Masters Running

January Masters Miles Awards (Read 51 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

"Running is not, as it so often seems, only about what you did in your last race or about how many miles you ran last week. It is, in a much more important way, about community, about appreciating all the miles run by other runners, too."     --Richard O'Brien

I like this quote!  Very fitting for a monthly mileage thread.  So in appreciation of all the miles run by all of you in this wonderful community, it's time once again to post your January miles and any PRs and AG wins.  Awards given for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, and prime numbers, and I won't be as late with the awards as I was for December!

I took this picture yesterday evening, on the Highline Canal trail in Denver.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Beautiful quote and picture!

19.8 miles, yup, total.  Do I win an award???

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

TammyinGP

I love that quote! I might have to snag it.

I ran 78.7 miles in January.

nothing spectacular about that except that I think I only had a couple months in all of 2012 where I ran above 80 miles, so I'm pleased with the increase in miles in Jan after such a slacker 2012.

Tammy

#artbydmcbride

207.1 miles

2 half marathons, 1 PR

1 10k

Runners run

C-R

Thanks Wild and nice pic. 213.3 for me this month  No races so nothing to report

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

wild, nice quote and nice picture.

95 miles for Jan

TomS

Tramps

Yup, great quote and pic.  I had forgotten it was the 31st until I saw this thread!

255 miles; a good one.

Be safe. Be kind.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

72 miles all on trails.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Beautiful photo! And yes, very poignant quote. Thanks again for all you do, Carolyn.

January = 189.1 miles

Coastal

Jan = 281.85.  It was a good month.  Started with a 10K PR.

Hope Feb is as good.

Thanks again, Carolyn.  Another month, another beautiful picture.

224.1 miles for me -- I also had a good month.

Cheers!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

70.6 miles for me this month.  Could be highest ever, certainly of the last couple years.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

jeffdonahue

128.3 miles for me in January - hoping to go farther in February (even with less days).

Jeff F

Free Beer

Wow, there are some people who put in some major miles.  I feel pretty good about hitting 150 miles for January; the most for me in almost two years.  Hope to keep that up for the rest of 2013.

pfriese

Thanks Carolyn for the great year-end report and for continuing on with this thread series in 2013.

January totals:

Running: 91.8 miles

Biking: 238.5 miles

Swimming: 6.5 miles

No races so far this year.

Paul