thereby ran a much faster race than I would have if we were just keeping each other company.  He wasn’t actually my pacer, but it worked out that way.

Jlynne – ouch!  Hope that’s a quick-healing one.

Tselbs – I hope your wife finds relief quickly.

Twocat – good news!

Mike – Big grin

{{{Erika}}}  I'm right there with you.....

4.5 miles for me on Tuesday, plus planks.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good news TwoCat, hope all continues to go well.

Erika I hope you get over that cold soon, I am just getting to the point where I am actually feeling good...DW on the other hand not so much!

Ribs:  your pacing story and advice remind me of my experience a couple of years ago at Sugarloaf in the marathon.  I was having a pretty good run after a not so good Boston and could feel myself fading in the latter miles when a good friend jumped in with about 4 miles to go.  He stayed a good 5 - 10 feet ahead of me the whole way offering constant encouragement.  I know that I wouldn't have finished as strong as I did without him and in all probablility may have even stopped to walk a bit if he hadn't been there.  So yeah, I think having the pacer "pulling" you so to speak is the way to go at least for me.

6 Easy miles for me last night, outside again too, woo hoo! - 52:58 (8:50) plus planks

MTA - Snowing out today so there will be no run outside today - even put the plow on the truck.  I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that again at least not until after our Florida trip this coming weekend.Joking