Masters Running

Beautiful morning Saturday runs& good deeds (Read 349 times)

Yes It's A Beautiful Morning,   44F w/ bright sunshine.

Off to work the finish line at a 5k for Habitat For Humanity.  Maybe there's one in your area evryday.

Run 5 easy miles w/Dw later.  Cross your fingers it will be her 1st run on the road for 7 weeks.  She thinks she's ready after 6 days on the treadmill.

I've got to be on my way now

Ain't no fun just hangin' around

I've got to cover ground, you couldn't keep me down 

Have A Wonderful Weekend!!!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

I've got to be on my way now

Ain't no fun just hangin' around

I've got to cover ground, you couldn't keep me down 

Just takin' some clean fresh air boy, ain't no sense in stayin' inside if the weather's fine and you've got the time....

Good luck to your DW on her first "road trip" this morning, Sarge. Nice of you to volunteer at the 5K as well. It's always great to give back, isn't it?

The sun is just coming up, I'm dressed and having a cup of coffee before I head out. Good luck to Deez and all of our other racers this weekend. Hope you weather is as wonderful as it is here - 52° at 6:30. There might be one last round of golf for me later today.

Drove down to Milwaukee yesterday to see the kids (OK, mostly baby Will). We thought today might be the day and they needed me to take some of their stuff home because there wasn't room in their car for the baby, them and all of the junk they've accumulated over the course of 3 weeks. We found out that the baby will have to stay the weekend as his oxygen stats are still low and the doctors want to keep an eye on him for a few more days. The scar on his chest is healing nicely - and I got to feed him! It's funny - I've raised two kids and babysat for hundreds of others, but there was my DS telling me how to do it. Gotta love first time dads.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Humor that first time Dad Jlynne.  He's lovin' it!

10.1 miles this morning at 8:53 pace.  I met up with a few fater runners and they charged up our one and only "hill" very fast - faster than I am capable of.  I made it a light fartlek workout too with a number of 1 minute striders thrown in.  The right leg wasn't too happy with me for doing those, but no big deal.  The breeze is whippin' out there today.  The outward half wasn't too bad (with the wind), but the inward half was a challenge.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Gotta love first time dads.

Guilty. I was there once or twice. Good to know the little one's on the mend.

Upper 20's this morning, a bit of a breeze; it made for a brisk 5 miler, 42:45.

Off to get the girls.

Walt

Slo

Good Morning Masters !

It is a gorgeuos day......we may see low 70's !......Well, those of us that ain't at work . Given the state of the job market one shouldn't really complain......and I'm still paying of bills from my youngest DD's appendectomy.

It was a very nice fall morning to ride to work.

Our HS Football team lost the Quater finals last night.......finished the season 11 - 1. They haven't been that far since 1973.......I didn't go to the game last night but you could hear the crowd from my house. The 7 sec delay from the radio broadcast was quite evident......I would hear the crowd and then 7 secs later listen to the play on the radio.

I would love to hear the sound of my feet landing on the leaves piling up in gutters......

Yes it is a beautiful morning -- started out at 33° but it warmed up near the end to 37° -- almost perfect.

It's good to see the fater runners going that fast, Bill!  Smile

For whatever reason, my HR was a bit high today -- just some random fluctuation, I assume.

5.1 miles, 46:33, 9:04/mi, AHR 146 (74% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

dg.

hi.

it's beautiful here too!   a knee babying walk/run with happy happy sadie,  2 of those yesterday along w/ 1/2 hr. core work,  but never got on to post. 

gotta go.

more later.   happy weekend!

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

13 miles will be run in a little while.

We're going to test out the new bridge over the Chickahominy.

Jlynne, here's hoping Baby Will's O2 (oxygen)  sats (saturation levels) are 100%!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

dg... what's this Knee sympathy?  Thanks!

4 Knee Babying miles with knee feeling fine, just some tendoniitis above the knee (quad tendon) and a bit (quite) stiff to bend making the strides shorter and pace slower.  This will make for a nice slooow marasurvivathon Saturday in Richmond. My plan is a bit of running and balance out with elliptical for the next 6 days.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Renee the dog

My 5 yr old ran my warm up 1/2 mi with me!!!  She's got grit I tell ya. Yeah, "Whiskey" hasn't run since before the summer, but today, she decided she was going and going twice as long as before, because her legs are longer.

OK then!

Jlynne, gosh that must be a tad annoying, but I imagine that having the chance to feed him made up for all that!

Oh, and then I did another 4.5 mi wave-ish run.  FINALLY figured out what's irritating my upper thigh -- I think I'm overreaching/overflexing my foot on my short leg.  Anyway, by keeping my foot flexed, I had no more pain strikes.  I'm very psyched!  This has been a nagging problem since before the Phila. Distance Run.  I did figure out a way to tape it that really helps, but I hate to tape for every run...

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

jlynne,

Holding grand babies is the best! Yours must have been really special after being able to look and not touch for so long. Hope he gets home real soon.

I'll stay with the beautiful day theme as I ran in sunny and 53 degree temps today. 3 miles at the track. I had to recalculate my watch since I put new batteries in it has been off. Normally I have a pretty good idea of my routes but tomorrrow I want to just wander and enjoy the warmth before the winter sets in for good.

Hard weekend to watch my girly figure.

Last night I went to a benifit  for a local scholorship. (open Bar)

Today its football with my friends at the( sports bar)

tonight its martini night with my wife and friends at( another bar)

I guess tomorrow I can lay off the booze long enough to run and get some yard work done.

Cheers 

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

It truly is a beautiful day!

10:59
                          58° F
                          dry
                          IRC

I think I ran the Richmond Half Marathon this week but am registered to run it next Saturday. Oh, and I ran it here instead of there. And it is all Ralph's fault.

mile 1: 9:35
                          mile 2: 9:34
                          mile 3: 9:39
                          mile 4: 9:35

mile 5: 9:35
                          mile 6: 9:45 (Chickahominy Bridge and water and gel break)
                          mile 7: 9:36 
                          mile 8: 9:36
                          mile 9: 9:30

mile 10: 9:26
                          mile 11: 9:26
                          mile 12: 9:31 (Swamp Trail)
                          mile 13: 9:25

13 miles
                          2:04:09

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Barb... I guess you'll be ready for next week Smile  Nice "dry run"

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Good one, troutstream...

Shall I look for you at the finish?

Marathon Maniac #957

Buehrle-Rose - Nice HM.  How was the bridge?

7.3 easy-paced miles for me today (ave 9:58) with 5 x 50m striders in a windy 45°.  Stomach issues are mostly gone, thankfully, if only to be replaced with hormonal issues.    Thank goodness for ibuprophen.

DH and I got a start on our Christmas shopping this morning.  Anyone ever look at JoAnn Fabrics at the kids’ section?  Maybe it’s just the superstore we have here, but that store and Michael’s Crafts have some really neat Christmas ideas this time of year.  Today I got a Surfer Girl Jewelry Making Kit for a 7yo niece (who lives near the beach in CA), an Edible Science Experiments Kit for a 10yo nephew, and 2 really cool jigsaw puzzles for my own kids.  Plus Michaels has some inexpensive and unusual stocking stuffers.  And there’s a “40% off one item” coupon in the Sunday paper every week.  I know I’ll be going back for more in the coming weeks. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."