Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 9.12.13 (Read 45 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

We finally got a break in the rain, and I went out for 5 trail miles in Golden Gate Canyon State park.  The trails are in pretty good shape - not too muddy.   And our local roads are fine too - but the pictures from Boulder and Estes Park and parts of Denver look pretty bad, with all the flooding.  We're lucky that it's steep enough that it doesn't flood here, but not so steep that we worry about mudslides, and we're not near any  major creeks or steep narrow canyons.

Good luck to Posie and Twocat at your relay, and I hope you meet up with Jay and Deez!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

mrrun

Henry/Marj - where in Maine will you be?  I'm staying in Kittery tomorrow night then heading to Freeport Sat. morning.

we're not going until tuesday the 17th for an art museum tour - waterville, brunswick and portland - 2 colleges and portland.  henry's DS lives in kittery so we're there often and stopping to see 10 month GD on way up.

MTA - wildchild, glad you're ok

Marathon Maniac #957

This is a big day for the posie family. Son David just  left from Seattle today to fly to Washington DC to then fly on the weekend to Macedonia for Peace Corps. Bitter sweet moment.

Yes, for sure a bitter-sweet moment for Posie Mama - I am right there with you, my friend.  I know how hard it would be for me to see my wonderful DS go far away.  (And this may yet happen.)  And yet, I am excited for him and a little envious as well.  What a great adventure he is embarking upon!  This will give him a lifetime of memories.  You must be so proud of him!  And with Skype and some visits, he will be closer than you think.  Enjoy your relay and your time with Twocat - what an adventure YOU are having as well!

(((Denise)))

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Great picture of Twocat and mari.  It sounds like they are having a fantastic time.  CNY, happy birthday.

Nice long runs for Aamos, Tramps, Twocat, and mari.

This morning, it was in the mid 60s and there was a light wind.  I got in 8 miles at an 11:21 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mike E

MM #5615

Would anybody happen to know Saturday's forecast for Conifer, CO?

TammyinGP

david coming into the finish chute of the XC meet. 1st place overall. it's a 3K course 10:57. PR from last season was 11:24. he was SO happy to not only win but PR on a 98 degree day!

Tammy

evanflein

Mike, probably rain if I were to venture a guess....

Have fun, Mariposai! Relays are so much fun!

{{Denise}} hang in there, mom.

ETA: congrats to David! That's awesome! And wow... that's hot!

I actually took a rest day yesterday. Not really by choice, but the weather turned so awful I just didn't have the gumption to get out there in it. The rain was bad enough, but then the wind picked up and made it truly unpleasant. Good enough, I'd run 18 days in a row with a couple of tough runs in there, so it was time anyway. Today was foggy in the morning, but it cleared off to be a beautiful afternoon. I took a "late lunch" and went for a trail run at 1. A little soggy in spots, but still nice to get out there on the trails. 5.8 miles, ran it pretty hard and ended up with 8:20'something average. Nice.

Marathon Maniac #957

Great job David!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Tammy--did he lead from start to finish, or did he pss that kid near the end?  Congratulations!

Latent Runner

Jay - I am thinking about heading to Hampton Beach sometime Sat. afternoon to cheer in the RTB runners.  If you pm me your cell number, maybe we could meet up - I'll be in touch with Posai as well!!

Thanks for cheering us on, I got roped in as a last minute replacement for one of the crazy (and in full of lunatics) "Ultra" teams; it was great having so many folks out along the latter parts of the course feeding us as much energy as they could.

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
                      • 2-mile: 13:49
                      • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
                      • 5-Mile: 37:24
                      • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
                      • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
                      • Half Marathon: 1:42:13