Masters Running

Friday, March 15 Runs and Other Stuff (Read 49 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Just thought I'd get up before Jay....

Oh wait, we haven't gone to bed.....Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hmmm...somebody has some extra time on her hands, tonight...

arf

MM #405

Hey wait a second!.........being the night owl/bookend, I just posted in Thursdays daily's...now I am so confused

Bushrat Runner

Hey wait...it isn't even Friday here yet...you must have your clock set wrong...

Marathon Maniac #957

Must be that darn DST.  I sprang too far forward......Wink

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

coastwalker

So, should I be saying 'good morning' or 'good night?'

Nice run with the speed-demon yesterday, Ribs, even if it wasn't what you had planned. And Happy BIrthday to LvS!

Runners exist in a dork-free zone...

Ladders are tough - nice job yesterday, C-R.

I hope everything goes well with the new baby, Deez.

Have a great trip and a great race, Leslie!

The first time in shorts at the beginning of the season is always the best, isn't it, Nancy?

"Funny thing, when I am retired, I'll probably get up at 5:10.  Roll eyes" Probably more true than you think, Holly. So, is Dexter a people whisperer?

Meetings went very well, Mike. Lots of good energy and ideas, and everyone left jazzed about what comes next. Good luck tomorrow, Mike!

I got an email from a constituent in our town, more of an ongoing rant, that he sent at a little after 2am. Should I be worried that someone is up at that hour composing rants? Fortunately, I am only one of a handful of people on his recipient list.

SRD for me today. I worked out the last 3 days in a row, which was the first time I'd done a "3-fer" since early January. So a bit of a back-off is in order. So I did a lot of stretches and core exercises (thanks for the core exercise suggestions yesterday, Karin) this morning instead. This afternoon, I'm going for some more deep-tissue (meaning "push it till I scream") massage.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good morning all, I've been absent for the betterpart of a week just so very hectic and I've also been sick and spent a couple of days in bed this week, then last night at the hospital with DW's Mother who lives in an in-law apartment with us.  And of course we are scheduled to fly out tomorrow to Florida...just very hectic and not much time to post.

I did get my 20 miler in last Saturday and felt great, after the long run DW and I spent the rest of the day at a wrestling meet watching #2 grandson take second in his division...very proud....but a very long day indeed.  Then another 8 very easy miles on Sunday and then wham sickness set in.  Haven't run a step this week, who knows maybe it is for the best.

We also had the inspection on our apartment house which for the most part went fine, and of course the buyer submitted an ammendment for us to make a bunch of little repairs that were ridiculous and would have been extremely time consuming for me, so I counter offered with 2K for him to take care of any legitimate issues and told them take it or leave it I would put it back on the market if he didn't take it.  Well he took it, so that is progressing nicely at this time.

Maybe once I am on vacation I will be able to catch up with the forum and some running too.

Have a great day and and even better weekend all.,

Hey all and Happy Ides of March (Can the Ides of March be happy? Sure!)

Hope all continues to go well with the real estate transaction mainerunnah and that everyone feels better soon.

I thought of you today as I successfully registered for the Beach to Beacon 10k this morning----fingers poised over my keyboard at 7 am EST and ever optimistic that I'll be back in sharp racing shape by then!

I head off to the doctor soon and get the word on whether I can walk without the boot and then start to build it back.

The kiddo has a hockey banquet tonight and then outdoor track season begins on Monday with the first practice. Pack up the skates and pads and bring out the spikes and batons. They won't have to shovel snow off the track, but it's not quite shorts weather around here. He also showed me his senior year course selection sheet last night. Good grief that time just flew by!

Mornin' all!

Yes, Jay, first time in shorts felt wonderful.

Unfortunately, now I'm paying for it.

Foot blew up on me again last night, still sore this morning.

Maybe too much too soon....back to square one.

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

C-R

To fair to Holly it was Friday in Europe when she posted. Had no idea you were on holiday over there.

Public service is tough sometimes but glad people like you are involved Jay.

Good luck CNY with the doc.

Good weekend miles maine.

Careful Hem. Easy does it.

Nice 10k today at easy pace. Legs felt great. Might take them for a spin this weekend.

Cheers all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Tramps

More runnin', less postin'. Smile

EZ 12.

Be safe. Be kind.

wildchild

Carolyn

Holly's getting ahead of herself again!

Heme, bummer about the setback.  Take care of yourself.

Karin, hoping for good news from the doc!

Maine, have a great trip to Florida.  Hope you feel better, and hope you find a good property.

Happy Ides of March to everyone!  Yes, it can be happy!  It's my 31st wedding anniversary today.   DH forgot...   but we never do anything special for our anniversary anyway!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I thought of you today as I successfully registered for the Beach to Beacon 10k this morning----fingers poised over my keyboard at 7 am EST and ever optimistic that I'll be back in sharp racing shape by then! 

Karin - I got in as well, it filled in less than 5 minutes!  We'll have to touch base before race day to make arrangements to meet up even if only at the start.  We always have a good group of "Rowdies" running the B2B and have a pretty good gathering to partake in a few cold beers after the race in the parking area.

Good morning, Holly and all. Happy 31st anniversary wild!

Yesterday I was thinking about being able to in 5 years, but will probably stay longer to keep the health insurance longer.  MrStarr is semi-retired and that does irk me when he’s lollygagging around the house when I am working.  He did have 2 home inspections this week, painted the bathroom and cleaned up all the dog poop.  I guess I’ll keep him.

The news here is that we sold our house yesterday!  We didn’t have it officially listed because there is a lot of unfinished work from remodeling projects, window and base trim, tiling, etc.  The realtors at the office MrStarr used to work for did a walk through and would show it by appointment only.  We got the deal put together, no inspection required and they are taking it as is.   We haven’t lived there since June 1st and the renter in the basement moved out a month ago so the timing was right.  Now it’s time to really clean out what’s left there.  We have an auction scheduled for next Saturday and the closing is in 3 weeks.  I called the kids last during my break at orchestra practice.  I guess they will be coming to get their stuff sometime soon.

Beautiful weather her the last few days and I’m looking forward to finally getting out for a run tonight, maybe in shorts!  It will be good stress-reliever, that’s for sure.  Last year I had my bicycle out by now!  Tomwhite, are you able to bike?  Hope you are doing better.  Feel free to rant, miss you here.  Hemme, sorry that you’re hurting now too.  Good luck on your race MikeE, relax, relax..

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

King of PhotoShop

5.5 on tired legs.  Everything else is fine.

Compression socks are now all the fashion rage too, in various colors. So many people wear them these days that they don't look dorky at all.

Sunday I'm having the boys over for a big St. Patrick's Day (a day late) dinner: corned beef, carrots and potatoes, no knead bread and fresh-made horseradish sauce.  No cabbage. Don't like cabbage.  Spareribs