Masters Running

The Avenue of the Giants Race & Party thread (Read 70 times)

Maniac 505

It sounds like it will be a great weekend.  so wish I could be there.

TammyinGP

We'll all have a beer or glass of wine in your honor Dave! With photos of course!

Tammy

TammyinGP

FYI:  Each person's pro rata share for lodging has been recalculated and updated in my summary post on page 4.

Tammy

Mariposai

Weather on race day... what is it going to be?????????

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

right now it's looking like Sunday is cloudy with a high of 60, which means it'll likely be in the mid 40's at race time. perfect for running!

and then when we go back to our cottage later, and bundle up in layers, we can all watch Carolyn jump in the pool.

Tammy

Mariposai

The Easy Pacer and I are packing right now. We are so excited!!!!

I cant' wait to meet Shorty and Wildchild

Ilenforward???????

And see all my other pals.

What a fun weekend is ahead of us.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mariposai

Tammy and Leslie, thanks for your input on the fastest route. My mom in love (that is what I call her instead of my mother in law). She is in Florence, OR. We will be spending the night with her on Friday. We plan to leave her house 9am. We will call Leslie or Tammy when we depart her house.

According to map quest, which Enkie and Paul looked at last weekend, we should be there in 6 hours.

Bag is already packed....now the chore of choosing which butterfly wing is coming with me.

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Sue and I spent the night in Astoria, OR.  Visited Rogue and Wet Dog Breweries sampling the liquid products.  Getting ready for a morning run along the "River Walk" pathway.  Heading south on 101 and planning on stopping somewhere in southern OR for the night.

Safe travels all. 

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

Henrun

We're in the air on our way to S.F. After a overnight in the city we're heading north on 101 to spend an overnight at the home of an old friend in Santa Rosa. Then on to Miranda. See you all soon.

Posie - You're right - it is faster for you guys to come down the coast from Florence.  Hopefully, you'll have beautiful clear skies so you can enjoy the scenery.

Mike - I'll be up in Astoria over Memorial Day Weekend, running with my buddies, Kate and Karen.  Astoria is a cute little town.  They have this store called "Deals Only" - LOVE - - - IT!

Marj and Henry - Enjoy your trip up through Wine Country.  You have a very pretty drive ahead of you.

I am so excited to see everyone ~ safe travels to all!

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

whoo hoo! Folks are on their way!

Wet Dog Brewery - okay, that sounds like my kind of beer!

So excited to see you all!

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

Looking forward to the weekend!

I was wondering who is doing which distance?  They have different start times, so maybe we can do 3 different carpools to the start?

This is what I think - correct me if I'm wrong:

marathon:   me, Mike, Nancy

half marathon:  Enkie, Tammy, Marj

10k:  Henry, Sue, Paul, Johnny

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

that's what I remember also Carolyn. Except John is no longer doing a race. he's coming out for socializing and cheering. He's currently doing some camping along the coast and will arrive late afternoon in Miranda.

The full starts at 7:45

HM: 8:45

10K: 9:00

Parking is actually pretty easy there. It gets a little backed up off the exit from the highway and into the staging area, but there's a very large, albeit rocky, river bed area that accomodates plenty of parking.  The traffic directors do a good job of keeping vehicles moving though and directing you where to park.

Tammy

Mariposai

Just wanting to make sure that the only ingredients I need to bring me is for the tabouli. I am assuming that Leslie and shorty has the list for everything else. Will they be ok with ckeck or prefer cash?

Paul and I are now on our way to enkephalin'se house then to OR. We are so excited to see everyone.

Thanks Tammy and Leslie for organizing us.

TammyinGP

Mariposai - yes, just bring your ingredients for your tabbouleh. all other ingredients for Sat and Sun dinners I provided in a list for Leslie.

and then of course, whatever other food/beverage items you'll be wanting for the wknd, but as far as the two dinners go, just tabbouleh stuff.

Tammy