Masters Running

Feb. 1 Master/Boomer Runs and whatever (Read 526 times)

Tramps

Pouring rain (which we need) and 33F this morning. Do I really want to do intervals that much? No. If I have time and the rain lets up, I may try to squeeze some sort of run in later. Otherwise, an unscheduled rest day. Have a good weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

7 easy miles followed by a 1 mile recovery walk with my running partner T...Sorry to hear it's not going good for you {{{{Deb}}}}... TGIF... Holly ,good luck with your 20 on Sunday,you'll do well in Beantown...
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        "City where Byzantium used to be", 8 letters. Hmmm. Dark Horse? Roch? Help here. Spareribs
        Too easy: Istanbul. Well, the local weather appears to have cried "Wolf" yet again. I actually took a snow day from work since I didn't want to have to fight my way home later in the day in 10" of snow. Looks like we got about 4" and I don't see anything coming on the radar. But I'm still staying home today. And not running for a while yet (minor setback on the healing process). Good runs to everyone today and this weekend, if you can do 'em!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Holly, I hope your son's birthday party goes/went well. Also, congrats on the monthly mileage PR. dg, I'm sending you best wishes for your dental work to go well. Jlynne, sorry to hear about your accident. You didn't say otherwise so I assume you're ok. Nice long runs for jjj, PDR, breger (progression and felt good), Holly, Twocat, dtoce (with speedwork), jjj (another one and abductor behaved), Sound (with speedwork), and CNY. Good job on the speedwork for perch, mc, and charley. As roch mentioned, we had forecasts for lots of snow. When I got up, there were several inches, it was snowing, and more was forecast. I debated outside or TM. I planned on 12 miles and was concerned how bad it would get in approximately 2 hours so did the TM. Due to guilt feelings about wimping out, I did an extra mile. Therefore, it was 13 miles at 1% and 6.3 mph (9:31 pace). When I went out for a newspaper later, I found conditions about like hopeful described. Maybe it wouldn't have been too bad outside, but what's done is done and I got in some miles. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
            The freezing rain has stayed around all morning. Not very inviting for going out to run, especially since I was feeling like a flu bug was coming on last night. So today is officially declared a "rest" day. Sounds like most of you have managed to sneak some miles in despite the weather. I always enjoy watching what some of you near me are facing for weather. A few miles can sometimes bring a big change in conditions. Have a great weekend everyone.
            Vista
              As no one mentioned, we had forecasts for lots of sunshine. When I got up, there were several sunbeams, the sun was shining, and more was forecast. I debated outside or TM. I planned on 12 miles and was concerned how sunburned I would get in approximately 2 hours so did the TM. Due to guilt feelings about wimping out, I did an extra mile. Therefore, it was 13 miles at 1% and 6.3 mph (9:31 pace). When I went out for a newspaper later, I found conditions about like no one described. Maybe it wouldn't have been too bad outside, but what's done is done and I got in some miles with no sunburn. Bill (grinning, ducking and running)

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

evanflein

Rest day here, but I'll probably do something later on. Morning vs. Evening, yes it all depends on what works for you. I always seem to have too much going on at home to get to bed before 10 or 11... I do work 7:30 t0 4:30, moving that up half an hour to help with the after work running. But also, I find running such a great relief and stress buster for me. I work in a sometimes stressful job (dealing with sick, injured, dying employees/family members, health care crises, etc) so by the time I'm off work, I really need the run to clear my head and put work behind me. I think that's why I sometimes feel bad and drained at the end of a non-running day... Hi Deb, hope things go ok... JJJ, you're so good.

Marathon Maniac #957

TomS – way to go with 13 miles on the treadmill! Those long TM runs can be rough. {{{Vista}}} Breger – that’s okay, go ahead, just rub it in, but this summer, when you’re out there slogging through 88 degrees and 98% humidity at 4am, and at my house it will be a lovely and cool 60, I’ll be having the last laugh. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly, if Eugene goes as hoped, I may do the 5K2C program till about November ... Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Mustang Sally smacks Boogle around a bit with a nice, wild-caught salmon Was at the track last night. After the 2k warmup, Coach announces the workout: 5x1km @ MP, 200m recovery. "Except you, Sally. Six for you." As I swing around the first 400, she perks up and yells, "Great pacing, everybody! Except for you, Sally. Dial it up to HMP, please." Great. Split time Max. HR 5:06 168 (85%) 5:00 171 (87%) 4:59 173 (88%) 4:58 172 (88%) 5:01 174 (89%) 4:57 172 (88%) So I coast into the finish, and she says, "OK, everybody! Jog 400 and get out of this sleet and go home! Except for you, Sal. 2k on the Ring Road, please." I think she likes me. Dead It was actually a great workout. I'm glad to be resting today.
                        Pouring rain (which we need) and 33F this morning. Do I really want to do intervals that much?
                        yeah tramps, i'm struggling with this one too. like breger. the temp is 48f. i brought a tshirt, but that's really only comfy above 50f, and a heavier long sleeve, but that's really best below 45f. unfortunately they're both white, so the intense sunlight won't help keep me warmer in that tshirt. (oh, gotta find the sunscreen too) debating whether to call off my lunch run for a rest day instead. have i said recently how much i admire all you guys running in cold weather? Big grin (edtied to add: oops, temp just went up to 54f. looks like another tshirt day afterall. ho hum. )

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

As no one mentioned, we had forecasts for lots of sunshine. When I got up, there were several sunbeams, the sun was shining, and more was forecast. I debated outside or TM. I planned on 12 miles and was concerned how sunburned I would get in approximately 2 hours so did the TM. Due to guilt feelings about wimping out, I did an extra mile. Therefore, it was 13 miles at 1% and 6.3 mph (9:31 pace). When I went out for a newspaper later, I found conditions about like no one described. Maybe it wouldn't have been too bad outside, but what's done is done and I got in some miles with no sunburn. Bill (grinning, ducking and running)
                          It is a good thing that you run faster than me!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

<note>> Mary, impressive snowy run! Good on you. tselbs - I never tire of seeing my name in your posts. Thank you for doing that for us. Rest day here. 16 or so on tap for tomorrow. I kinda sorta think I'm tapering again. TGIF folks. Head this song this a.m. for the first time in a while. Good Friday music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Vzrfkg-HY I backed my car into a cop car the other day Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok I ran my mouth off a bit too much oh what did I say Well you just laughed it off it was all ok And we'll all float on ok And we'll all float on ok And we'll all float on ok And we'll all float on any way ...</note>

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

4.0 miles @ 15m/m easy ultra pace It’s a month early and I sure didn't feel like I was floating as I didn’t intend on ending this winter’s taper until the 3/9 Mercer Island Half Marathon with Soudi/Enki/Franci but it was nice morning (40 degrees and break in yesterday afternoon’s rain) and somehow couldn’t resist putting on my running shoes, . . . I mean taking off my shoes for a first non-race run in a February in more than 20 years, maybe because of thinking about Mari’s Maraton Internacional Paraguay this weekend all by herself so here’s four miles for you dear posie.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Tet is posting a training run????!!! So glad I was here to witness it! And thanks for the reminder on Mari's marathon this weekend. I told her I would run some miles with her and I plan on doing 11 Sunday a.m. - solo - so I'll pretend we are running together. with all my schedule interruptions in January, I still managed to get in 90 miles this month. More than I thought it would be. I think one week I was only able to get in 13 miles. Sheesh - could have been a PR mileage month for me if I could have stuck to my planned schedule a bit more. but that's okay. I'm in week 4 of marathon training, so I will be hitting some monthly PR's here shortly. I have a short run planned at lunchtime(4 miles), but will do a hillwork program on the TM to make it more intense.

Tammy