Masters Running

It's the Thursday Daily! 4.25.13 (That's 1-5, scrambled) (Read 44 times)

Hang in there, 2K }{healing hugs}}

JLynne - That's how my butt feels every time I get off my bike.  Ugh!

Math - My brain cramped then fizzled.

SteveP - "I ain't no stinkin' dog!  I belong in the FRONT row!!"

I got my orthotics today, 4 days earlier than I expected.  Woo Hoo!  I told the PT who made them that she was my hero.  I didn't ask, but I have no doubt she put in some overtime to get them done for me.  So now I have to work my way into them: Today - 1 hr in a.m., 1 hr in p.m.  If all goes well, tomorrow increase to 2 hrs each, so on and so forth.  Hopefully I'll be able to run for about 30 min on Wednesday.

So in asking my PT about running in them, she said, "So for your first run, don't go doing any kind of crazy mileage."  Me: "What constitutes 'crazy mileage'?"  PT: "Oh.  That's right."  Big grin

And on a more personal note - my brother and SIL could really use some prayer.  I believe I told you folks before that she was diagnosed with breast cancer about two years ago and since has been trying to "cure" herself.  Well, after two years not menstruating, she is now  menstruating again, which could very well mean uterine cancer.  She has really gone over the edge mentally with all this and is living in some fantasy land that everything's going to be okay and blaming my brother for every little thing that goes wrong.  He is under an enormous amount of stress, and I'm very worried about him.  He's one of those people who will try to minimize the affect on him, but I can tell otherwise.  Please keep both of them in your prayers

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

9 = whatever it wants to equal since all the previous statements are inequalities.  2 = 6 ?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Not a bloody clue!  Black eye  I need a new job I am clearly unqualified for the one I have, "Do you want fries with that?"  Sad

Oh but we learned this years ago, on the show "Doogie Howser", that the proper way to say that line is as a statement of fact, and not a question: "You want fries with that." The customer has no choice but to succumb to social "fries" pressure and agree that yes, they do indeed WANT fries with that.

The bat costs $1.05, the ball costs $.05. I used my fingers to figure that one out. I was a math major, but clearly marketing interests me more these days. No clue as to Byll's question, ran out of fingers....

Boy, I should run on Thursdays more often. Wink

TammyinGP

(From a FB post)

If

2 = 6,

3 = 12,

4 = 20,

5 = 30,

6 = 42,

Then

9 = ?????

Bill

I come up with 90 also.  Not sure if you want us to say the pattern i'm seeing or how i came up with that or not.

Tammy

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I come up with 90 also.  Not sure if you want us to say the pattern i'm seeing or how i came up with that or not.

Oh yeah, never mind, only needed three fingers for that... Also got 90.

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Totally 90.

According to the Facebook post, only 15% of the people will get it right.  (Of course we're all so brilliant i knew we'd get it right.  Runners are smart!!)

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Tramps

Am I the only one with 72?    Oh wait, 90. Embarrassed

Anyhow, a rare late afternoon run.  EZ 7-miler.  Everything feels very different running this time of day.  I'm so used to the morning light, etc. Strange.

Be safe. Be kind.

aka FlyingFinn

I like Enke's answer and almost went with that. I looked for a different pattern because the 90 seemed too easy. Maybe there's more than one "right" answer. Wink
                    4 miles with no complaints from my ankle.

Instructions for living a life:

Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.   ~~~Mary Oliver

Marathon Maniac #957

Busy busy day working through my lunch in preparation of taking time off, not only tomorrow for my trip to Louisville, but Tuesday and Wednesday I go to Atlanta for a conference.  Do we know anyone in Atlanta?

SO looking forward to meeting Mike!

The 2 women I am driving down with and I are starting tomorrow with a manicure and pedicure before we drive to Louisville.  Might as well pretty up my toenails while I still have some...Joking....but I have a wedding to go to next weekend and just bought some sandals to go with the dress I'm wearing, so hopefully they can make my feet presentable.

No run for me today, just some core work and push-ups.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

"Don't you get my joke?  It's hilarious!  Squirrel ice cream!  Get it!?!"

Oh My Gosh..prayers to your family Leslie.

Let's see...Superman just turn 75 and was the product of two youth's brainstorming in Cleveland...... "Ace" was the seckrit identity of Batdog....and Green Arrow had been a castaway on a deserted island..so yeah..90

This is a daily argument at our place:

SteveP