Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 1.24.18 (Read 43 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Got home at 10:00 after yesterday evening's meeting, and I have another meeting at 8 this morning. The temps never got above 33-34° here yesterday, with freezing rain all day, and rose maybe another degree or two overnight. The side roads are still slick for driving, and not good at all for work outs on the shoulders. So I didn't even try to head out this morning. Tomorrow's another day...

Have a greta Wednesday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

...coming up for air...

5 miles in perfect 38F running weather

Back to work.

Be safe. Be kind.

Good morning, busy Masters!   Wasn't feeling great this morning and short of time, so went downstairs for 2.8 miles on the treadmill.  Off to the eye doctor now- hopefully my swelling issues are resolved enough so that I can lose the midday drops, which are a real pain to deal with during the work day (have to take out contact, wait 5 minutes after the drop etc).   Minor in the overall scheme of life, but would be nice to not be putting my hands in my eyes all the time.      Have a great day.

2.2 after work on the treadmill, so 5 for the day.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy meeting, Jay.

Another short post, and I don't even have any running to talk about.  Definitely need to up the ambition meter, becasue it's sure not kicking in when the early alarm goes off

Hope everyone else gets out when they're supposed to.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks.

SteveP - I hope you find a good resolution to the Mia problem.  She sure is a beauty.

No workout for me today.  My tummy was having issues, likely due to the massive nsaids I have been consuming.  Hopefully all will be back to normal by the end of the week.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good morning everyone. Good luck with meetings, eye drops, upset tummies and whatever else the day hands you today.

Cold and icy this morning, no desire to wait for a treadmill. An hour on the elliptical and 30 minutes of weights and core.

Picked up a few shifts subbing at the local middle school this week. Off to serve chicken tenders and green beans

MTA - went to see "Three Billboards Outside Ebbings, Missouri" yesterday. Well done, very dark. Frances McDormand (sp?) definitely deserves an award for her performance.

Dave59

After 2 days of work where I would crawl over broken glass to make it all go away, I seem to be back to enjoying the work this morning. I just wish I was as sure of my mental stability as the president.

After a rest day yesterday because I drove into the office and I was too lazy to fit in a workout before or after that, I got to the park this morning for 4.03 miles in a light snow.  About 33° and dry roads.

There is nothing like a good comic strip to cheer me up and Dilbert was classic on the 22nd and 23rd. I'm too lazy to try and post the comics here but you can go to Dilbert.com and view them.  That may as well be me in the strips in place of Dilbert.

The strip on the 22nd, replacing Dilbert with myself:

Me: It will take me 4 weeks to build the app, unless there are unforeseen problems

Any Project Manager: How often do we have unforeseen problems?

Me: 100% of the time.

Any Project Manager: The what's the point of estimating a completion date

Me: I was hoping to make you stop talking, but it didn't work

TammyinGP

Good Morning all. Very very rainy day here but I wasn't going to be able to run today anyways, so I guess that's fine. I have a meeting after work at the HS - planning for senior grad night party, etc. 

have a great day everyone!

Tammy

Just an hour on the elliptical today. Then off to school to end the week's lectures. Only 22 to go in each class! DW says I have a bad attitude. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

............ My tummy was having issues, likely due to the massive nsaids I have been consuming.  Hopefully all will be back to normal by the end of the week.

...take 'em with food or milk.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

45 min of core/ST and foot strengthening whilst watching "Call the Midwives."  I like watching a series because it's an incentive to get out to the shed for a workout.

I read all three of the Midwives books and am reading her 4th and final book, which is about dying.  Very interesting.  The Hub and I have health care directives in place, but me thinks we need to get down to specifics.  Some of the most interesting information is about resuscitation, the percentage of people it works for, how age makes it a less plausible thing to do, etc.

Holly - NSAIDs almost always do a number on my sensitive stomach if I have to take it for very long, which is why I often will go with Aleve.

Did somebody say something about 10 m/m for "walking"?  That's my regular running pace!

Steve - I hope your daughter finds a good home for Mia.  She's a beauty.

Dave -   The day I can tell somebody at work that I'd like them to quit talking is the day I rejoice!  Our dept secretary can drive me crazy sometimes.  She is bipolar and has spent the last 2+ yrs trying to get herself on an even keel after going through cancer treatments.  She recently said she can't believe how good she feels - normal.  I guess I've never known her when she was "normal," but normal sure does like to gab. 

Tammy - We're getting poured on today.  So far no cats or dogs have fallen out of the sky, but I figure it's just a matter of time.

2Kitty - Don't listen to your DW.

I have to get myself back under control eating-wise.  For some reason I can't get over the holiday "Let me it it all!" attitude.  Which is not a good attitude to have when you aren't able to burns the consumed calories.  But this weekend!  I vow this weekend to start walking so I can slowly work my way back into walking.  I have to do something.  My body is putting up a revolt.

Okay - Enjoy~~

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Happy Wednesday friends!!

Jay - glad you didn't venture out early this morning. The roads have been terrible with the ice lately!!

I had the luxury of being able to sleep in this morning then met a friend at 9am for a run - did 5 miles with her then added on to make 7.7 total.

Did a little house cleaning, laundry, went to church for an hour of adoration, then had a manicure and pedicure -- love me days when I don't have anything else planned.

Holly - hope you are feeling better soon. Definitely take NSAIDS with food, but keep taking them to help you mouth pain heal.

Steve - hope you are able to figure out the dog situation as well. Those are some beautiful doggies!!

denise

....Love having steveP posting again,,,,,,those ARE some beautiful dogs......

=============

can't seem to shake this ''cold'' feeling

so

50-min x-bike

get 'em tomorrow

...............good Running to Ya.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

What’s the big deal about Oscar billboards in Missouri that even Seattle radio stations are blabbering blabbering about without any explanation.

KSA - no contacts so can much appreciate the four-times-a-day 5% saline drops that have my Fuchs’ Dystrophy so much under control that I passed the last driver license renewal eye exam without specs for the first time since age 14 Learner Permit in 1957. Good thing they don’t give the exam in nighttime conditions.  No wonder I’m so sure I should be afraid of other drivers, if not of me.
                              Avoided getting drenched in the pouring down rain of yesterday’s merry ‘mute by checking out the Sr. Fitness Hour of marching in stepping, stretching and kicking and bending at LA Fitness and doing the same (but much easier) for another hour in their weekday AquaFit class.  Oh, I guess I did get drenching wet, after all.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

pfriese

Running rest day. Went to the gym at lunch for a nice 45 minute swim.

Paul