Masters Running

The Avenue of the Giants Race & Party thread (Read 70 times)

TammyinGP

I wanted to start a new thread for the RA Meetup/Race/Party of the Year.

The list of Attendees:

• Henry/Marj
    • OM/MR.OM
    • Rasmussen/MrsRas
    • Mariposai/Easy Pacer
    • Enke
    • Divechief
    • Econo
    • Johnny
    • Dg
    • WildChild
    • LaTortuga
    • Me
    • Jacquelyn 
    • Fatozzig/Shorty

On the List of Temptation: (those that expressed an interest and might be possibilities)

• pfriese
    • opie
    • MikeE
    • Dove
    • MustangSally

Accomodations:

We are staying at Miranda Gardens.

Marj/Henry, Rasmussen/Sue - each have their own cottages already reserved.

I have reserved cottage #11/12, which accommodates 6, with room and permission for rollaways/airmattress if needed for add'l people.

• cottage #11/12 has two queens, a double and a double hide a bed.

Those that I have on the list to cottage share are:

• Mariposai/Easy Pacer
    • Enke
    • WildChild
    • Dg
    • LaTortuga
    • divechief
    • Econo
    • Johnny
    • Me
    • Jacquelyn

The cottage is reserved for two nights (Saturday and Sunday)

We can use this thread for planning, coordinating, and tempting

Tammy

If you're flying in Saturday and a need a ride, we can coordinate picking you up at the airport.  Depending on what time everyone plans to convene in SoHum, I could drag you back to my house for awhile.  Although I love y'all, the Hub and I will be making one trip to SoHum on Saturday since it's about an hour drive, one way.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

OH, and if I forgot anyone, PLEASE let me know! I skimmed all the pages of the previous thread so I think I got everyone included that has plans to be there, but speak up if I overlooked anything!

Tammy

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Hmm, how do I say this... Turns out I'm going to have to bag this trip and race altogether, unfortunately. If anyone wants to take our cottage at Miranda Gardens, please let me know ASAP, since I plan on canceling it in the next day or so. Looks like the race registration is transferable with special arrangements, so if anyone who wants to run the full but hasn't signed up yet, maybe that can be worked out as well.

I'm really sorry to be doing this, but life and circumstances aren't going to permit me to do this one. Sad

TammyinGP

I'm so sorry OM!  I was so looking forward to meeting you.

Tammy

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I was looking forward to meeting you and the others, Tammy. It's just too much, I'm realizing, after my triple this past October. I'm pretty tired... I think I'll stay home now... Wink

TammyinGP

bumping this up before we lose it to page two!

If I were counting, I would say that the marathon is only 74 days away. Glad I'm not counting down to race day though!

But I am counting down to the RA Meetup and Party and that's only 73 days away!!  whoo hoo!!

How's everyone's training going?

Tammy

Henrun

Training??? In the snow belt-LOL!!!

Even my 10k will be a huge challenge!!!

Mariposai

bumping this up before we lose it to page two!

If I were counting, I would say that the marathon is only 74 days away. Glad I'm not counting down to race day though!

But I am counting down to the RA Meetup and Party and that's only 73 days away!!  whoo hoo!!

How's everyone's training going?

Training?

I am running, but not really training. The Ave is for fun. My key race will be in June.

I did this purposely so I can have a blast at the meet up.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

we've had a few folks that are not going to be able to make it (Debbie, LaT, Econo). I'm going to talk to Johnny this week but I know he's been injured and not running although he still may be interesting in coming down for the socializing.

Of those still on the list and that are cottage sharing, when you get a chance, can you let me know (either here or email at tlkmoore at Hotmail dot com) if you think you might not be able to make the trip. the number of people coming determines whether we keep with two cottages or maybe just one will be enough for everyone.

Based on the current # of folks who want to cottage-share, I think we could get by easily with just the one larger one, but if there are any others that are still thinking they might be interested in coming out for this party, then I don't want to give up a cottage, so if you are a "maybe" or "thinking about", can you let me know that also.

Thanks!

Tammy

pfriese

Tammy,

I've been postponing my Avenue of Giants update for awhile. While still on the List of Temptation, it is unlikely that I'll be attending. My destination marathon for the year will be Paris in April. It would take an amazing though not impossible series of both fortunate & unfortunate events to occur for me to attend this years RA gathering. So, as of now, consider me as a "very unlikely" participant.

Paul

Mike E

MM #5615

Sorry, Tammy--you can cross me off the list of Temptation, too.  It sure would have been fun.  Oh, why did I already do California?!

Maniac 505

Tammy:

I am still in,  don't know if I will do the 10K or 1/2,  either way I will be slow.

I did a bike ride last Sunday with Dove,  she doesn't check in here much, but she said sadly, she won't make it.

I know final price won't be calculated until we know who all the players are, but if / when you want a hand with the deposits, just let me know

Dave

Mariposai

The Easy Pacer and I will be there.

We will be having Enkie with us as well.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Sue and I are all signed up and looking forward to the meet up.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")