Masters Running

The Avenue of the Giants Race & Party thread (Read 70 times)

TammyinGP

FYI: As we get closer to the date, depending on who is coming down and sharing, I'll decide then if we can comfortably fit in the larger cottage or not. I have these two reserved on my credit card (but can cancel one if need 4 wks in advance at no charge), but no need for any pymt until we are actually down there. I'm just going to collect the $$ there and use it to pay my CC.

Tammy

dg.

sigh.

just wanted to say... .I"m so so so sorry that I won't be there!!!!

but so happy for those that will be!

TammyinGP

dg, we're all sorry you won't be there too.

Tammy

Guess it would take a miracle for me to come so scratch me too.  Darn it.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

TammyinGP

Tammy

Mariposai

FYI: As we get closer to the date, depending on who is coming down and sharing, I'll decide then if we can comfortably fit in the larger cottage or not. I have these two reserved on my credit card (but can cancel one if need 4 wks in advance at no charge), but no need for any pymt until we are actually down there. I'm just going to collect the $$ there and use it to pay my CC.

Thanks for doing all this hard work , Tamster.

DG......I so desperately was looking forward to meeting you in person.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Thanks for doing all this hard work , Tamster.

DG......I so desperately was looking forward to meeting you in person.

Me, too, dg.  

I'll be there, barring any unforseen problems. And I'm actually training, sort of.  If you count running hilly ultras good training for a flat paved marathon... 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

Hi All!

I'm just reviewing who all is coming and room sharing at Miranda Gardens.

Right now, I have 7 of us room-sharing: Nancy&Paul, Divechief, Enke, Carolyn, Me, Jackie.

the 7 of us can fit in the larger cottage (cottage 11/12). It has beds to accommodate 6, but both myself and Jackie have offered to sleep on air mattresses if needed (I'd probably rather do that then a rollaway as those never seem to be that comfy anyways).

If all 7 of us agree to share one cottage, our individual cost on this is $88 for both nights and that includes the taxes (the cottage is $616 for 2 nights incl taxes)

I have to cancel the other cottage reserved in my name by 4/1 to not incur a one-night charge (but now I see that I still incur a $15 cancellation fee regardless of when I can cancel it .

Please let me know as soon as possible what your preference is as far as the 7 of us sharing the one larger cottage as I would rather not wait until the last day to cancel and forget about it (I have jury duty that first week of April, so may not be around much if I get selected).

OR I could call down there again and see if they've had another small cottage open up, in which case we could keep our smaller cottage ($460 for 2 nights), maybe get another smaller cottage and split it up that way. Although it's doubtful they have any openings since they sell out sold a few months ago.

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

OM and her DH had reserved a cabin and they're not coming. I don't know if that one might still be available.  Otherwise I'm okay with whatever you decide, Tammy.   The only benefit I see to 2 smaller cabins instead of one large one is more bathrooms.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

Maybe OM can chime in if she's still lurking here to tell us if she still has it reserved or not? I assumed by now she's cancelled. But if OM still has it, what was the rate?

cottage 11/12 is the larger of the two that we have and is actually two adjoining cottages, so there are two bathrooms.

The kitchen is in cottage 11.

Tammy

I suppose with 7 people and two bathrooms it could work.  I was thinking there would only be only bathroom for 7, then that would be.....not great.  So I say, stick with the one cabin.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Thanks for thinking of me:  I'm still recuperating from a start-back-at-zero injury and have no business racing right now - and my travel schedule is pretty terrible.

But someday - someday.

dg.

They do deferral's...  anybody else like me, already registered?   (I'm so good at signing up promptly ).      I realized today that I'd better call them asap and I'm glad I did.    They were supposed to stop granting (is that the right word?) deferrals on the 15th.    I got a return phone call a few minutes ago and she stretched it, and so ....    well, I have a year.   (you too MS Wink)   I can do this.  Can't I?        
                            All I need is a year free of stooopid.

Call right now if you're interested!

dg.

I also wanted to say thanks Nancy, Carolyn, Tammy...    I so wanted to meet you in person.    Along with everybody else on the list  - what a wonderful group.    

This is a party thread, not a training thread, but I may have some questions to toss into the daily one of these days soon.

Maniac 505

sorry the list is getting smaller,  I certainly will not be racing there.   I am up for anything and I will gladly bring my sleeping bag and sleep on the floor.