Masters Running

Sunday, 11.27.16 (Read 29 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Sorry about the tendonitis, TwoCat. I hope you didn't do too much damage at the T. Trot.

Nice 3.5er in a little rain, Stumpy, with a downhill course and a tailwind!

Good 10.2-miler, Robing, and congrats on almost 1900 YTD. Funny story about the missing remote!

Good run & weights, Holly. I'm sorry DD has yet another lesson to learn, and hope the hammer doesn't come down too hard.

Roch - good refind with that earring. And nice run, even though it started in the rain.

Good analysis of the 'remote' find, Evanflein. Nice hilly run in frigid temps. And nice outdoor freezer too!

I'm sorry you are getting dumped on, Leslie. I hope you have better weather for your 13-er today.

I'm glad you are having such good luck with your little strobies, Tet.

Yesterday, we went for a walk on the beach with our company and we all had to shoot photos in 4 different categories. It was fun to see what everyone captured when we viewed the mini-slideshows later in the day. We also fried another (much smaller) turkey for dinner, primarily to make sure we'd have plenty of turkey to send home with our company.

6.2 EZ miles this AM in 37 windy degrees under partly cloudy skies. My hamstring is still tight, but is feeling a little better. After my stretching and shower, I got DW up and she and I made breakfast for our company, and then sent them on their journey back home, hopefully with an early enough start that they don't get hung up in too much traffic.. So today DW and I'll be doing chores and more house cleaning, and maybe sneak in a nap...

Have a greta Sunday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...mornin' jay.

just checking in to say

''HOLY CRAPPE!!!'' to tet's Bear Encounter...

PoolRunning this afternoon

................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

mrrun you will not be sorry about making that reservation.

evanflein I am really not sorry we lack the kind of outdoor preservation system you have going!

roachrunner blatant rule breaking! Rule #1 "No running in the rain!"©

Mariposai has made it down to her dad. He is still hanging on. Visits from the family are sadly limited to 30 minutes a day total.

DW went running with her friend this morning. Her friend was hurt and has just started up again. My DW was happy to her friend make it for 4 miles. That is good news on that front. I did an hour on the elliptical. Yesterday I finished up most of my chores. Today I just have to hang a poster up in the basement. My DW has started collecting posters from the marathons I have run. Looking about, another few races and wall space will start gettiing scarce.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - here's hoping you get that nap.

TomWhite - how is the hip doing?

Twocat - thanks for the Posie update.  While she can't see her Papa for long periods of time, I am hoping the gathering of family around her there will be a comfort.

Erika - Like Twocat said, I will take my garage freezer any day...

14.3 slow and sluggish miles for me today in 28-32 degrees.  Oh well, got it done, and nothing in particular hurts, so that is a blessing.

I am NOT looking forward to the work week ahead, so trying to get ahead on it today. The last week of the month is such a crunch for me anyway, and this month is a doosie....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

jay - I guess I had a Robing momemt too yesterday

when I found the second strobie while rummaging

around in a Christmas box in the garage.

I'm so happy for posie and papa pilo.

You're makin' him so happy.

Hope it can be well too.

Enough running in Seattle Maratjhon Walkathon to beat the seven

hour barrier and be 40 minutes faster than in than in Friday's Grandpa's

Wishbone 27-miler but making more and more of distant memory

of last month's 6:00:34 in the memorable RA-Reunion Portland Marathon.

Lots of time to have the motivation of memories in these old standby's,

especially the grinning goddess skirting through four tall guys

at her mile 14 (my 10) on her way to another of her 130+ AG wins

in just over a dozen years since no. 1 in 2003, . . . celebrating no. 100

with with Mariposai from downtown through to Chinatown she likes

in the International District, the associated mini-Boomer Reunion at the Pink Door,

francesca coasting up the I-90 ramps like a gentle breeze,

divechief's mile one nemesis, . . .

no wonder I love running so much.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Tet, who was that? The Goddess you referred to....

Well, my run today was sort of a bust, but at least I got out there, right? Was hoping for 15 miles, but the new snow we got last night made it such a struggle, and I left without my headlight and it was getting dark, so I pulled the plug at 10.6 miles. Oh well, good enough for 45.9 for the week (drat, should've done another .1 mile!) so I'm good with that. I figure with a Feb. 25 marathon, I can do ok with working on long runs starting mid to late December, and getting 1 to 2 20 milers should be fine. That's my plan for now, at least.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

erika - it's amy's grins that kept me goin' today

recalling better than any photograph could have

her darting in-and-out of runner-after-runner

comin' out of Seward Park in the 2005 Seattle Marathon.

That'll stay in my memory bank for a long time

as the express lanes on the Lake Washington

floating bridges'll be pre-empted by Light Rail

next year so who knows where we'll be running.

I hope she's doing okay.

ps - good job on bailing out of the approaching darkness

sine headlamp. I think every single driver who spots anyone

running in the sub-zero temperatures up there this time of year,

if they do, is surprised, shocked and probably not ready for it.

Glad you have lots of pedestrian/bike/ski/snowmobile options

(I think).  Be careful.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)