Masters Running

Monday Daily 5-8-17 a.k.a. "Welcome to the working week..." (Read 33 times)

Tramps

Welcome to the working week
    Oh, I know it don't thrill you, I hope it don't kill you
    Welcome to the working week
    You gotta do it till you're through it, so you better get to it

Just a fly-by to get us started.

Some nice race reports over on that thread.

EZ 6 for me today on a beautiful cool Spring morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave59

Break out the gloves, it was 34° this morning.  I ran 4.35 but I was really tired today so it was slow.  Could be from only drinking coffee and beer yesterday.  I'll try water today.

I had bought some odd craft beers a couple weeks ago but then I had an issue with my jaw being sore and the doctor gave me something for that which said if I drink while taking it my stomach will start bleeding. So I had to stare at the beer in the fridge until I was off the medicine and then I had to go and try one of each.  I didn't really like any of them and it has put me off drinking I think.  At least for a few weeks maybe.  Trouble is, I like watching English shows on Netflix like Midsomer Murders and Inspector Lewis and they are always "going out for a pint" and it always looks so good on the screen.  I end up craving a pint of my own.

pfriese

Thanks for the daily start Tramps.

An easy 6 miles around town this morning. Summer is moving in so my runs are starting earlier & earlier.

Paul

TammyinGP

Hi all,

Up early at the Moore household. David had to leave this morning at 5:40 a.m. to get to school by 6:00. It's tennis Districts day one, and he's playing about 1.5 miles from my office in Medford, so he'll text when he's warming up to play a match and I'll pop out of the office to go watch. He'll have 3 matches today, with his 2nd match being the toughest. He says it'll likely be the toughest match he's ever played - going up against the #2 guy in the District.  But if he makes it past that one, then his 3rd match should be a fairly easy win for him. 
          Then we have FBLA awards and recognition dinner at the school at 5:00 tonight so a very busy day, which means zero time for running.

Have a good day!

Tammy

3.1 to start the week.  Going to a somewhat controversial speaker lunch today at a table our company bought and female senior management was invited.   I agreed to go out of curiosity.  I hope I'm not on the news.  Kellyanne Conway.  It will be picketed.

2.2 after work (that's  two point two-  the decimal is hard to see on my computer....Smile

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Be safe. Be kind.

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 for me.

On a glorious day, sunshine, not too hot and a little bit of a cool breeze, my legs were just being sluggish to start. I just went at the pace they seemed to want me to go, and by the end I was a min/mile faster for the same effort.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Mike E

MM #5615

Go David!!

Good luck, RunnerKSA...you'll need it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

sunny five miles.

Hey, whaddya supposed to do when you're too tired

from digging up mud in the garden all weekend

but it's too sunny of a Monday morning

to skip the weekday's five miler?

Not as cold as dave-land but, since 48o seemed chilly,

I checked temps at Erika-land to feel better.
                    Nope, same 48o up there TOO.

jay - I like more action music too much to be interested in blues but, nevertheless, I checked your Peggy Lee link to see if it might be Fever that I never thought had anything to do with the blues.  It was and it did.  Thanks.

'

ps dg - regarding counting the 463 spider webs last week when it's hard enough to count a couple of hundred of the stairs on stairways here-and-there I like to climb up, I guess I was so focused on such amazing numbers I'd never seen before, nothin' could distract me.

pps - I wonder if posie saw any bare feet or bear feet over at Bloomsday as in past years?

ppps rka - ask her what, if anything, she gets a chance to do for exercise

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Just a couple dozen picketers but the luncheon had a strange vibe-  mix of corporate types (like our table) and our representative's political supporters (very conservative).

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

My last day of classes for the semester!!!!   Now for a fun filled week of meetings!  Other than that there was an hour on the elliptical. Tomorrow morning it will be a short run early on and then in for a day of sitting and listening to people yak.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

spacityrunner

When I started running the trails on the mountains here in 2012, (they are really just little hills, Renee and Tammy showed me that ) the trail run coordinator for our running club ran with me every time I showed up to run.  He wanted to make sure I was comfortable with the trail system.  I was very slow, and cautious, and he stayed with me.  for every run, for over a year.  Until I was confident in my trail running/trail knowledge.

Today I showed up to run the trails and the trail coordinator is no longer able to run as he is dealing with a knee injury.  He still shows up for every run, and gives us the suggested route, but now he lopes along.  I stayed with him for the run.  We chatted and had a grand old time out there.  No one else stayed with him...everyone else took off.  I know that he is OK with that (and expects it) but I sure didn't want to leave him.  so, 4.4 miles in 1:16 for a nice and easy 17 m/m.  It felt good to give what I have received.  Oh and I love running the mountain.

Trails Rock!

Mike E

MM #5615

I think I like you, spacityrunner.

Tramps

I think I like you, spacityrunner.

+1

Also,

Be safe. Be kind.

That was so nice of you spacityrunner, I am sure he appreciated it.

Yeah for school's almost out for summer, Twocat!

I hope David did well today, Tammy. He sounds like a great kid.

I am looking forward to reading the race reports from this weekend. Thanks for getting that started again Mariposai.

We had a picture perfect weekend and got to enjoy it with DD and family. We had the three grandkids all to ourselves on Saturday and only lost track of the three year old twice!  Busy little people they are and brave enough to jump into the lake. We had snow last Monday and today was in the 80's. I love the change of seasons here in MN. I need to start running in the mornings too. Tonight I went out but only went for 3.1 and drank a whole bottle of water.

See ya later, it's bedtime for me. When is this hockey going to end anyway?

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich