Masters Running

Monday, November 4th runs and stuff (Read 43 times)

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Morning all,

Karin - so sorry to read about the kiddo.  Thoughts and prayers your way.

Yesterday - a fun run in NYC with 72,000 of my closest friends.  And by close I mean constantly bumping into and weaving around.  I made the mistake of estimating my finish time at 3:45 for seeding.  So I started in wave 2.  By the time I finished (3:32 net time), I must have run over 27 miles.

Truly a once in a lifetime experience.

YAY pbj//.............good to see you back at it............

Congratulations to all the racers yestereday, ya done good

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

Nice racing and rocketry from Moab to Manchester and everything in between.  A great weekend for the runners here.

Karin--I missed that about your son and had to go back to read.  Glad you're getting good help and have had time to adjust but, still, that sucks.  One thing that doesn't suck is your running; nice job on Manchester.  3:26 on a tough course and windy day! Excellent.

PBJ--I get a little claustrophobic just thinking about it!  Good job, though.  Hope you enjoyed it.

Unseasonably cool 30F this sunny morning; perfect weather for a run.  I was wiped out by a busy weekend and went to bed really early, so I was rested, too.  EZ 7 with striders.

Be safe. Be kind.

Henrun

On the train heading back to Boston with a very tired and achy DW, but also very happy.

PBJ, sorry we missed seeing you. Great race,

Congrats to all the racers from Moab to Manchester.

((Karin))- I also had to re read about the kiddo-hope treatment is available in the very near future.

C-R

Nice PBJ. I can't get my head around that many people running at the same time and course. It looked awesome on t.v.

A nice little 3.2 starter to recover from Sat and Sun doubles. Will run again with my kiddo tonight.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Karin, I'm so sorry to hear that news, best wishes!

Nice running Union blue...

Very disappointing Indianapolis Monumental Marathon for me 4:07:10 finished with several problems making the last 4 miles ugly.

No well I'll just keep on keepin' on.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I think I saw you PBJ!! I was on 1st Avenue, between 88th and 89th Streets, west side, literally all day. Well, I saw SOMEONE wearing a jester's outfit, and the timing fits considering when you finished. Gray hair, hugging the east side of the street, yes??

Congrats to all the runners this weekend!

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

OM - I don't know about what side of the road - I was all over the place, weaving like crazy.  But I was wearing the jester's outfit (no hat) and shades.  Spiderman was at about the same pace as me.  Now I need to do a NJ marathon - any suggestions?

C-R, I still have a couple of rockets down in my shop that my DS and I built and launched probably 20 years ago. We used Estes kits; do they still make those? I always laughed at the instructions that wanted you to launch them from the middle of about a square mile of empty land with no wind. Not happening here in Michigan, so we did lose a couple in trees (but only started one small grass fire).

Sounds like a nice race yesterday, PBJ, but no way you'd catch me in a crowded run like that any more. What, there was a marathon somewhere and OM wasn't competing?

Another sluggish start to this morning's run. I shortened it to 6 miles so I'd have the energy left this afternoon with my DW for our annual Falling Leaves Hike out at our favorite metropark. Falling leaves is right today, too, as they were raining down on my during my run.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

OrangeMat

MM #6177

This was the sign I had with me:

C-R

Hey Roch - Estes is still the big name in rocketry. We use a soccer complex about 1/4 mile from the house (not during season people Wink) but its still close to lots of neighborhoods. On occasion, we've had to drive the subdvisions to find a rocket or two in someone's yard.

Oh and the boys want to use C and D engines now. If you happen to hear about some major issues about surface to air launch missiles in Indy at least you'll know who is in custody.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

King of PhotoShop

I'm sorry Karin, and I know you will persevere, do the right things and be strong.

Off for a bit here as I took some rest, then ran my Half yesterday. Blew up at mile 11 and did a very slow jog in from there.  Was running 9's right on the button, the POW!  I was gassed. Didn't even break two hours, which has never happened. Ran 2:01.  Well that's what I get for too much racing, which gets in the way of proper training.  So I was 2nd of 21 in my AG and the guy who won it ran 1:53, a time I can beat, so I'll get back to training and get him in December.

My RP ran 1:40 and was 2nd female in the 45 to 49, but her AG had 148 in it. So today we jogged and walked and celebrated our second place finishes.  Back to training tomorrow. Spareribs

Lamerunner, your marathon (especially from what CNY said) sounds awesome ! Kudos for putting on such a fine race.  Great race report Karin.

Congrats to PBJ and Marj, and the Moab racers.

Sorry about your plus 2hr time SR, but second place sounds nice.

I did 5.23 Remi miles last night.  I was running on lit roads, so didn't think to bring my headlamp.  Mistake....I couldn't see the sidewalk in some areas, and had to walk those parts.

Next up: a 6'4" Norwegian widower and a 5'7" part time runner, who is really cute.  As you can tell, I am not picky about height.  Smile

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Singer who runs a smidge

Marry the Norwegian.  Speaking from experience, they're the best!!  Wink

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Dave59

4.1 miles at lunch.