Masters Running

Back to Work (Read 157 times)

TomD

Well, my sugeon told me that I can go back to work next Monday.  I will only be able to work 4 hours a day for the first week.  I am also limited to lifting only 20# for the first two weeks.

The down side I can not pet or my hold my cats for another 2 or 3 weeks.   The same for running.  I may have the early stages of diabetes.  He says he usually tell people with diabetes they need to lose about 100#, but I did not have that much to spare, Thank God.  He told me that the diabetes sometimes shows up as early stages of diabetes and then disappears.

Anyway good and bad news.  The good news is good and the bad may not happen.  So the good is better than the bad right now.

TomD

wildchild

Carolyn

Tom, good news about going back to work!  I'd love to be able to work 4 hours per day.   That should let you get extra rest, and hopefully do some walking every day till you get strong enough to run.  Hope the diabetes goes away on its own.  I'm curious why you can't pet your cats?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Surely your cats don't weigh over 20 lbs? I mean... mine does, but most don't. Getting back to work in any capacity should be good for you. Sorry to hear about the diabetes, seems strange for someone in your shape.

Tom, I'm glad to hear you can go back to work.  That's got to be good for your morale.  I hope the diabetes thing is a false alarm.

TomS

TomD

wildchild and evanflein,

I need to avoid my cats, because of possible infection.  I still have some healing to do.

TomD

Maniac 505

Tom:

so glad there is <some> good news.  I bet the poor kitties don't know what's going on.  I too hope the diabetes thing is a false positive.  We all know you are doing everything right.  I am doing <most> things right but I started taking blood pressure medicine this morning,  probably will have to for the rest of my life.  unfortunately we can't choose our parents.

Heal quickly my friend.

Dave