Masters Running

Running with Sissors, Paper, and Stone - A Double RR plus Boomer meeting (Read 258 times)

GreenMan

http://runningahead.com/forums/post/197e8a885c86492690a05f59db8bc290#focus
    Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
      This is just amazing JJJessee. You are an amazing runner and the combination of adventure, athleticism, caring about friends and appreciating every aspect of your surroundings. Thanks for such a wonderful report and for being so generous and sharing it here. How wonderful to have a Boomer meeting as well. That's my favorite part of racing these days! Marvelous Triple J---you are wonderful. CNYrunner
        Very inspiring reading JJJ. A true trail poet you are. Thanks for taking me on your journey. I'm a cave claustrophobic too. Yikes. enke

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

3J - you won't get any dgl's with those kinds of time but it sounds like you had just as much fun

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Wears me out just reading it. Congratulations on running both of these events! You write some fine RRs.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Hey JJJ, hope your quads and scratched up butt cheek are better now. You are a superb writer and billy goat runner! It's astounding how you crammed in all that running and dining in one weekend. Glad you got to meet some of the heavy hitter cool running boomers. Rest well, you earned it p.s. Like my hubby says, you are only young once, but you can be immature forever.

King of PhotoShop

I make my living as a writer, but I'll be darned if I can do something like this: "In nature’s temple, the body becomes a censer swinging along mountainsides, across hollows and streams by the priest in the sky wearing a backpack. In a primal sense, sanctity moves from the higher echelons of conjecture and the unfathomable to the incarnate and ubiquitous." Certainly a delightful report to read and savor. Oh by the way, you can run too! Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow! Amazing weekend of running, JJJ! You are tough, tough, tough....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Very well done JJJJJ both the runs and the report. I was just looking at some adventure type races in my neck of the woods the oher day mostly because you make it sound like so much fun. I found a few but what I also found out is you need to sign up early and pray for an opening because these are ecology minded people and they limit the entrys so not to make a big impact. Another reason why I like the idea of doing some of these. Thanks for sharing

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

SteveP

Triple J!!! Sweet RRs!!!! And a supper Boomer gathering!!!!! God bless Knoxville!!

SteveP

btb1490

That wasn't a report, that was poetry. You are just as gifted with your words as you are with your running and your friendship with others. Thanks JJJ. Keep running and keep writing. We are lucky to have you here.

GreenMan

Thanks, you guys are my daily inspiration. You all are great teachers, every one of you. Halllar, you'll love the experience. Look for a new small event that's just getting off the ground. Organization may not be perfect, so be prepared. It is an adventure. Big grin Tet, I hope my feet to be as strong as yours some day. jjj
                          Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                            You have set a new level for RR's! Fabulous. Thanks for sharing.
                              I'm in awe of your accomplishments and your beautiful writing. Thank you for sharing.

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Tramps

Nice going, JJJ. I love the spirit of your reports. Some great running experiences here!

Be safe. Be kind.