Masters Running

Powerful Thursday (Read 44 times)

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Twocat, I didn't create it. That's the site Let Me Google That For You (http://lmgtfy.com/), a cute little (albeit passive-aggressive) way to get people to look up things on their own on Google. The best part is when it says "Now was that so hard?". Big grin

Rest day for me today, aside from my never-ending planks. And speaking of which, as January is coming to a close, the monthly plank challenge is continuing, with February's version starting up tomorrow. It's going to be SUPER!

Don't feel bad Mike. I actually belong to a club called Idiots Running Club on FB. We're proud to be idiots.

...yeah,

that probably helped.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Thanks for thinking of me Starr.  Going out for dinner and a concert with the ex tomorrow night.  Not sure how this is going to go.  I've gotten over a lot of the anger, well, for the moment that is.

Knees were very bad yesterday, but feel better today.  Gosh, I used to be able to abuse my body a lot more than this.....now I can't get away with anything!

I love my Garmin 610.  But....it seems to measure my usual routes just a bit longer, anyone else notice that?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

TammyinGP

I'm looking forward to the new challenge OM!

5 mile run at lunch for me. Not sure if this would be tempo pace or not?

45:44 = 9.17, 9.11, 9.15, 9.07, 8.50 for an average of 9.08.

found .41 cents too!

Tammy

Tramps, it sounds like you had a tough run yesterday.  I hope the next one is better.  Tammy, congrats to your son.  mari, nice tempo run.  Starr, it's good to hear from you.

Nice long run for OM and good job on the speedwork for evan.

This morning, the temp wasn't terrible but there was wicked wind with even worse gusts so I got in 5 miles on the TM at a 10:48 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Tramps

TW makes me laugh, too.

So does Mike.

BTW, I like "define" in Google because it saves you from having to click through to any individual site.

Blustery but pleasant EZ 7-miler.  What a difference a day--and 25 degrees--makes.

ETA: and "Bring the Duct Tape" is never bad advice.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Planks again?

(sigh)

I was hoping I would learn to love them, but alas, they still seem more like torture than fun....

I suppose that means I need to do more of them....Roll eyes

I would probably notice my tighter abs if I didn't have a layer of flab on top.  Joking

1 mile on the TM to warm up this morning, then 30 minutes or so of weights and core and planks.

DS turned 16 today.  Where does the time go?  Undecided  He was 5 lbs when he was born, smaller than the sock monkey his GM bought for him.  Now he's nearly 190 lbs, tall and broad.  Not my little boy anymore.....

Only 4 more weeks until March!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good run Holly!! Hope you are doing well. Very blustery day here. intervals were fun...the 400 meters down the slight hill were good but going up into the head wind...phew...the legs were feeling it...nothing more mileage wont help solve as well as losing my fat tummy...eating chicken in tomatoes and garlic that has been cooking in my slow cooker all day..yummy

Recent Best times: None recently

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Power lunch two powerful ultra-goddesses today.

francesca / jon / marilou

they were both in a 72-hour race across Arizona at the end of the year with  francesca already ecstatic about a 200 mile, three day ultra in the Seattle area in May.  Not that I'm so easily influenced by the goddesses anymore so  I only signed up for the 150-mile option.

Francesca had her tried-and-true shoes with marilou sporting a colorful  new Brooks test shoe. However, though maybe better than my Merrell thongs, I didn't get a stong recommendation to take on 150 miles in my Croc clogs.  oh well.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Holly, I know what you mean about the time going fast. I took a bag of unused school supplies to my boys' elementary school and told the secretary my Joy Elementary alumni were 18 and almost 21 so didn't think we'd need the filler paper and colored pencils anymore.

Enke... Ouch, already referring to him as the ex...  Hope your knee is ok.

i think it was either Pro From Dover or WRFB who did that "Let Me Google That For You" to me some time ago. Yeah, always makes you feel smart...

Went to the gym today and cranked out 2.7 miles on the elliptical and 15 minutes of abs/core stuff plus squats (ugh) then ran after work in the garage for 5.1 miles. Then DH and I went to see "Flight" with Denzel Washington. Good movie, but not for Mike with his plane phobias.