Masters Running

Friday the 13th Windy Runs (Read 34 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Twocat - I am so sorry....

Mike - you are a good dad.

P90X Chest, Shoulders and Triceps for me today (an admittedly half-hearted effort, since this was my first time doing this workout and I didn't want to cripple myself), then 10 minutes of Ab Ripper X, then 6.1 miles in a windy 39 degrees.

Hang in there, folks.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sayhey! MM#130

Really, really sorry tc.  We'll be thinking of you and dw--take good care of her.    If and when you feel like it, let us know what happened.

6.1 for me too, Holly, but we had more temp, less wind.

Make it a good one.  Embrace the 13.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

wildchild

Carolyn

Twocat, so sorry for your loss.  Hugs to your DW and her siblings - take care of them.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

King of PhotoShop

Checking in here today only to offer condolences to our friend twocat, his wife and family. I am so sorry.  Spareribs

Twocat, so sorry to read of your MIL's death. Our sympathy and prayers to your family.

Hope your night was uneventful Mike.

I got nothing for today. Got up at 3:45 to be at the Y for 4:30 to do all of the opening duties. Forgot how much I don't miss working that shift. I see a nap in my future...

2Kitty - I am so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law.  My prayers are with you and your family at this very difficult time.

Mike - You're a good dad.

Tet - I never looked at all those traveling hours to be good training. 

My cold is trying to get the best of me and trying to settle in my chest, so I went back to bed after feeding the zoo crew.  I've been sick since I got home!  Geez.  Guess that's what I get for going on a 3-week vacation clear to the other side of the world.

Have a good weekend, peeps ~~

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

So sorry Twocat, condolences to your wife.

I got nothing.  No run.  Babying the knee a little here.  Hope to run tomorrow.  It's been very windy and rainy the past 12 hours.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Thank you all for your kind words following the loss of my MIL. None of us leave this earth alive. The best we can hope for is to lead a life we are happy with. I can say with all sincerity that my MIL lived the life she wanted to. In the end she lived to see her great-granddaughter born. At the hospital she had her two youngest daughters and her only son to wish her the best on her way into surgery. Her oldest daughter was out with the new great grandchild, where my MIL wanted her to be. My MIL went to sleep in peace and knowing her family loved her. I suspect, that is all we can ask in the end.

Again, my best to all of you and thank you for the good wishes.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Sayhey! MM#130

tc, you are very gracious to take the time to visit with us.  It is good to read your words; your MIL was with loved ones and knew she was loved.  Your comments caused me to look around as I reflected, and to think on a much less profound level, that additionally, none of us leave the world with our stuff.

Continuing to think of you and your family.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

TwoCat - I am so very sorry for your loss. Will keep all of you in my prayers. Your words are quite profound and tonight as I get my siblings together to discuss their animosity over foolish things I will be sure to remind them oh so gently that we have but one go at this life and nothing is greater than the love of your family.

MikeE - you are a good dad. My dh and I often wonder when life will get a little smoother for us as well.

5.2 mile run - still taking it easy followed by a total body class at the gym which consisted of 30 min spin, 30 min strength.

denise

Twocat, all the best to your family -- it seems like it happened suddenly, so it must be quite a shock.

I put the word out to a bunch of younger runners -- 3 of them former students who are here in town -- and kinda launched a 6:30am Friday trail run.  Well, I have to convert one of them to the idea of trails.  It was fun today; I hope it catches on as a thing.

And I am super sore from a little 30-minute strength workout Wednesday night.  Guess who is a big creampuff right now and needs to work on core and upper body strength?  Right now I'd raise my hand, but (whiny voice) it's sorrrrre.

Starr, I am still not sure about this marathon thing, but I am certain I will be there for the festivities at the very least.  Poor enke finished the Eugene marathon alone several years back (her first!) and nobody was there to guide her to get some munchies, etc.  I swore it would never happen again.  And Tetsujin was lost and all alone with no phone contact or anything, for hours afterwards!  What a mess.  It will not happen at Portland.

Twocat, my condolences to you, your wife, and her family.  Mike,  I hope things went well last night.  Nice long run, mari.

This morning, it was about 40°, which is ok, but there was a strong wind with even stronger gusts.  I opted for 6 miles on the TM at an 11:06 average pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

moebo

Twocat, that was a very touching post. I hope the next few days are not too trying for you all.

4 miles for me this morning. It was really nice to still be able to go out in shorts and a tee-shirt.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Twocat, that was a very touching post.

Yes, for sure, a post to live by, . . . and not hard to figure out why MIL had such a happy, blessed life with people like you cat in her world.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

No worries this time econo as I've gotten so slow in the last ten years that there's no chance of finishing anymore in time to make it to any of the regular festivities anyway.  That's why I'll be going down a day early this time.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)