Masters Running

40/40 Thread for Week Ending 5/11/08 (Read 612 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

For those of you who are new, this is the 40/40 thread, for people who are over 40 years old who run or aspire to run 40 miles/week. We give Free Passes to those who come really close or try really hard... Here's what I have for last week's tally, although with so many big races recently, not everyone is here. If I missed anyone or got something wrong, just let me know.
    WhoMilesCommentary
    Perch55.2 No race goal yet, but still running strong.
    Tallrunner54 Nice 24-miler! Now it’s taper time.
    Slojim48.23 Congrats on the weekly mileage PR.
    Hermosaboy45.6 Lots of racing going on here.
    Breger45.2 Eugene Marathon! Bill, even if it wasn’t your best time, you finished, and that in itself is an accomplishment.
    Biketm43 And 120 miles cycling!
    Holly42.3 Flying Pig Marathon! Last marathon for a while – whew!
    SirWalksalot 41.66 With a HM in there. SWAL, sorry it’s taking me so long to get to your RR, but I have my eye on it.
    TomD40.7 Lincoln Marathon! Welcome back, Tom!
    DfromBG40.1 Indianapolis HM – course PR!
    Busiman36 Quality running.
    Evenflein32.35 With a 5K race – no PR, but still a respectable time.
    Coach Bryant30 Jump on in, Coach!
    PJH29.6 Easing back.
    Here's my plan for the week. I'm not going to make the 40 this week, still reverse tapering, but hopefully will be back in the swing by next week.
    DayPlanActualCommentary
    Monday00 Rest day
    Tuesday55 Easy pace
    Wednesday5 0 Resting sore knees
    Thursday5 6 Stony Hill run
    Friday0 0 Made cinnamon rolls instead
    Saturday5 7.55 miles Easy pace
    Sunday10-12 11.3 miles Easy Pace
    Total30-32 29.85 miles

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Holly! Still just a drifter... running to a plan for nuth'n just because..
      DayPlan Actual Comments
      Monday 4 mi recovery4 mi30 min elliptical hard climb then 4 mi at 9:03
      Tuesday8 mi GA6.2 mino time ...ran 4 miles avg 7:45
      Wednesday7 mi w/ 6x800m7.6 midid 4x800 at 3:20's
      Thursday5 mi Recovery6 miwith Tory
      Friday7 mi GA7 mi8:02 pace
      Saturday4 mi recovery4 miwith Tory
      Sunday17 mi LR18.2 mi about 9:20ish through woods and hills in the rain
      Total5353.0nice to just RUN... broke 1000 miles this week!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

I Can Go The Distance

Thanks Holly! I am bumping up my mileage, so I thought I would join the club.
        DayPlanActualComments
        MondayRest Day
        Tuesday6 miles w/6x800Done
        Wednesday6 miles easyDone
        Thursday6 miles w/2x2 miles @Tempo paceDone
        Friday6 miles easyDone
        Saturday6 miles easyDone
        Sunday10 mile LR@MPDone
        Total40 milesDoneNew weekly milage PR!

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

TomD

Hoping to get over 50 miles this week. Monday - 4.00 miles Wednesday - 8.70 miles Thursday - 5.50 miles Friday - 3.60 miles Saturday - 2.50 miles Sunday - 31.50 miles TIMTAM 50k Total - 55.80 miles TomD
          evanflein

Busy soccer week, DH in Denver all week, friend coming to stay Friday and Saturday, truck in the shop... Good Lord this week is a mess. Not sure what I'll get in as far as running goes. Kind of nice to let life get in the way every now and then...
            Day Plan Actual Comments
            MondayXT day or rest0 MilesRest Day by default; too much going on!
            Tuesday56.1 milesGot up early to get this done, 8:34 avg pace
            Wednesday6-8 miles8.25 MilesWonderful tempo run, 8:00 m/m avg pace
            Thursday5 miles EZ6 miles8:17 avg pace, faster than intended
            FridayRest Day0 milesSoccer game, 3rd win!
            Saturday6 miles7.75 miles8:09 avg pace, trying out new HM pace...(first soccer loss)
            Sunday8-10 miles12.5 milesoverheated, 8:24 avg pace, plus walked 1 mile
            Totals:~30-34 Miles40.6 miles actual total
            Hey, I broke 40 this week! Wasn't planning on that...
              Hoping to have my first week of 40 or close to 40 miles Smile
              DayPlanActualCommentary
              Monday3.0 Easy5.0Felt great...had to keep going! 8:57 pace
              Tuesday6.0 Tempo6.0 1/2 mi WU/CD and 5 miles @7:47 pace
              Wednesday3.0 Easy5.0 Semi-recovery run. 9:23 pace
              Thursday5.0Rest Life in the way Smile
              Friday5.07.0 2 mi WU/CD @ 10 min pace and 5 mi @ 8:35 pace
              Saturday9.0Rest Rest
              SundayRest/Mother's Day9.0 8:38 pace
              Total40.032.0
              Well...couldn't quite get to 40 miles, but this is my highest mileage week to date and I feel pretty good about it. Took an extra day of rest because of some knee pain....
              Personal Records 5K - 21:35

Marathon Maniac #957

Coach - Twocat put together a macro to give us the columns and headers. If you e-mail me at hollys4874 at yahoo dot com, I can forward the macro attachment to you.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thanks for all the effort Holly...really appreciated. Starting to taper for Ottawa with 19 days to go (Yowza) M - rest T- 10 Intervals on the track with the team plus warm up and cool down W - 0 T - 10 ez F - 0 S - 12 (including a 10K prep race - hopefully blazingly fast with but tired legs who knows) S - 12 4 ez, 4 at MP, 4 ez Total planned: 44 miles

Recent Best times: None recently

I am baaaaak! Big grin Big grin Big grin <= three="" cheers="" for="" me!="" ;)="" coach="" you="" can="" also="" just="" click="" the="" link="" in="" my="" signature="" line="" and="" get="" the="" macro.=""></=>
                    DayPlanActualForecastReality
                    Monday66.05 Pain free!
                    Tuesday1111.31 Longest run since my return.
                    Wednesday6 6.53 With TP. Nice to have company again. She is as fast as ever! Working to get myself back in shape
                    Thursday12 12.47 With TP. Early rain washed out run with TP. Ran alone later on.
                    Friday6 6.43 With some friends. Forecast rain, cancelled run. Rain held off went early alone. Oh well.
                    Saturday13 16.42 Flying off to Israel Ran with the local running club for 15.4 miles. Yakked for a bit then ran home the last mile.
                    Sunday0 0 Will run a few miles to remove jet lag if possible. Guessing, but I may not be able to update until next Thursday.
                    Total54 59.21
                    I am guessing I will not run on Sunday. My flight gets in at 4:30 and I have to go to a reception at 7:30. I suspect a three hour window will not let me get in even a short run of some sort. In any event, since I may not have internet access until next Thursday when I return I figured I should total things up on Saturday just in case.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

HM buzz is over.....time to shlog more miles..... M--11.7, 1:45:54, 136/161 T--6.35 untimed in the AM W--7.66, 1:14:13, 131/175. more like a sluggish recovery run TH- 7.66, 1:06:23, AM run, felt better than yesterday F--7.66, 1:04:42, some MP miles in there, 146/164 S--7.66, 1:00:12, progression from 8:19 to 7:28, 150/170 S--19.33, 2:58:07, last long run. 141/161 Total: 68.02.........just 'bout taper time

Marathon Maniac #3309

< hmm.....how="" do="" i="" get="" the="" macro="" to="" /> Good luck with that, LOL. I never could figure that one out. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Starting the week off sick, but I will still shoot for 40 miles....hate being sick and it messing with my workouts Angry Thanks Holly, and great job with your Marathons, you Maniac ....whew Smile Mon - rest, being sick Tues - 7.2 miles - stupid run and felt horrible Weds - 10.0 miles - still feel sick, but got it done Thurs - 8 easy miles in pouring rain Big grin But but probably wasn't good for me with the cold I am struggling with Roll eyes Friday - rest - sick Sat - 13 miles - bonked at end Sun - 6.5 easy miles, that didn't feel too easy Total - 44.7 miles - probably hardest week ever Sad Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

hmm.....how do I get the macro to work?
                            The link in my signature line is to a self extracting zip file that includes detailed directions on how get the macro to work. Basically, you need to change a security setting in Word.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

pfriese

Holly, I think I withdrew from the thread a bit hastily as I will run >40 miles over the next couple of weeks. So, I'm applying for readmission.
                              DayMilesComment
                              Monday5.0 miles done
                              Tuesday7.1 miles done
                              Wednesdayrest daydone
                              Thursday8.1 miles done
                              Friday4.8 miles done
                              Saturday4.6 miles done
                              Sunday16.3 miles done
                              Total45.9 miles DONE
                              Congrats on becoming a maniiac. Paul
                                Holly, put me of the Free Pass list for the next few weeks. I need toe that fine line between reverse tapering and losing condition. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong