Masters Running

Last March Daily, 3.31.18 (Read 35 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Friday’s workouts:
    RunnerKSA (3.5 miles/1000 streak days)
    Tramps (usual 5-miler)
    Stumpy (3.1 streak-starting [?] lake loop miles in 48° temps)
    Dave59 (3 rainy morning miles)
    Henrun (4 Brooklyn Bridge miles in low 50s temps)
    Deeze (5.1 birthday (but not age) miles)
    Catwhoorg (5 lunchtime miles)
    Anzlo (14 EZ morning miles)
    Holly (15 pre-vacation miles, half rainy outside, half dry inside)
    Fatozzig (office-cleaning, carton-carrying cross-training)
    Wildchild (Ultra Dirt Diva 15 mile group dirt road/trail run)
    Surly Bill (7.8 trail miles with 980’ elev. gain)
    Falconfixer (5+ post-work miles at just under 9m/m)
    Mariposai (3 post report submission miles with the RP)

Excellent streaking, KSA!

Dave, we also like to eat fairly early, and I go to bed early (DW - not so much&hellipWink

I hope you had a greta birthday, Deeze! BTW, my hip is much better, but not completely fixed. So I give it extra attention when stretching & rolling, and try to ignore it when working out.

Evanflein, it wasn’t a great bottle of wine that we cooked with, so it wasn’t a total waste. Like the “moon tan” reference…

Great long runs, Cat and Holly. Have a fun time in Punta Cana, Holly!

Good way to deal with a cold (Netflix), Econo.

Surly Bill/Fatozzig, we stayed at the Madonna Inn on our honeymoon trip almost 4 decades ago - I’m glad it’s still going.

The bed magnet pulled hard after a lousy night's sleep, but I eventually got up and out. 6.3 progressive RW miles in 37° temps, under the good light of a fool moon, still high in the sky. Good thing the moon was there - my headlamp dimmed and died about halfway through. Time for new batteries.

We're heading to RI for lunch with old friends today. It'll be an all-day trip, but it'll be fun.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...mornin' jay.......

==============

50-min PoolRun nb, cf, ris, paw

..........being drug outside for more yardwork later today (against my will)

...............Good Running to Ya and Happy Easter..........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Madonna Inn; yes, I plan to pee in/on everything that is unusual and designated for peeing. Also, it looks like there is an open space park right behind it with trails totaling about 6 mile loop, so I might get some miles in after all..

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Good morning good people. 6 miles (with several walk breaks in there) on the treadmill at the Y this morning, since it's snowing out.

I feel so bad for all of the organizations who had outdoor Easter egg hunts planned for today.  Several inches predicted for the day, then sustained winds of 20-25 mph with gusts over 40. A great day to hunker down and cheer for Sister Jean's team.

Happy belated birthday Deez. Hope it was a good one.

I hope Holly has a great vacation - well deserved.

Hey Surly Bill- DH and I celebrated a couple of wedding anniversaries at the Tickle Pink Inn near Monterey. Do you know if that's still there? We loved that place.

I think I need to have a conversation with Leslie. I'm dealing with a lot of the same issues she was. The PT I've been seeing for the last few weeks gives immediate relief, and I've been faithful about doing the exercises, but by the end of the day it hurts to sit down and my lower back and right leg are giving me fits. I'm just hoping it's not my hip causing the problem. Anyone have any advice/suggestions?

Happy Easter everyone. Hope your weather is better than it is here!

Henrun

4 miles (2nd day in a row) on a sunny Passover morning in Brooklyn Park. In the 40’s but feels warmer. Still in shorts (that’s all I  brought) but Iwarmed up as I went. Many runners, walkers and tourists. A young man from Sydney Australia asked me to take his picture with the Manhattan skyline and Brooklyn Bridge in the background. I ❤️ NY. Home tomorrow after our2nd Seder tonight.

Well, day 1001 didn't go too well.  Emergency bathroom stop before I even left the parking lot, which is never a good sign.  Heart rate was too high the whole way and I felt horrible.  Slow, slow, slow.  Who knows?  Somehow I managed 8 1/2 miles, but it wasn't pretty.  Nice day, though- 49-54 or so and sunny.  I overdressed, but that wasn't a bad thing since I was so slow.     That's done.

Easter Vigil service tonight, which is very long (they claim it's shorter this year and I suspect they left out some of the readings) but afterwards there is a "feast" at the church with fantastic food and wine.   We'll go to our daughter's church to hear her preach in the morning.  It will be our first time there since she became Interim Rector.  We didn't want to swoop in "Here are the Parents!"  too soon.   She'll come over later tomorrow for Easter dinner (grilling steaks) and is bringing someone she's dating.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Happy Passover and Happy Easter my friends!!

8 miles this morning - 1 solo, 7 with sole sister friends!! That makes 4 days in a row for me but I am thinking tomorrow will be a non-running day. I really don't think the every day agrees with my body. I do need some strength work which I haven't done since last Sunday.

We are going to have the granddaughters overnight so the Easter Bunny will make an appearance in this house once again!! I have all the Easter baskets ready as my son just seems overwhelmed by stuff lately. He has been going to AA meetings at least. I did tell him he's on bedtime duty tonight (with my DH) as I am going to the Easter Vigil. Love this mass and I am one of the readers tonight so feeling very blessed.

Wish we had a food and wine feast afterward like KSA's church!!

denise

Quickadder

Tax season is getting in the way of my running. I've managed to keep reading the forum, but not contributed for a while.

This morning was beautiful for running. 53F and not too humid with clear skies and a full moon when I started, though the temperature rose with the sun. Group run with our Boston participant who had just 13 this week as she tapers. I continued a little further and ended with 15.1 at 9:36 average pace.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

KSA - double congratuations.

Greta spring day to spring back into the swing of things after two weeks of lots of other things swirling around so didn’t I'd be up to 24-Hour's spinning class so opted for LA’s Aquafit, . . . . only to find a retired drill instructor subbing for 50  brutal nonstop minutes..  Whew.
                    Without Gonzaga upholding West Coast honor in the NCAA anymore, I didn’t know who to root for, . . . .until I found out “the champions of the West” are still in the running, . . . even though there’s no wolverines there anymore either. GO BLUE!

I’ve been waiting to post until I had a real run to post, but....

Dear Econo - actually, the rules have kind of changed . . . .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

spacityrunner

Hot and sunny, clear blue skies and a stiff wind blowing made for a perfect afternoon run along the balboa spillway trail.  First and so far only run this week.  Gone are the speedy flat runs of DC...sigh...but tis ok.  3.1 miles a bit slower than I would have liked, back into the 13 m/m range.  But it was fun nonetheless.  It feels good to be retired!

Trails Rock!

bioguy

Tired! 7.6 today after yesterday’s 11,9 of which were at marathon pace. Watched a rocket launch today from NASA’s Wallops Island facility and did some yard work. Over 170 miles for month of March.

wildchild

Carolyn

Very short run, less than a mile, to end the month on a prime.  It was either that or 7 miles, but with 15 yesterday and another 16+ planned tomorrow, I opted for the shortest run possible.  Our snow is melting fast, and the road is a muddy/slushy mess!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Dave59

5.62 miles this morning. Tomorrow is my wife Cindy's birthday. I'm not sure how I feel about being married to a 60 year old woman.   Who would ever guessed we'd live this long.

Tramps

38 miles on the bike on a pleasant afternoon.

Wow, I'm out of shape.  Even with the wind, this felt much tougher than it should have.

Be safe. Be kind.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Happy Birthday Cindy60!

Happy Passover, Henry et al.  I love your Brooklyn running tradition and 2nd Seder!

Happy Easter Vigil, Deez et al  Like KSA, our church has a "feast" after mass... I can't see myself eating at 2300?

We'll be going to 0630 Easter mass.  The K of C assists with parking at the other morning masses, so Ralph is on parking duty at 0755.

I love going to the sunrise mass on Easter. I imagine myself running back from the tomb to tell the others that it is empty.

41F

3.55 running miles!

39F

1.65 walking miles

The rest of them ran at 0600. We arrived late on purpose to do our own thing. Which is running and walking. And then we all had coffee after.

64F

2.9 walking miles

King Leonidas "Leon" needed a walk so Ralph and I obliged.

NIce to see JLynne and Econo and all y'all here.

Follow-up on Blaine's first paralegal interview.  He did not get the job. However. He felt good about the interview and said they were really nice. I keep telling him to let me introduce him to some of my lawyer friends so he can ask them for an internship but, he thinks he can get a job by applying for it. I hope it works out for him. He is so smart and such a dedicated employee. His first love is writing and he has such good customer service skills. However. He has to learn how to get his foot in the door!

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate your support as we try to get DS launched!

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

There's an open door for you

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

There's an open door for you