Masters Running

Diner With Rosie (Read 218 times)

Hill Runner

Rosie stopped by our house for diner on Tuesday night. She drove to Charlotte on Tuesday to pick up Lilmissrosie on a late flight coming into Charlotte Douglas Airport. Carolyn (My DW) & I had planned an Italian diner but we were having such a good time that we almost forgot to put out the Trader Joe hummus and vegetables and we completely forgot to put out the watermelon... 
    Unfortunately Ralph (Rosie's DH) was working and couldn't make the trip but I'm looking forward to meeting him in Boston next April. We had a really good time and Rosie is such a fun person...even nicer than I expected her to be. 

As you can see from the photo, there is some sweat on my shirt...Rosie wore me out on a walk through the neighborhood.... 

The flash setting was off on when taking the self-timed photo so the quality of the photo is lacking...we are all so much better looking in the proper light 
    Thanks for a really fun time Rosie. 

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
    Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
    Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

You lucky people, having an RA get together.  I've sure enjoyed the ones I've had.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

I think it's a great photo, of all of you!  It's always nice when RA friends can meet in person.

(and what a beautiful kitchen you have!)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

I was thinking that you have a nice kitchen, too!   Or is it a diner?    (I guess you were so bamboozled by the ladies that you forgot how to spell...)  Thanks for the photo!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Geez, Peter, Rosie looks fresh as a daisy and you're all sweaty! A fun evening, I'm sure. Thanks for sharing and posting photographic evidence! (and yes, very nice kitchen!)
              I think it's safe to say that all us wimmin are jealous of that fabulous looking kitchen!

And hummus. Mmmmm!  I love hummus.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

So lilmissrosie was going to Guatemala and flying in and out of Charlotte at all hours... hmmm... who do I know near Charlotte? Peter! Napoleon Dynamite voice)>Yesss<(Napoleon Dynamite voice)

Peter and Carolyn graciously invited me to their home for dinner.

I had driven 5.5 hours to Charlotte, checked in to a Hampton Inn that was about equidistant from airport and Peter's place. Lilmissrosie's flight was scheduled to arrive at 2330, so I had plenty of time to visit with PandC.

As soon as I pulled into their driveway, I knew it would be a nice evening. The rain had stopped and the air was pleasant and I parked the Vibe, turned around and there was my host, greeting me with a big smile.

I felt like I had known Peter for years because we met on Cool Running 3-4 years ago! He introduced me to his DW, Carolyn, and we were all instantly friends.

Dinner was great. Peter is Italian and really knows his red sauce. Carolyn is the farmer in the family and provided a wonderful salad with lettuce freshly picked from her garden in the back yard.

Heh heh, the wine you saw in the photo... well, I would have had another glass had I not had to drive to the airport that night! It was nice.

After dinner, Peter and Carolyn showed me their gardens. Wow. Carolyn is to gardening like RBBMoose is to running. Phenomenal. Breathtakingly beautiful flowers growing in lovely beds situated nicely in their gorgeous yard. Words can't do this place justice.

Carolyn offered to clean up the kitchen while Peter showed me around the 'hood. I can honestly say that I have never seen a more runner friendly neighborhood in my life. We walked for miles and, maybe, saw one car. It was hilly but, the right kind of hilly.

I had such a good evening! We all talked so easily about different things. We laughed a lot about movies and shows we liked. We talked about music and high school and life.

It was a good day.
                Thanks Peter!
                And tell Carolyn I said "hey"!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

#artbydmcbride

Great get together, and great photos!!  Smile

Runners run

SteveP

Too Sweet!!! Thanks for the pics.

SteveP