Masters Running

Is this where Everyone is? Monday 12/24 (Read 829 times)

bap

Hopeful Mary, Here is what Trainer Steve says: "If you're sick above the neck, you can run through it. If you're sick below the neck, do not run with it."
    What if you have a sick neck?

Certified Running Coach
    Crocked since 2013

Ribs, those women aren't smiling -- they're smirking. Sort of a "look at that old geezer trying to impress us" kind of thing, the way they'd smile at a toddler. Made it downstairs to the treadmill for 4 miles at about a 10:00 easy pace. Maybe a trip to Caribou Coffee this afternoon to avoid the chaos around the house. I really like the running log here and am looking forward to using it regularly for '08.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

TheSaint

An interesting phenomenon I have figured out just today: Since I have been on the DL with this PF, I am working out just about every day at the Y and there are jillions of women there. Lately it seems at least 2 or 3 of them will smile at me as I am walking about, and I don't know any of them. I have puzzled over this and at first thought it was because they are now seeing me there more frequently. But today I concluded that women just naturally like to smile at good looking men. I wish they knew that I am a runner who is on the DL and that's why I'm there, rather than just some piece of meat for them to gawk at. Oh well, I don't imagine they can help themselves. Spareribs
        I just threw up in my mouth a little!
          ..........off to KY after work......... .......talked to my crazy brother last night............Hip hasn't hurt since Co-Incidence??.....I think not...... 30-min HH run ..............good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Guess my Cool Running Boomers Shirt is just a collectors item now...What about Running Ahead Masters???
            Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
              Did that give you a "fluffy feeling in your mouth"? No run today or any other kind of exercise. Lots of great food and rink at our holiday breakfast though and I believe I will stretch out and nap like a good sloth. cheers all, cfli
                ROTFLMAO at some of the stuff here today. It's making my mouthfeel all fluffy. I and my intrepid running buddy braved the ccccccold and rambled along the river paths today for about 6 EZPZ miles. We were treated to several cool bird sightings, including what was either a Rough-Legged Hawk or Red-Tailed Hawk. I managed a snap of him as he was gliding over head.
                Tramps

LOL Big grin This place is in rare form today. Aija, great pic. Aren't they neat? Even though I'm in suburbia , I'm fortunate enough to live near some major undeveloped acreage that is home to lots of wildlife. I also work mostly at home and my desk is in front of a large window. I get to watch the hawks and herons and eagles (along with the vultures) in some pretty dazzling displays. I'm not talented enough to snap a good picture though.

Be safe. Be kind.

I see some sunshine outside. Woo hoo! I remember that stuff!
                    Soundie, This morning at 8:30 I walked into Bucking Bronco's room to encourage him to join me for breakfast in the dining room. His head was covered with a pillow and he lay half-covered by a bedspread, still wearing yesterday's pants and shirt. He and his brother live like primitive savages. "Why don't you get up? I'll make you breakfast. Do you want hot oatmeal with apple slices?" I said enticingly, but he only groaned and said, "No!" Dark Mare entered the room and said, "Actually, we are out of oatmeal," which didn't help. She has an annoying attachment to the truth which sometimes impedes my childrearing techniques. I pulled the pillow off his head and said, "Get up! I'll make you hot mulled cider." "Turn off the light!" he shouted. "The light isn't on, sweetie," said Dark Mare. "That's the sun," I said. "I can't turn it off." Pretty soon he got up, after I repeated my blandishment of hot mulled cider. It's afternoon now and I think he is still wearing yesterday's clothes. Dark Horse
                    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                    bap

An interesting phenomenon I have figured out just today: Since I have been on the DL with this PF, I am working out just about every day at the Y and there are jillions of women there. Lately it seems at least 2 or 3 of them will smile at me as I am walking about, and I don't know any of them. I have puzzled over this and at first thought it was because they are now seeing me there more frequently. But today I concluded that women just naturally like to smile at good looking men. I wish they knew that I am a runner who is on the DL and that's why I'm there, rather than just some piece of meat for them to gawk at. Oh well, I don't imagine they can help themselves. Spareribs
                      Are you wearing tight spandex shorts by any chance? There's nothing more attractive to women than an old geezer in spandex shorts and a cut off t-shirt.

Certified Running Coach
                      Crocked since 2013

CassadAAmius

Ribs, what's Bing Crosby doing in your avatar? Hi DolceRosie! Roch, thanks for asking. My AT is continuing to heal slowly. I tried ramping up my mileage in November and early December to about 20 miles a week, running easy every other day. But that was too much too soon; it started getting worse. So I've regrouped again, alternating between the pool and the elliptical. I'd also gotten lazy about doing my PT exercises, and I'm doing them regularly again. The tenderness that used to be there when I squeezed the tendon is nearly gone. I'm planning to take the rest of the year off and try some easy running again in early January. I have a date with the desert on Leap Day and want to be healthy. 4000 yards in the pool today, with a main set of 500 (8:50), 400 (6:40), 300 (5:15) , 200 (3:20), 100 (1:35), 50 (:42) with 100ez between the reps. Felt tired and slow. Hit the 400 but struggled with the rest. In the lane beside me were Ironwoman English Professor (whose tri bike I bought), who kicked my butt, and Swim Coach Bethany, who kicked Ironwoman's butt. She told me I need to roll more and am entering the water too flat. Then 35 min of AT stretching, situps, PT exercises, and core stuff. Everyone have a great Christmas if you celebrate it.
                        PJH

Just peeking in to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and holiday season! I've thoroughly enjoyed this group over the past year (and everyone else from CR) and your enthusiasm for this sport of running that I have come to love so much. Thanks to all of you! I haven't been posting on any of the dailies recently, although I have been lurking. I've decided to post my runs on the 50+ thread (after all I will be 58 in Jan!). Although some of these guys/gals are way more experinced in their running and can be somewhat intimidating at times, I do enjoy the running dialogue that takes place. I also think we "newbies" have something to offer them too! I hope the 50+ thread does find a home though (maybe even here), along with the 40/40 - another favourite of mine. This will be the first year in over 30 that I won't be waking up in my own bed on Christmas morning. My DW and I will be spending Christmas with DS1 and sharing the "wake up" with 3 of my grand-daughters (all 5 and under). Should be fun. My DIL is a great cook so I'm looking forward to the turkey dinner as well. I got in a 9.0 mi run this morning ... 1:28:40 ... 9:50 pace ... 142 hr. A balaclava run with cold, blustery winds! I hope to get in 3-4 ez miles tomorrow in advance of a 10-mile race on Boxing Day. Wishing you all a healthy & happy holiday season and great running! PJ PS - Here's a pic of me during final few hundred meters of my Toronto marathon last September.

#artbydmcbride

....., I on the other hand have gotten soft and slow, ......
                            Don't worry tallrunner, after a short rest, you will be ready again. Big grin Yay La DolceVita is running again!! Smile Yay, that crazy American, bap is here! PJH, I can't see the picture.

Runners run

PJH

Ilene ...not sure what's happening. I can see it on mine. When I open explorer again, can still see it okay. Anyone else having problems? If so, what's easiest way to post a pic? PJ
                              Tramps

Pic looks fine on my screen. Question: How do I get the phrase "Masters Group" to actually be a link to the front page of this forum? In other words, the local equivalent of what at CR was: [URL=xxx]Masters Group[/url]

Be safe. Be kind.