Masters Running

Let's help Stumpy run his first marathon! (Read 54 times)

Then the other is to say "I Do Believe in Ice Cream" as many times as it takes to finish your run run run. Then make sure you get it

Great mantra, Tag!!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Got to the Seattle Rock’n’Roll Expo just in time for the Frank-Shorter/Steve Scott panel.
      Frank mentioned how many runners mistakenly think they’ve failed if they miss some pre-race target time but that 26.2 miles is an extraordinary success at any pace, to say nothing of being a unique opportunity to learn something about yourself too, not just in running.  In fact, sometimes failure can be a pretty good success.
      When he asked the audience how many of their friends had asked them about their times in their first marathons, nobody raised their hand.  Asking how many of those friends were impressed about running 26.2, or walking, they don’t care how or how long, everyone’s hands went up.
      I remember almost everything about my first marathon which was 36 years ago this weekend as if was yesterday. You will too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Well said, Tet!

Looks like mile #12 is still open.  I think I can manage that one, too, since Arla and I are sharing 21.  Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

I guess the Easy Pacer wants to hang out with Tag and I.

Go Stumpy go!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

an amazing likeness

Nice article in today's Sunday paper on Stumpy's marathon.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Boy, do you guys know how to make someone feel special Embarrassed  Back not long ago from the land of no cell phone and wireless so not caught up at all.  Except this thread--Thank you so much for all the good vibes.

Yes I did finish!!  And I did have a good time.  And it was very painful at times.  But I chatted with a whole lot of really nice people, ran as much as I could, and walked when necessary.  Ended up getting together with another virgin for that last 9 miles and got each other through the end.

a lot of people that know about these things said that it was one of the hilliest courses they'd done.  I may agree with them.  And for what it matters 5:29:10 and I'm very happy with it!!

A lot more details and a few pictures will follow--just wanted to stop in and say Hi and Thanks again.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Henrun

Hope I'm the first to congratulate you on this thread. You did it! Maybe the Bruins can also do it.

Mike E

MM #5615

Congratulations, Stumpy!  You're a marathoner!  That's good...right?

#artbydmcbride

Hooray for Stumpy!  Smile

Runners run

Queen of 3rd Place

Way to go!!! And, finally! You've been thinking about doing this for a long time, I'm so happy for you that you finally got there and had a good time!

Ex runner