Masters Running

Thurs OMG It IS Swimsuit Season - Weightloss Thread Wk 8 (Read 326 times)

Still holdin' steady!  Weighed in at 139.8 this a.m.  Guess that chocolate milkshake yesterday afternoon didn't derail me like I thought it would.  Maybe 'cause it was a small . . . .

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

I'm happy to report I was 140 this morning! That's cool, and it feels "real" (as opposed to a temporary drop from light eating the day before or low salt or whatever) because I am wearing the jeans I haven't been able to wear for many many months! I don't like the "painted on" jeans feeling or look, so when I can comfortably button and zip, I'm happy! I think that's a 6 lb loss from my peak last fall...

Marathon Maniac #957

Nice job, both of you!

I'm still holding steady myself, although I was hoping to have a little drop, since next week will be very little running.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

That makes 4 of us, although my holding steady isn't likely to last too long.

So little running for me....too hot, too humid, and I wake up too late!  But I'm trying to 

keep things even by swimming more and doing Zumba 3 x week.  I am just proud that

I was able to maintain weight while on vacation, inspite of nonstop rum punches - hey mon!

Is it just me or is anyone else having major problems running more than a few miles when it

is 75 and 100% humidity?

Is it just me or is anyone else having major problems running more than a few miles when it

is 75 and 100% humidity?

Ugh!  We'd freaking die here on the North Coast if we had that.  People are passing out in the streets if the temps hit 70.

Good job on the holding steady, everyone.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Renee the dog

Still 130.2.  It's been raining. I'm getting my workouts in, but eating (and drinking) more with the bad weather.  Hoping the sun comes out for a few days in a row!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Renee the dog

is 75 and 100% humidity?

BTW, I'd give my right arm about now if we could get to 75.  We're trolling under that with the usual 93% humidity, and I gotta tell you I like it hot & humid.    I feel much worse at 0ºF and 40% H.

SteveP

213 Thant's down two pounds since we started

SteveP

is 75 and 100% humidity?

I hate running in warm, muggy weather! It was already 67° and 80% humidity here at 5:00 AM. By the time I got to the end of my first mile, I was dripping. To me, about 45 to 50° is perfect.  My miles always go down during the summer because I'm not a good warm weather runner. Spareribs, Byll and the others are my role models because they run in the heat and humidity all the time.

Oh yeah - weight. Back up to 123.5 after my "temporary stomach flu" loss last week. Someone needs to come and get all of the chocolate chip cookie dough and Sneakers ice cream out of my freezer!

Prince of Fatness

May 1 - 168 lbs.
                      May 8 - 166.5 lbs.
                      May 15 - 167.5 lbs.
                      May 22 - 169.5 lbs.
                      May 29 - 170.5 lbs.
                      June 5 - 166.5 lbs.

June 12 - 168 lbs.

June 19 - 168.5 lbs.

No comment.

Not at it at all. 

Renee the dog

MrPhil,

Come for a visit.  We can starve ourselves together.

Well I weighed in again today and was again 130.2.  That means if I didn't stay up late having 2 martinis and assorted snacks with my husband and his buddies visiting from CA, I'd have likely broken 130 today. 

Crap.

Jlynne said:

I hate running in warm, muggy weather! It was already 67° and 80% humidity here at 5:00 AM. By the time I got to the end of my first mile, I was dripping. To me, about 45 to 50° is perfect.  My miles always go down during the summer because I'm not a good warm weather runner. Spareribs, Byll and the others are my role models because they run in the heat and humidity all the time.

We are soulmates Jlynne!

I forced myself to do 3.1 this morning...my time was too dreadful to post, I get heat rashes, but I just have this thing about treadmills!   

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

191 this morning.  I'd echo Nono's comment if I were making one.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Spareribs, Byll and the others are my role models because they run in the heat and humidity all the time.

Hey, we're out there slogging it out in 10 lbs of extra clothes when it's 8 freezing degrees with 20 mph winds and 2" of snow atop a sheet of ice, faces getting pelted with snow and ice and snot freeziing to our upper lips...

MY HERO is ERIKA, who REALLY has tough conditions to deal with. 

Heat and humiditiy - bah!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

holding the same here

denise