Masters Running

Friday, June 26 "where is everybody?" runs and rests (Read 416 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Rest day for me.   Rest day at work too ...... no bosses.   Smile

Everyone must be sleeping in ......

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Renee the dog

Hi Mary!  Scheduled called for a 3 mi w/fartleks.  Well, Renee and I did 3 miles, sans fartleks.  Just didn't have any extra umph to crank out a couple of sprints.

It might have something to do with a 30 min slide board session at 8:30 pm last night...or the weather...or just enjoying the morning.

Hope everyone's having an enjoyable day!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Everybody is in Seattle, that's where they are ...

The outside of my left knee has been aching the last few days.  This is nothing really.  It happens whenever I have a pair of shoes ready for retirement or when I've neglected to go to the gym to workout the inner thighs and the outer leg muscles.

So I got up this morning and went to the gym.  But my lower back was aching also, probably from sleeping funny.  I did a few quick machines to work the legs some, but had no energy nor interest.  So I went back home pretty quickly.  I'll try to go to the gym on Sunday and perhaps swim a little and work the legs again.  A couple of sessions is usually all it takes to make the knee happy again.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Morning!

Humid and sweaty run at 6:30 am---9.1 miles of fartlek at 8:16 pace overall. My guys are in Cromwell, CT watching the Travelers golf tournament, so I have the house to myself. Good thing since I have major follow-up to do after several days on the road.

Good Luck Seattle runner/racers!

((((Bill's knee and aches))))

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Good luck to all in Seattle.

I'm still contemplating my fall marathon - New Hampshire, Schroon Lake NY, and/or Hartford.  Any suggestions?

Fizzy lifting and spin city this morning.  11 miler yesterday; fireworks tomorrow (in my home town, not at home).

Enjoy the weekend.

wildchild

Carolyn

Good morning!  I wonder if any of the Seattle crowd brought a laptop, and if so, if they'll have time (or inclination)  in between all the partying and running to check in with us?  Prolly not.

No run for me today - rest day before my half tomorrow.  I run after work, and even an easy mile or two tonight would be only about 12 hours from race time, so best to just rest.  The weather forecast for tomorrow  is excellent - mostly cloudy, high of 60°, chance of afternoon thundershowers.

Hey, can I brag again about DD?  She got her subject SAT scores yesterday:  Biology - 740, Math II - 770, Physics - 800!  

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Good luck to all in Seattle.

I'm still contemplating my fall marathon - New Hampshire, Schroon Lake NY, and/or Hartford.  Any suggestions?

Fizzy lifting and spin city this morning.  11 miler yesterday; fireworks tomorrow (in my home town, not at home).

Enjoy the weekend.

Hi PBJ! Good question on your possible marathon choices. I loved the NH course for its rolling hills (the Newfound Lake one?) and it's small and friendly. The Schroon Lake/Adirondack marathon is also in a beautiful setting and offers some good rollers. It's gotten larger though. Have you run either of these before? I know you are a Hartford pro and of course it's always a fun time there. Do you want a fast course or more of a family get away fun time? FWIW, I'd go for Schroon Lake for the full and if the body is willing go for a smoking half at Hartford.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Brag away Carolyn - that is AWESOME!!    Much to be proud of.

Dg - in answer to your question yesterday, yes it is the neice that I ran the 5/3rd with that is running Seattle.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

(1) Good morning!  I wonder if any of the Seattle crowd brought a laptop, and if so, if they'll have time (or inclination)  in between all the partying and running to check in with us?  Prolly not.

(2) Hey, can I brag again about DD?  She got her subject SAT scores yesterday:  Biology - 740, Math II - 770, Physics - 800!  

(1) Poopy heads!

(2) I have no idea what are good SAT scores, but judging from the big smile on your face, I'm assumimg those are quite excellent.  Yea!

Bill - Hope the knee and back feel better.

Think I'm gonna sign up for the Big Sur Trail Marathon on Saturday, Sept. 26.  Should be a pretty run.

45 or min of upper body and core workout this a.m. while watching "Double Jeopardy."  Gotta love Tommy Lee Jones.  (All-time favorite of his - "Lonesome Dove.")  Upped the amount of weight I was lifting for everything, and did it "to muscle failure," which I think is it the term.  I should be nice and sore in the arms by tomorrow.  Did crunches, leg lifts (legs pointed straight up in the air, lift up so that the butt's off the ground, don't swing legs), bicycles, and back whatchamacallits (laying over the BOSU on stomach, hold weight to chest, and lift chest up).  Next thing to look at is how I'm eating and whether or not I'm getting the right proportions of carbs, proteins, etc.  Decided to forego a lower bod workout since we're scheduled for 24 trail miles tomorrow and another 10 on Sunday.

I am determined to change my physique over the next few months, mostly to get rid of my poochy stomach, which is where I believe eating more correctly (is that grammaticaly correct?) will help out.  I eat pretty healthy anyway, but there's obviously something I'm doing wrong 'cause that fat just won't go away.  And I refuse to believe that some of are us just suppose to have flabby stomachs.

Later, peeps ~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Go Leslie with the rocking workout! I am on a quest to have Lolo Jones or Dara Torres abs and I am getting there---diet and posture also make a big difference.

For all of us at some point or another: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/25/health/nutrition/25best.html?_r=1&ref=style

Posture is one of my problems.  I've always been a sloucher, and that is an extremely hard habit to break.  When I was a kid, my parents used to threaten to put me in a back brace, made me walk around with a book on my head, etc.  Didn't work.  I know that part of the problem was that for a long time I was the tallest person in my class, even taller than most of the guys.  That didn't change 'til about my sophomore year when others started finally growing.

Went ahead and signed up for the Big Sur Trail Marathon, so now I have to go.

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

Oh, man, I read the word "sloucher" and realized I was completely hunched over my keyboard! Must.sit.up.straight.

Leslie, the maximum SAT score is 800.  So DD got a perfect score in physics!  

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Good morning!  I wonder if any of the Seattle crowd brought a laptop, and if so, if they'll have time (or inclination)  in between all the partying and running to check in with us?  Prolly not.

We're here!  We're here!   We're just lurking.....

(This is Holly posing as Erika.)

We're getting ready to head over to the Expo in a minute.  Erika's busy trying to hide all the wine bottles from last night, so the neighbors don't think we're a bunch of lushes....Hey, it wasn't me - I was still in Ohio last night, but whatever went on in this house, I hope there are pictures....

evanflein

Hi!  this is Timbo posing as Erika. I love having blonde hair, it's so cool.  There are too many wimmins here....it's going to be a miracle if there is not a Seattle baby born 9 months from now (hey, single wimmin are here also)

And yes, there are plenty of good pics. Yikes, I did not go to bed till 6:30 am this morning.....and got up at noon, but there is a 3 hour time change from Indiana to Seattle. So it was really 3:30 Seattle time. Hehe, last night and this morning was a blast.....and what goes on in Seattle....stays in Seattle, but there are plenty of pictures. Good lord, the amount of wine that was consumed last night was incredible. We are all saying this is a Marathon where we WILL all leave many pounds heavier than before....but that's kewl though.

Ok, back to the party.....oh, and that little 26 mile jaunt in the morning. I am going to run with Tampster and her friend Laura (me and Laura are working on our future plans together all ready.....smiles, as I move fast)

TimBo 

xor

Ew