Masters Running

August 2018 Masters' Miles (Read 26 times)

an amazing likeness

Welcome to September. The morning sunrises are later and evening sunsets earlier, so off to dig the headlight out of storage and charge it up. Boxes of late season excess from backyard gardens are common in the lunch room at work, and I admit to being a bit tired of fresh corn and tomatoes; but the pickle jars popping are welcome reminders of zesty goodies to come. Many of us here in the far northeast do not have AC in homes, so the departure of the humidity for September's cool nights is long overdue.

Time to post those hard-earned, sweaty and muggy August miles, race results and running achievements.

In recognition of all he's been through medically recently, I'll leave you this month with a photo of Twocat finishing the last 24hr relay leg on the beaches of Coastwalker's hometown with best wishes for quick healing and return to his normal running health.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Mike E

MM #5615

Perfect, milktruck!  And thanks for doing this.

I celebrated my birthday in August by competing in a 5k with my granddaughter--we had a great time.  I took 1st place in the 50+ division.

August: 221 miles

YTD: 1406 miles

See ya, next month!

TammyinGP

August miles were 79.4

Tammy

thanx milktruck!

167.4 miles. 890.5 for the year.

No accomplishments.

No races.

Only Zuul.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

evanflein

227.3 miles for me for August. Hey, if you round down, that's a prime! Had a couple of half marathons in August, 1st in AG in one and 6th overall female in the other (no age groups). August was another month of increasing miles for me. Yay! (and more than Mike E!)

coastwalker

Thanks for a good start and terrific shot of Twocat, Milktruck.

172 August RW miles - a monthly high for me. 1st in RW div in the Saunder's 10K - I earned my race shirt!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

pfriese

Thanks milktruck.

August miles: 218.6

Wild West Relay with Opie in early August was the only "race".

Paul

Quickadder

143.4 hot and steamy August miles. No races in August as it’s far too hot & humid.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

anneb

Thanks, milktruck

159.5 miles for August; 937 year-to-date. Hoping that September will bring those cooler temps sooner rather than later 😅

Anne

152.6 miles for August.  On track for 1500 (revised that down due to the injury) for the year.  No August races.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Lisa11

Thank you milktruck.

170.6 for me in August.

SubDood

Thanks, milktruck!

Aug:  351.2 mi

2018: 2,158.2 mi

No races, but a couple mileage PRs — biggest month, including my biggest week (85.3).

It was a good month.  141 miles & 1146 YTD.  Maybe I'll still make my goal of 1800 for the year.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Tramps

Thanks, Milktruck!

I think that's an all-time low. In addition to my new normal low-mileage, the storm, tree removal, catching up, etc, took its toll.

Be safe. Be kind.

rmcj001

Thanks Milktruck!  202 Miles for August, 1363 for the year. 1 trail half with 2nd AG and 10th overall.

Ray